No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walrus, thanks for posting the letter. Coach Barr is everything we could have hoped for in terms of returning Maine Hockey to relevancy. Even more importantly when you read that letter it speaks directly to how much he loves his players. Thus any recruit seeing this letter to the fans can feel great about their decision to choose U. Maine. He's definitely a coach you would want to play for!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      Walrus, thanks for posting the letter. Coach Barr is everything we could have hoped for in terms of returning Maine Hockey to relevancy. Even more importantly when you read that letter it speaks directly to how much he loves his players. Thus any recruit seeing this letter to the fans can feel great about their decision to choose U. Maine. He's definitely a coach you would want to play for!
      Agreed, that was authentic as I’ve seen and I believe that Barr is the one to bring us back to national relevancy. Next year will be a HUGE year for the boys in blue! Already can’t wait.

Comment

Impressive coach. He communicates very well and you know exactly what his expectations are.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Does Barr get Hockey East COTY, or does it go to Borek by a whisker?
          MC was picked to finish 8th, finished second, is deep in the playoffs, and has better than even odds on getting into the NCAA's. Borek is completely accountable for the roster having been there for 5 years. MC was able to put together a strong finish after a dreadful January that more often than not would dreail a season. There's also the matter of rallying the team past the tragic death of AC Josh Ciocco.

Brar coached his team to a 6th place finish and first round playoff exit. Sure, they got picked to finish last, big whoop. We all know the preseason poll is a joke and that's not enough to hang this hat on.

I kinda get the Pandolfo BU rump swabbery being a factor, but I'm genuinely curious why TF Brar is even in the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post

MC was picked to finish 8th, finished second, is deep in the playoffs, and has better than even odds on getting into the NCAA's. Borek is completely accountable for the roster having been there for 5 years. MC was able to put together a strong finish after a dreadful January that more often than not would dreail a season. There's also the matter of rallying the team past the tragic death of AC Josh Ciocco.

Brar coached his team to a 6th place finish and first round playoff exit. Sure, they got picked to finish last, big whoop. We all know the preseason poll is a joke and that's not enough to hang this hat on.

I kinda get the Pandolfo BU rump swabbery being a factor, but I'm genuinely curious why TF Brar is even in the conversation.
            I agree with you that Borek deserves to win but Barr certainly deserves to be in the conversation.

Not only was Maine picked last in the poll, they finished last the prior season. They won 7 games in 2021-2022 and won 15 in 2022-2023. Merrimack was a good team last year finishing 5th and having 19 wins. Currently they are at 22 and counting.

Since there are 3 nominations, Barr deserves to be one of them. Maine had 16 new players this season and still had themselves in the picture down the stretch. What Borek has done using the portal is pretty extraordinary, especially at a school that doesn't have a ton of hockey history. Merrimack has definitely found their guy and will be relevant as long as he's there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I agree with you that Borek deserves to win but Barr certainly deserves to be in the conversation.

Not only was Maine picked last in the poll, they finished last the prior season. They won 7 games in 2021-2022 and won 15 in 2022-2023. Merrimack was a good team last year finishing 5th and having 19 wins. Currently they are at 22 and counting.

Since there are 3 nominations, Barr deserves to be one of them. Maine had 16 new players this season and still had themselves in the picture down the stretch. What Borek has done using the portal is pretty extraordinary, especially at a school that doesn't have a ton of hockey history. Merrimack has definitely found their guy and will be relevant as long as he's there.
              I would agree with this in its entirety. Barr absolutely deserves to be a finalist, just as much as Borek absolutely deserves to be the winner. Doubling the win total and rising five spots in the standings is more than worthy of a finalist nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post

FYI: Ben Brar plays for Merrimack. Ben Barr coaches UMaine.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Jakub Sirota has signed a contract with AHL Iowa (Minnesota).

Comment

Victor Ostman confirmed to be returning to Maine next season per Chris Peters / FloHockey on Twitter. He'll look to sign after next year.

Comment

New commitment, Sully Scholle. Heisenberg has him down for 24, Elite Prospects has him coming this fall.

Here's a highlight reel: https://youtu.be/J3hu5nggGbk

Stats: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...e?sort-total=g

Additional Info: https://www.therinklive.com/junior-a...ico-ice-wolves
                      Last edited by Tango; 03-16-2023, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Highlight reel link not accurate. It leads to an ad for Saddleback Mountain. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwh9CNqNXM
                        Last edited by rw1733; 03-17-2023, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Went to the HE Semis tonight. BU/Providence felt like the Championship game. I left Lowell/Merrimack tied 1-1 after regulation….no way either of these teams are beating the Terriers. However I will give props to the Merrimack students (20 bus loads) and band (awesome…including live singers!)….they were loud and raucous.

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                            Highlight reel link not accurate. It leads to an ad for Saddleback Mountain. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwh9CNqNXM
                            Went to the HE Semis tonight. BU/Providence felt like the Championship game. I left Lowell/Merrimack tied 1-1 after regulation….no way either of these teams are beating the Terriers. However I will give props to the Merrimack students (20 bus loads) and band (awesome…including live singers!)….they were loud and raucous.

Comment

Comment

Wow. BCHL scoring leaders….Google it and then temper expectations. Ya, right. Lol.
                                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                                Just win.....

Comment

Working...
                                X