UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    Once he stops growing and adapts to his new changing strengths, he might surprise us. A young raw talent with good hands and size…6’4” at 18?

Agree based on the videos. For a kid his size, he can wheel, and like you say, looks to have good hands. Interesting pickup
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• RIT has released their schedule for 2023-24 and they play Maine @ Thompson Arena in Hanover, NH as part of the Dartmouth Ledyard Classic on Friday, 12/29/23. If this is correct, that would mean Maine would also play there the next day (Saturday, 12/30/23), playing either Dartmouth or Lake Superior State University.

Comment

• The Penticton Vees repeated as Fred Page Cup champions. Bradly Nadeau added another accolade as playoffs mvp. Final playoff stats.

Josh Nadeau 17 GP 16G 20A 36PTS
        Bradly Nadeau 17 GP 17G 18A 35PTS

Comment

• I hate to say the B word, but Maine just sewed-up the AE in baseball.

Top seed in the conference tournament, and projected to be in the Regional at Chestnut Hill.

Going to Binghamton next week. That's a AA park; it's pretty nice. Plenty of rooms within walking distance, as are bars and restaurants.

We're excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
            The Penticton Vees repeated as Fred Page Cup champions. Bradly Nadeau added another accolade as playoffs mvp. Final playoff stats.

Josh Nadeau 17 GP 16G 20A 36PTS
            Bradly Nadeau 17 GP 17G 18A 35PTS
            I’m thinking after the first semester those guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I believe it take few weeks to get used to size and speed, after that watch out.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• The 2023-24 roster has been posted on the Maine Hockey website.

https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens...roster/2023-24

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                The 2023-24 roster has been posted on the Maine Hockey website.

https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens...roster/2023-24
                Nice find. Biggest surprise to me is Berzins in already, Mucitelli gone after just one year. What a huge disappointment he was.

Comment

• I also just noticed that Maine does not have a Captain. Poisson, Breen, and Breazeale all will wear As, with nobody having the C.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    I also just noticed that Maine does not have a Captain. Poisson, Breen, and Breazeale all will wear As, with nobody having the C.
                    They might have done a save as of last year’s roster and left them as is.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Roster has been taken down.

Comment

• https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...2/andrew-kuzma

Maine picks up F Andrew Kuzma from Madison in the USHL. 6’0 198lbs had 17-20-37 in 50 games as a 17 year old. Looks like there is a Slovak connection as well (Cisar and Eperjesi already committed). Massive get for Maine. Would guess he spends one more year in USHL. Centered top line this past year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears91 View Post
                          https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...2/andrew-kuzma

Maine picks up F Andrew Kuzma from Madison in the USHL. 6’0 198lbs had 17-20-37 in 50 games as a 17 year old. Looks like there is a Slovak connection as well (Cisar and Eperjesi already committed). Massive get for Maine. Would guess he spends one more year in USHL. Centered top line this past year.
                          The recruiting has improved significantly in 2023 which has been a very pleasant surprise. I still think it could be a rough transition from Maine’s current core to some of the better players coming in down the road but hopefully once Maine gets past that the good times will be back again.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The recruiting has improved significantly in 2023 which has been a very pleasant surprise. I still think it could be a rough transition from Maine’s current core to some of the better players coming in down the road but hopefully once Maine gets past that the good times will be back again.
                            Dude I don’t understand this irrational fear you have that when Red’s last remaining guys (Breen, Ostman, Poisson, Houle, Renwick) leave that there is going to be this rough stretch of transition. Breen will definitely be a huge loss no doubt. But you are putting far too much stock into the rest. All good players. But there are 7 underclass men dmen on the current roster, 3 good goalie recruits lined up. Kuzma, Pichette, Peluso, Scholle, Cisar, Lambert, Somers, Raftery all coming in the next two years in addition to the Nadeaus, Calafiore, Pabich, Freel, Trudeau, Niemo all get older and better. Ben has long been a great recruiter and we shouldn’t be surprised that the next few classes will be solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears91 View Post

Dude I don’t understand this irrational fear you have that when Red’s last remaining guys (Breen, Ostman, Poisson, Houle, Renwick) leave that there is going to be this rough stretch of transition. Breen will definitely be a huge loss no doubt. But you are putting far too much stock into the rest. All good players. But there are 7 underclass men dmen on the current roster, 3 good goalie recruits lined up. Kuzma, Pichette, Peluso, Scholle, Cisar, Lambert, Somers, Raftery all coming in the next two years in addition to the Nadeaus, Calafiore, Pabich, Freel, Trudeau, Niemo all get older and better. Ben has long been a great recruiter and we shouldn’t be surprised that the next few classes will be solid.
                              I don’t think Drew is wrong in saying that there will be a transition following this season. However, the players that are lined up should make us feel very good.

My opinion is that this team is going to electric this year and should make the NCAA tournament. With success comes players leaving early. Renwick and Breazeale should be poised to breakout this year and they could potentially be really good pro players.

With Kuzma, Montgomery, Scholle and Cisar committing up front recently, there is potential for this team to reload rather than rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I don’t think Drew is wrong in saying that there will be a transition following this season. However, the players that are lined up should make us feel very good.

My opinion is that this team is going to electric this year and should make the NCAA tournament. With success comes players leaving early. Renwick and Breazeale should be poised to breakout this year and they could potentially be really good pro players.

With Kuzma, Montgomery, Scholle and Cisar committing up front recently, there is potential for this team to reload rather than rebuild.
                                Again, expecting there to be a “rough” transition as Drew said for losing Ostman, Poisson, Houle is just way too strong. Breen-yes. I love Breen, he’s a gamer and a ballsy player and I hope he gets the ‘C’. But between only having 1 upperclassman on D and a very good goaltending pipeline (with a top tier goaltending coach), and no real lags in Ben’s first 4-5 classes (as it appears on paper as of now)-I just don’t see this program hitting a snag in years 4 and 5 because of Red’s remaining guys cycling out. We will see how Ben’s recruits and transfer look on the ice in the fall but I don’t see any reason to be worried at this point. Subject to change.

Comment

Working...
                                X