• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grooverider View Post

Looks like they have added a third assistant coach now too:

https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens...ric-soltys/836
    Wow, impressive resume.

Comment

• Mark Divver @MarkDivver
      Youngstown adds Artyom Duda to its 30-man protected list. '04 defenseman signed NLI with Maine, NCAA eligibility TBD, as he played 14 KHL games last season. Arizona 2nd rounder in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Mark Divver @MarkDivver
        Youngstown adds Artyom Duda to its 30-man protected list. '04 defenseman signed NLI with Maine, NCAA eligibility TBD, as he played 14 KHL games last season. Arizona 2nd rounder in 2022.
        "If" he does get to play for Maine, I would think it's more during the second semester then anything....but what comes into question is playing in the KHL and if and most likely he was paid....I guess we stay in tune and wait for the NCAA to make their decision...my gut feeling and that's not worth much...if he did get paid then that will hurt his chances of playing Maine or college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post

"If" he does get to play for Maine, I would think it's more during the second semester then anything....but what comes into question is playing in the KHL and if and most likely he was paid....I guess we stay in tune and wait for the NCAA to make their decision...my gut feeling and that's not worth much...if he did get paid then that will hurt his chances of playing Maine or college hockey.
          Is there a world where Duda plays the first semester in Youngstown serving the penalty from the NCAA and joins the team in the second half? I don’t know how all of that works but with online classes, he’d definitely be able be enrolled and play out there.

If he wasn’t such a high draft pick, I’d be more optimistic but I doubt the Coyotes are crazy about the idea of him sitting out for a semester.

Comment

• We’ve seen this movie before. Hopefully at some point he plays for Maine but I certainly wouldn’t count on it. It was definitely worth a shot but doesn’t sound promising. I can’t imagine the NCAA is going to cut Russian kids any sort of breaks right now.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Is there a world where Duda plays the first semester in Youngstown serving the penalty from the NCAA and joins the team in the second half? I don’t know how all of that works but with online classes, he’d definitely be able be enrolled and play out there.

If he wasn’t such a high draft pick, I’d be more optimistic but I doubt the Coyotes are crazy about the idea of him sitting out for a semester.
              What would be the chance that the NCAA rules he can play for Maine the second semester....and with that he stays Maine, goes to classes and practices with the team during the week....till he can actually play...IF that would be allowable by the NC$$

Comment

• A draft pick that high can't afford to twiddle his thumbs for a semester, no matter where he's going to play.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  A draft pick that high can't afford to twiddle his thumbs for a semester, no matter where he's going to play.
                  Yes & No....but really he has to make up his mind...does he wait and then play or go play right off and decide is the college route for him or just head to Canada and play Major Junior....or even in European Leagues....myself I would go with what they have in place now and wish him the best...this is more or less wasting time hashing it over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    We’ve seen this movie before. Hopefully at some point he plays for Maine but I certainly wouldn’t count on it. It was definitely worth a shot but doesn’t sound promising. I can’t imagine the NCAA is going to cut Russian kids any sort of breaks right now.
                    How ever it turns out its a good shot by Barr, get him committed and see what the ncaa says. If he is not eligible no harm done really, if he can play then a super recruit.

Comment

• My shot at lines for opening night.

Forwards

Poisson/Breen/B. Nadeau
                      Neimo/Renwick/J. Nadeau
                      Trudeau/Freel/Hanson
                      Scott/Pabich/Houle

Bench: Lindauer , Scholle, Carney, Calafiore

Defense

Breazeale - Antonacci
                      Holt - Arrnott
                      Nobes - Hopkins

Bench : Chabrier, Lesakowski

Goalies

Otsman
                      Berzins
                      Androlewicz

* A lot people don’t think the Nadeau’s get broken up. I think you have two great lines if they do.
                      * I think Neimo ends up being the surprise of the year. Although, maybe he’s not really a surprise anymore.
                      * Watched Berzins World Turny and USHL highlight footage. He looks like he’ll push Victor.

Comment

• I’ll bet the Nadeaus get broken up at times but think they will be together at end of season and on PP
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                          My shot at lines for opening night.

Forwards

Poisson/Breen/B. Nadeau
                          Neimo/Renwick/J. Nadeau
                          Trudeau/Freel/Hanson
                          Scott/Pabich/Houle

Defense

Breazeale - Antonacci
                          Holt - Arrnott
                          Nobes - Hopkins

Goalies

Otsman
                          Berzins
                          Androlewicz

* A lot people don’t think the Nadeau’s get broken up. I think you have two great lines if they do.
                          * I think Neimo ends up being the surprise of the year. Although, maybe he’s not really a surprise anymore.
                          * Watched Berzins World Turny and USHL highlight footage. He looks like he’ll push Victor.
                          On paper solid looking team with depth...imo, goaltending has to be solid game in and game out...which in hockey is always key....scoring should be up with a good chance the power play units(both)...should give other teams headaches...and the d-men taking the next step up...not flashy but responsible in their own end...and keeping their focus on the discipline side also....still going to be lunch pail unit that has to work hard all 60.

Comment

Forwards

Poisson/Breen/B. Nadeau
                            Neimo/Renwick/J. Nadeau
                            Trudeau/Freel/Hanson
                            Scott/Pabich/Houle

Defense

Breazeale - Antonacci
                            Holt - Arrnott
                            Nobes - Hopkins

Goalies

Otsman
                            Berzins
                            Androlewicz

I think that you Mainiacs are going to enjoy watching both Nick Niemo and Harrison Scott, who were two of my favs at Bentley.

edit: I fixed spelling of Niemo for you. :-)

You may recall that Harrison Scott scored two of Bentley’s five goals against you in Waltham last October.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 07-17-2023, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Forwards

Poisson/Breen/B. Nadeau
                              Neimo/Renwick/J. Nadeau
                              Trudeau/Freel/Hanson
                              Scott/Pabich/Houle

Defense

Breazeale - Antonacci
                              Holt - Arrnott
                              Nobes - Hopkins

Goalies

Otsman
                              Berzins
                              Androlewicz

On paper, this team looks really good. I think these lines provide scoring up and down the lineup.

My take is a bit different and I think the Nadeau’s stay together. I don’t know that breaking up chemistry like that benefits either of them. I’d like to see Renwick center them and really be the muscle on that line.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing that Houle-Breen-Freel line stay together. They were great last year and Houle’s game seems to elevate when paired with Breen.

Trudeau-Hanson-Poisson is my third line and Niemo-Scott-Scholle is my fourth. I’m really hoping Trudeau comes into his own this year and I think he will. If his skating takes a step this year, I think he’s easily a double digit scorer.

Comment

• I'd be shocked to see Houle start the season on the 4th line, for sure. And Scholle will need to be a real suprise to start before Pabich, Lindauer and Carney. Pabich played 31 games last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X