UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Also a great point, despite me never mentioning either of those schools.

Unlike Drew, I have faith in Ben Barr and believe him to be The Guy, and I don't think he'll be jumping at any job openings any time soon.
    I wouldn’t say I don’t have faith in Barr as much as we haven’t really seen him bring in much for talent up front so far in his time at Maine.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I wouldn’t say I don’t have faith in Barr as much as we haven’t really seen him bring in much for talent up front so far in his time at Maine.
      Again, he has had one recruiting class thrown together in 1 year that has played.

Comment

Looks like some one thinks you should see some talent up front this coming season. We shall see next winter.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears91 View Post

Again, he has had one recruiting class thrown together in 1 year that has played.
          The counter to that is he hasn’t had trouble bringing in decent defensemen. There is a huge gulf right now between the quality of the defensemen he has brought in and the quality of the forwards.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Poor Drew and Wally...neither can live with any sort of positivity around this program.

Drew bashes Maine's ranking then proceeds to tell us how good BC and BU recruits are.....pfft.

Wally says someone at Neutral Zone is a "homer" despite Maine not showing up at the top of these rankings in literally decades.

I hope that Barr goes 41-1-2 this season....just so I can throw it in their face.
            You take this **** kind of personally, don’t you? I hope the team goes 41-1-2 next season. But I don’t put much faith in some website ranking recruiting classes.Maybe you can go back and tell us how the website did in their recruit rankings over the last few years?
            Last edited by walrus; 04-22-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

The counter to that is he hasn’t had trouble bringing in decent defensemen. There is a huge gulf right now between the quality of the defensemen he has brought in and the quality of the forwards.
              Last year's freshman forwards were Trudeau (a Red commit), KO, Pabich, Lindauer, Freel and Carney. Freel and Carney were walk ons. Pabich and Lindauer were bottom 6 projects. Trudeau and KO were probably expected to contribute to the top 6 over time. I think both will in time, just not at Maine for KO. No superstars, but it's hard to recruit superstars to a program with Maine's recent record. The Freshman D were Kincaid (a Red commit), Holt, Arnott and Antonacci. The last 3, all small, mobile D. But I don't think there's any superstars there either. The Nadeaus and Hopkins should be a step up in both areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

You take this **** kind of personally, don’t you? I hope the team goes 41-1-2 next season. But I don’t put much faith in some website ranking recruiting classes.Maybe you can go back and tell us how the website did in their recruit rankings over the last few years?
                So are you saying that they get it wrong when they rank the BUs, Minnesotas and Michigans of the world at the top? They've ranked Maine's classes pretty poorly over the past decade....and their record has born that out. Listen I get it....you play the part of the Debbie Downer Mainer perfectly...it's part of your schtick. Just like Drew is the perfect UM hockey foil....he loves playing the role of "that guy".

Comment

• I think Freel and Carney are good, and to know they were walk on's is impressive. In the new portal world all teams and top teams have walk ons that will be top players over the last 2 years of their career

Comment

• I did what research I wanted to (not a lot) but this incoming class looks pretty good to me. Certainly far better than what Maine has recently had.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm getting a little bit excited about next season.

Comment

• Thomas Weis has switched commitment to Ohio State. Has not played a ton of games this year so I am not totally shocked to see Maine part ways. Very interesting that he was picked up by Ohio State. I would hope this means either Pichette and/or Lambert are coming to Orono this fall.

Comment

• I wonder if Weis knew he was going to be the odd man out or have less play time. With the twitter posts about the upgraded scoreboards and sound system, and the fact they released the season ticket list 2 months before they released any information last year has the tea leaves leaning to they think it could be a big year.

Comment

• With the forwards leaving (KO, DH, JM, MF) and the ones confirmed coming in (JN, BN, AC, NN, HS), the black bears start with the same number of forwards as last year (Grant Hebert left at Christmas). I'm not sure you will see any more forwards. There are only 5 returning D. Have they confirmed who is coming in there?

Comment

• Originally posted by OronoKO View Post
                            With the forwards leaving (KO, DH, JM, MF) and the ones confirmed coming in (JN, BN, AC, NN, HS), the black bears start with the same number of forwards as last year (Grant Hebert left at Christmas). I'm not sure you will see any more forwards. There are only 5 returning D. Have they confirmed who is coming in there?
                            I haven’t looked back but I believe there are 3 who have signed NLIs. Ryan Hopkins, Bodie Nobes and Liam Lesakowski. To me, Hopkins and Nobes are plug and play guys. Lesakowski is the wild card but he’s a big kid and is described as a “high level athlete” so sounds like there is potential there. Also, he’s a left handed shot which is where the need is.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nadeauplygtx68/s...f-a-dWTqfk_wiw

First of several pieces of hardware to collect…
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• People are *****ing about small increase in season ticket pricing. Anyone remember when season ticket renewal came out this early?

Comment

Working...
                                X