UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

On paper, this team looks really good. I think these lines provide scoring up and down the lineup.

My take is a bit different and I think the Nadeau’s stay together. I don’t know that breaking up chemistry like that benefits either of them. I’d like to see Renwick center them and really be the muscle on that line.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing that Houle-Breen-Freel line stay together. They were great last year and Houle’s game seems to elevate when paired with Breen.

Trudeau-Hanson-Poisson is my third line and Niemo-Scott-Scholle is my fourth. I’m really hoping Trudeau comes into his own this year and I think he will. If his skating takes a step this year, I think he’s easily a double digit scorer.
    I'm with you for a Nadeau-Renwick-Nadeau line. Don't think it makes much sense to mess with that chemistry unless it just doesn't translate immediately but that trio should have some success as a second line.

I'm curious to see what improvements we get on the PP this year. That has been a big weakness the last couple seasons to the point where the futility has been almost embarrassing at times but it seems like they have some players coming in that could bump that PP% back up into the 20's where we want it. Can see Hopkins being an impact player there if he can earn some second unit time.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

I'm with you for a Nadeau-Renwick-Nadeau line. Don't think it makes much sense to mess with that chemistry unless it just doesn't translate immediately but that trio should have some success as a second line.

I'm curious to see what improvements we get on the PP this year. That has been a big weakness the last couple seasons to the point where the futility has been almost embarrassing at times but it seems like they have some players coming in that could bump that PP% back up into the 20's where we want it. Can see Hopkins being an impact player there if he can earn some second unit time.
      PP% @ 20% would be ideal....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post

PP% @ 20% would be ideal....
        It was 18.9% at the end of the season (against 19.9% for opponents). After it was changed up before UNH it was 33.3%. Maine probably had more freshman on PP than most NCAA teams. It was always going to be an adjustment. That said, I expect the Nadeaus will improve it further.

Comment

• Originally posted by OronoKO View Post

It was 18.9% at the end of the season (against 19.9% for opponents). After it was changed up before UNH it was 33.3%. Maine probably had more freshman on PP than most NCAA teams. It was always going to be an adjustment. That said, I expect the Nadeaus will improve it further.
          Yep that 18.9% was from 14.8% in Barr's first season so a small step in the right direction nonetheless. Hopefully its an area that continues to improve with better talent to work with.

Comment

• I’m not sure the Nadeaus would be good enough defensively to play together on the first or second line. My guess is Brad plays in the tops six and Josh plays on the third line to start. They definitely could play together on the PP.

I’m not convinced Maine moves up in the standings at all but expect it to still be a fun season. BC is almost certainly going to finish ahead of Maine and Providence or UMA definitely could as well.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post
              UMAINE BASEBALL/2nd baseman Quinn McDaniel picked in the 5th round(153rd player)by the San Francisco Giants.
              He's good. Reminds me of Mike Bordick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

He's good. Reminds me of Mike Bordick.
                He's a gamer...watched him play the last few seasons and enjoyed his talent and never quit attitude...tough kid and from Maine to boot...!!!

Comment

• Greg Moore Named USNTDP Head Coach. I'm waiting for the Drew S. post about how this is going to crush Maine's recruiting efforts!!!

https://www.therinklive.com/junior-a...n-ntdp-history

Comment

• Sounds like everyone on the team is at the optional 6 week workout that has already started

Comment

• Great news for Greg Moore, one of my favorites to watch.

In case you didn’t know, Vermont fired their head coach. No real details at this point. Inappropriate behavior with a student?..
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                        Greg Moore Named USNTDP Head Coach. I'm waiting for the Drew S. post about how this is going to crush Maine's recruiting efforts!!!

https://www.therinklive.com/junior-a...n-ntdp-history

Maine alumni as head Coach of a team
                        full of potential recruits…..hmmm. Love it.
                        Congrats to Greg!
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

• I didn’t realize Greg was a free agent. Hopefully he can steer some kids to Maine and the job leads to something big down the road
                          for him.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Great news for Greg Moore, one of my favorites to watch.

In case you didn’t know, Vermont fired their head coach. No real details at this point. Inappropriate behavior with a student?..
                            Moore always a hard worker...he'll be behind a bench in Div.1 hockey soon....and in VT., what a mess by the sounds of it...look for players to hit the road by seasons end....

Comment

• Barr has a good chance to be Hockey East coach of the year. Imo this team finishes top 5. I've said it before they need to extend him now.

Comment

• If coaches leave - I don't think Barr's leaving - do they often take players with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X