UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    If true, too bad on Duda. Not surprised seeing as the rumors were other teams tried to get him. I doubt he ever suits up in Orono at this point. Next man up .
    As I said before...the group of d-man at Maine now will be solid

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post

As I said before...the group of d-man at Maine now will be solid
      The right side will be good but a little worried about the left especially if Holt or Brezeale is out for any length of time.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I'm with Wally - I doubt we'll ever see Duda in Maine blue. Too bad. But a player at his level can't afford a lot of time sitting in the stands. Especially when there is competition comparable to D1 where he can play now. And his trajectory should put him above D1 and UMaine a year from now.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The right side will be good but a little worried about the left especially if Holt or Brezeale is out for any length of time.
          Holt had a broken finger at the last part of the season. While Brezeale had lower body issues also at the end, but hearing both are ready for the 2023-24 season....injuries are part of the game...hoping to stay away but if it happens...well that's hockey and you just have to adjust....plain and simple.

Comment

• Getting close to school starting, a few weeks and Captains practices will be in session. Should be be an interesting season. Hope to see the improvement continue.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Getting close to school starting, a few weeks and Captains practices will be in session. Should be be an interesting season. Hope to see the improvement continue.
              Improvement should continue...along with high expectations also with the new recruits, continued work ethic...and a team first approach.

Comment

• What would everyone like to see for lineups heading into the season?

D. Houle | L. Breen | F. Trudeau
                B. Nadeau | N. Renwick | J. Nadeau
                T. Freel | B. Poisson | C. Hanson
                H. Scott | R. Pabich | N. Niemo

D. Breazeale | L. Antonacci
                B. Holt | G. Arnott
                B. Chabrier | R. Hopkins

V. Ostman | P. Berzins

I can see there being movement all season with the bottom six but I'd probably start here and see who works themselves in and out of the lineup. No idea if Barr would start Hopkins above the third pairing but think his game would pair up better with Holt.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  What would everyone like to see for lineups heading into the season?

B. Holt | G. Arnott
                  B. Chabrier | R. Hopkins

V. Ostman | P. Berzins

I can see there being movement all season with the bottom six but I'd probably start here and see who works themselves in and out of the lineup. No idea if Barr would start Hopkins above the third pairing but think his game would pair up better with Holt.

I think your goalies and D are on point but I think we see Nobes breaking into the D rotation soon.

I feel the forwards are a wild card and Breen centering the top line is the only sure thing. I don’t think Houle is a top line guy on this team and neither is Trudeau. Houle spent half of last year playing on the third and fourth lines on a less talented team and Trudeau had a decent freshman year but is probably the 6-9th best forward in this line up. I think we see Neimo put up 25 points and Berzins will be the best backup we’ve had in a long time.
                  Last edited by Tango; 08-20-2023, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                    What would everyone like to see for lineups heading into the season?

B. Holt | G. Arnott
                    B. Chabrier | R. Hopkins

V. Ostman | P. Berzins

My guess is the top six looks pretty similar to last year with B.Nadeau taking Henbrant’s spot with Renwick and Poisson. I would then suspect Trudeau and J. Nadeau are on the third line but not sure who plays with them. I really have no idea on the fourth line.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Hopkins on the first or second pair. Berzins should be a major improvement but it would be an absolute miracle if Maine gets as good of goaltending as they did last year. Incredible how many points Ostman stole for Maine.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I think Houle is a good 3rd liner. Trudeau is going to be a lot better than last year. We will see who worked hard in off season.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I bet Nadeau's at least start the season together. They've played on the same line at every stop so far and I see no reason to believe that will come to an end in Orono.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          I bet Nadeau's at least start the season together. They've played on the same line at every stop so far and I see no reason to believe that will come to an end in Orono.
                          Can't beat Chemistry to start off with.

Comment

I think Houle is a good 3rd liner. Trudeau is going to be a lot better than last year. We will see who worked hard in off season.
                            Agreed.

Houle is a nice player that has a little speed, seems to work hard, and has a hard shot but he doesn’t really create much. I think he got all that time on the first line his second year because there was flat out no one else to play.

Trudeau I thought had a little bit of an underwhelming first year(3G, 5A) considering there were BDN articles about his scoring ability. I wasn’t expecting a 20 goal season out of him the first year but something seemed off like he was either injured, overwhelmed, not jiving with the team, or something. He didn’t play in 8 of their games and I wondered if he was hurt or benched. In his one BCHL year before Maine he had a monster first half and then an average at best second half and I wondered if he had gotten hurt midway through the season and the injury carried with him his first year at Maine.

Comment

• Look for Lydeen Breen/the spark plug for Maine to have another fun to watch season....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

Agreed.

Houle is a nice player that has a little speed, seems to work hard, and has a hard shot but he doesn’t really create much. I think he got all that time on the first line his second year because there was flat out no one else to play.

Trudeau I thought had a little bit of an underwhelming first year(3G, 5A) considering there were BDN articles about his scoring ability. I wasn’t expecting a 20 goal season out of him the first year but something seemed off like he was either injured, overwhelmed, not jiving with the team, or something. He didn’t play in 8 of their games and I wondered if he was hurt or benched. In his one BCHL year before Maine he had a monster first half and then an average at best second half and I wondered if he had gotten hurt midway through the season and the injury carried with him his first year at Maine.
                                I don’t know if Trudeau was necessarily underwhelming, he definitely showed flashes of what he’s capable of. I expect him to take a big step this year. I think his skating needed some work last year but a full off-season should help with that. I know he was injured to start the year but seemed like he may have been injured again midway through. Hard to settle into a new level when you’re in and out with injuries. Still have super high hopes for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X