Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bradly Nadeau has been selected by the Carolina Hurricanes #30 overall in the first round of the NHL Draft.

    Comment


    • A mock draft last week had him going #30 to Carolina.

      Comment


      • Who knows what HE teams Maine is supposed to host for 2 this season? Home schedule:

        Oct 12-13 RPI
        Nov 10-11 ???
        Dec 1 UNH
        Dec 9 Bentley
        Jan 5-6 ???
        Jan 19-20 UML
        Feb 9-10 ???
        Feb 23-24 ???
        Mar 8-9 UMass

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
          Who knows what HE teams Maine is supposed to host for 2 this season? Home schedule:

          Oct 12-13 RPI
          Nov 10-11 ???
          Dec 1 UNH
          Dec 9 Bentley
          Jan 5-6 ???
          Jan 19-20 UML
          Feb 9-10 ???
          Feb 23-24 ???
          Mar 8-9 UMass

          It's hard to tell sometimes because of how they do the formula, but my BEST guess from who is left based on last years schedule will be out of this group:

          UConn
          Merrimack
          Vermont
          BU possibly 1 or 2
          BC for 1 likely

          Comment


          • Originally posted by grooverider View Post


            It's hard to tell sometimes because of how they do the formula, but my BEST guess from who is left based on last years schedule will be out of this group:

            UConn
            Merrimack
            Vermont
            BU possibly 1 or 2
            BC for 1 likely
            Thanks, I forgot one game Dec 3 so that's probably the BC or BU one game

            Comment


            • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              My guess is that MS7 falls short of expectations one more year and thats the last straw.
              Oh, I have no doubt he'll meet our expectations.

              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

                Oh, I have no doubt he'll meet our expectations.
                A resume for a pink slip

                Comment


                • Just an FYI but I was told today there will be 1 game played at a neutral site in Southern Maine. I do not know if it's regular season or exhibition but it will be a D1 program

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

                    Oh, I have no doubt he'll meet our expectations.
                    Obviously your, and others, expectations need to be raised then <g> . It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how this unfolds next spring in Cat-land.
                    Last edited by acs64; 06-29-2023, 05:57 PM.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

                    Comment


                    • All will be revealed tomorrow!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by grooverider View Post
                        Just an FYI but I was told today there will be 1 game played at a neutral site in Southern Maine. I do not know if it's regular season or exhibition but it will be a D1 program
                        Maine vs Boston University at the Travis Roy Arena at NYA. :-)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Obviously your, and others, expectations need to be raised then <g> . It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how this unfolds next spring in Cat-land.
                          Some of us were hoping to accelerate the situation into this Spring, but some short-sighted thinking determined that, hey, *** what's the hurry, can't you folks be patient enough to let his contract run out?

                          As if well-paid professional coaches around the world don't get bought out daily once they prove their incompetence ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

                          Comment


                          • Then again, you guys went through the same thing with Gendron (RIP) and he stayed around 'til his deal expired too.

                            Gotta love the real-world "bubble" that is modern-day academia ...
                             
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

                            Comment


                            • The 2023-24 roster has been posted on the Maine Hockey website (again). One notable omission is Artyom Duda. I guess there will be more to come on that.

                              https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster

                              Comment


                              • Schedule released: https://goblackbears.com/news/2023/6...-schedule.aspx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X