Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by grooverider View Post

    Just doing our best to get your coach fired anyway possible
    Try harder, please. *Sweeping the "White Out The Whitt" thing last Spring probably saved MS7's bacon.

    * - for long time fans of the asterisk in the UMaine-UNH rivalry, never let it be said it's a one-way street ;-)
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

      Try harder, please. *Sweeping the "White Out The Whitt" thing last Spring probably saved MS7's bacon.

      * - for long time fans of the asterisk in the UMaine-UNH rivalry, never let it be said it's a one-way street ;-)
      UNH is in the same boat Maine was in a few years back...they don't dare change...and it will go on this year and a very good chance the season after...just glad that what happen to Maine is in the rear view mirror.

      Comment


      • FYI, a little league team from Maine is headed to World Series, pretty cool.Gray-New Gloucester
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

        Comment


        • FYI....Maine football playing at Oklahoma in 2024 for a $650K payday.

          Comment


          • That should be a good game.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

            And stay off the lawn!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              FYI....Maine football playing at Oklahoma in 2024 for a $650K payday.
              They also go to Montana State in 2024.....Oklahoma is a pay day game...while playing Montana State is a good football choice game...I understand the need for money...but getting whipped is not my idea of how a program should go...but again I know I am in the minority in that case.
              Last edited by 9twenty; 08-12-2023, 10:23 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                That should be a good game.
                uhuh :-) should be a real nail biter
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by acs64 View Post

                  uhuh :-) should be a real nail biter
                  62-3
                  Last edited by 9twenty; 08-13-2023, 12:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    FYI....Maine football playing at Oklahoma in 2024 for a $650K payday.
                    Was this a late addition to the Sooners' 2024 schedule, or has this been on the books for some time? Just wondering who dropped off OU's schedule to open things up for UMaine's payday opportunity ... as I'm sure you guys already know, the big D-1 schools (Oklahoma included) usually have their schedules worked out years in advance.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                      Was this a late addition to the Sooners' 2024 schedule, or has this been on the books for some time? Just wondering who dropped off OU's schedule to open things up for UMaine's payday opportunity ... as I'm sure you guys already know, the big D-1 schools (Oklahoma included) usually have their schedules worked out years in advance.
                      OU had to cancel their OOC game with Georgia once they joined the SEC....also SEC voted to have only 8 conference games (compared to 9 in the Big 12) so that created an extra opening as well.

                      Comment


                      • Duda Update: on Elite Prospects Duda has been moved from this years roster to the 24 - 25 roster. Also the "welcome Duda" story has been removed from goblackbears.com. EP does not have him listed for anywhere this year and he has not been added to the Youngstown website yet.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tango View Post
                          Duda Update: on Elite Prospects Duda has been moved from this years roster to the 24 - 25 roster. Also the "welcome Duda" story has been removed from goblackbears.com. EP does not have him listed for anywhere this year and he has not been added to the Youngstown website yet.
                          I am still seeing the story on the website but see him recessed on EP.

                          Still seems like an ongoing situation.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tango View Post
                            Duda Update: on Elite Prospects Duda has been moved from this years roster to the 24 - 25 roster. Also the "welcome Duda" story has been removed from goblackbears.com. EP does not have him listed for anywhere this year and he has not been added to the Youngstown website yet.
                            Not surprised, but was hoping like alot of Black Bear fans that he would be playing sometime this season...with that said, I am very confident with the group of d-men that Maine has in place for this upcoming season.

                            Comment


                            • Where do Elite Propsects get their information? Are they really a reliable source?

                              Comment


                              • If true, too bad on Duda. Not surprised seeing as the rumors were other teams tried to get him. I doubt he ever suits up in Orono at this point. Next man up .
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X