No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since it's sort of been brought up now.....I can't imagine we'll be seeing the Russian flag flying around Alfond.....or will we?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      The guy who thought it was a good idea to invade Ukraine
      That went completely over my head.

Comment

• I realize it was said in jest, but there are some people who would gladly sacrifice a few compliance rules for short-term program success. It's not a bargain worth making. Every time I walk into Alfond it still stings to see the plaque from my freshman year and know that officially our amazing season never happened.

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        Well since it's sort of been brought up now.....I can't imagine we'll be seeing the Russian flag flying around Alfond.....or will we?
        If there's a Russian on the team I expect the student section will find a way to recognize him, even if they can't use the flag of the Russian Federation.

Comment

• With the way the team is setting up, along with incoming recruits...they continue to work their tails off...goaltending coming out strong...this on paper will be a tough team to play night in and night out...

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            I realize it was said in jest, but there are some people who would gladly sacrifice a few compliance rules for short-term program success. It's not a bargain worth making. Every time I walk into Alfond it still stings to see the plaque from my freshman year and know that officially our amazing season never happened.
            Did it make it less exciting in the moment? That was a really fun year (until that game at the Providence Civic Center). I remember it fondly. The NCAA can say what it wants, but I watched Jean-Yves Roy stunt on some fools and had a great time.

To me, that argument is like the people who say making a Ghostbusters remake with a mostly female cast "ruins their childhood." Why? Did you have fun in the moment? Why does something that happens 30+ years later change that?

Comment

• rumor is duda was looked at by several HE teams and couldn't get him in. Jeff Tory ?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Did it make it less exciting in the moment? That was a really fun year (until that game at the Providence Civic Center). I remember it fondly. The NCAA can say what it wants, but I watched Jean-Yves Roy stunt on some fools and had a great time.

To me, that argument is like the people who say making a Ghostbusters remake with a mostly female cast "ruins their childhood." Why? Did you have fun in the moment? Why does something that happens 30+ years later change that?
                No, I still have my memories, but they're not the same. I don't have the perspective of a fan. I have always said, "I was only following orders," is a bad defense so it would be hypocritical for me to employ it now. Yeah, I had no idea I was breaking the rules, but ignorance of the law is no excuse either.

So yes, my memories are tainted. There were so many good times, but that doesn't outweigh the guilt I still feel. I'm sure it's different for fans.

Comment

• I'm puzzled by UNH's home schedule:

Tentative UNH home schedule:
                  10/13 - BU
                  10/20 - QPac
                  10/21 - QPac
                  10/26 - Northeastern???
                  10/28 - Dartmouth
                  11/3 - Providence
                  11/18 - Northeastern
                  1/5 - Princeton
                  1/6 - Princeton
                  1/20 - UConn
                  1/21 - UConn
                  2/2 - Northeastern
                  2/3 - Merrimack
                  2/16 - Maine
                  2/17 - Maine
                  2/24 - UMass
                  3/1 - BC
                  3/9 - UML

Maine just played 2 games down there last year..shouldn't they be at the Alfond this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    rumor is duda was looked at by several HE teams and couldn't get him in. Jeff Tory ?
                    If this is true, WHY would Maine or Duda himself think he could get in..? If he can't get in at other Programs then it makes no sense that Maine would attempt a move like that only to have their request denied. Sounds like or better yet smells like B.S.

Comment

• From the schedules thread..RPI will play Maine in Orono October 12th and 13th which is a Thursday/Friday..kind of an odd one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post

If this is true, WHY would Maine or Duda himself think he could get in..? If he can't get in at other Programs then it makes no sense that Maine would attempt a move like that only to have their request denied. Sounds like or better yet smells like B.S.
                        See my post a couple days ago. Serious Brian Yandle vibes.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by grooverider View Post
                          I'm puzzled by UNH's home schedule:

10/13 - BU
                          10/20 - QPac
                          10/21 - QPac
                          10/26 - Northeastern???
                          10/28 - Dartmouth
                          11/3 - Providence
                          11/18 - Northeastern
                          1/5 - Princeton
                          1/6 - Princeton
                          1/20 - UConn
                          1/21 - UConn
                          2/2 - Northeastern
                          2/3 - Merrimack
                          2/16 - Maine
                          2/17 - Maine
                          2/24 - UMass
                          3/1 - BC
                          3/9 - UML

Maine just played 2 games down there last year..shouldn't they be at the Alfond this year?
                          Maine likely is playing UNH three times this year.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

No, I still have my memories, but they're not the same. I don't have the perspective of a fan. I have always said, "I was only following orders," is a bad defense so it would be hypocritical for me to employ it now. Yeah, I had no idea I was breaking the rules, but ignorance of the law is no excuse either.

So yes, my memories are tainted. There were so many good times, but that doesn't outweigh the guilt I still feel. I'm sure it's different for fans.
                            Counterpoint, there is no "NCAA crime" anyone can commit for which they should feel guilt. This is an organization that has declared players ineligible for eating a cheeseburger but done literally nothing when programs cover-up rapes and murders. It exists solely to ensure that money and benefit funnel to coaches and administrators and not players.

The NCAA could take away the national titles and I wouldn't care. I was there. They happened. Having to remove a banner or edit a record book has no bearing whatsoever on that.

Comment

I'm puzzled by UNH's home schedule:

10/13 - BU
                              10/20 - QPac
                              10/21 - QPac
                              10/26 - Northeastern???
                              10/28 - Dartmouth
                              11/3 - Providence
                              11/18 - Northeastern
                              1/5 - Princeton
                              1/6 - Princeton
                              1/20 - UConn
                              1/21 - UConn
                              2/2 - Northeastern
                              2/3 - Merrimack
                              2/16 - Maine
                              2/17 - Maine
                              2/24 - UMass
                              3/1 - BC
                              3/9 - UML

That is Homecoming weekend...Might be a mistake on RPI's part with incorrect date...and then maybe not...but imo I think you'll see it be hockey Friday & Saturday and football Saturday 1pm/versus Long Island.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. The rotation should put the pair of games in Orono, and perhaps if UNH and Maine align as a pair of opponents for a third game then that single game would be in Durham.

Comment

Working...
                                X