No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just post your thoughts and save me the Google aggravation?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

The Nadeau’s are studs. It’s hard to tell on the highlights if the competition is that much worse or they are that good. Every goal appears to be with such ease. Historically the BCHL has been a really solid league and the fact they’re producing not as 21 year olds tells me they’re that good.

if the current stats hold, they will be the first players to average over 2 points per game since the 2015-2016 season. Take that for what it’s worth. Still have to keep expectations realistic but I’d expect both to score 10-15 goals next season. Additionally, I’d expect them to elevate the power play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

if the current stats hold, they will be the first players to average over 2 points per game since the 2015-2016 season. Take that for what it’s worth. Still have to keep expectations realistic but I’d expect both to score 10-15 goals next season. Additionally, I’d expect them to elevate the power play immediately.
        Because I was curious, I researched this statement. The player in question who averaged above 2.0 PPG that year was a guy named Scott Conway. He was 20 for most of that season and turned 21 near the end of it, and he already had NCAA experience, playing at Penn State the year before and dominating the BCHL in his transfer year. He ended up landing at Providence after that, posting roughly 10 goals and 25 points per season for the three remaining years of his collegiate career with the Friars.

Given that both the Nadeau's, even Josh, are younger than Conway was, they probably really are just that good and should be productive collegiate players from the jump. We talk a lot about them, but it's hard not to be very excited for their arrival in Orono.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Because I was curious, I researched this statement. The player in question who averaged above 2.0 PPG that year was a guy named Scott Conway. He was 20 for most of that season and turned 21 near the end of it, and he already had NCAA experience, playing at Penn State the year before and dominating the BCHL in his transfer year. He ended up landing at Providence after that, posting roughly 10 goals and 25 points per season for the three remaining years of his collegiate career with the Friars.

Given that both the Nadeau's, even Josh, are younger than Conway was, they probably really are just that good and should be productive collegiate players from the jump. We talk a lot about them, but it's hard not to be very excited for their arrival in Orono.
          We do talk about them too much and I hope it is not a hinderance to them. I wasn’t alive when the Ferraro twins came to Orono but this has got to be closest thing since in terms of a family duo.

I believe the portal opens Monday for underclassmen, I wonder if we will see anyone for Maine. So far, I would say everything seems to be breaking in the right direction for Maine, hope it remains that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

We do talk about them too much and I hope it is not a hinderance to them. I wasn’t alive when the Ferraro twins came to Orono but this has got to be closest thing since in terms of a family duo.

I believe the portal opens Monday for underclassmen, I wonder if we will see anyone for Maine. So far, I would say everything seems to be breaking in the right direction for Maine, hope it remains that way.
            Don’t forget about the Heistens.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Saw Tim Whitehead at the Garden tonight. I wasn't around as a Maine fan when he was the head coach, but he saw my sweater and gave me a quick nod. Neat little interaction.

Comment

I don’t expect the Nadeaus to be great right out of the gate. It will take some time to get going. Look at what MC did to BU and their team full of draft pics. They will have to get used to having players hanging all over them.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Yeah, hoping the expectations are not unrealistically high for these kids. Lot of pressure...dont need neither to begin gripping their sticks too tight if they hit a dry spell which they undoubtedly will at some point. Is it just me or did both the Ferraro twins and the Heistens perform below their hype coming in? I know Walshy was very high on the Ferraro twins. Maybe someone with nothing better to do can look up their stats. :-)
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Yeah, hoping the expectations are not unrealistically high for these kids. Lot of pressure...dont need neither to begin gripping their sticks too tight if they hit a dry spell which they undoubtedly will at some point. Is it just me or did both the Ferraro twins and the Heistens perform below their hype coming in? I know Walshy was very high on the Ferraro twins. Maybe someone with nothing better to do can look up their stats. :-)
                    Chris Heisten was never hyped like Barett was. Barrett was good as was Chris. The ferraro twins couldn't stand out with Kariya on the ice.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Why not just post your thoughts and save me the Google aggravation?
                      Huh?
                      Ok, my thoughts: look at the stats and temper expectations.
                      Better?
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        Chris averaged over 1.2 ppg and Peter close to 1.5 ppg so I’d say they lived up to the billing. The Heistens may have performed a little below expectations, Chris averaged .64 ppg and Barrett averaged .92 ppg.

Comment

[QUOTE=BlackBearFan19;n3799190]

Chris averaged over 1.2 ppg and Peter close to 1.5 ppg so I’d say they lived up to the billing. The Heistens may have performed a little below expectations, Chris averaged .64 ppg and Barrett averaged .92 ppg. [/Q

Appreciate you digging those stats up. Of course we watched the twins play but for some reason my recollection wasnt spot on there, lol. They were on such great teams at the time.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Josh Nadeau is still draft eligible this year. Is there a shot a team takes a late round flyer on him with all the attention his brother is getting?

Comment

All y'all are apparently too young to remember the Tortorella brothers. Well, Wally's not, but...

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                Huh?
                                Ok, my thoughts: look at the stats and temper expectations.
                                Better?
                                Try, "So-and-so is doing such-and-such and I think it means X for Maine because of Y." All you've said is, "go look at the stats." Twice. Without bothering to include a link. That's not an opinion or evaluation of anything.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X