No announcement yet.

UMaine Offseason...Belly Up to the Barr Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw on the schedules thread that Maine is potentially playing at Union.

So far that would be make us away at Quinnipiac and Union and I would assume Colgate is coming up to Orono for a series. Also I’d think we’d be hosting Bentley.

Hopefully a little less heavy on the Atlantic Hockey opponents this year. The margin for error really shrinks and if we have a shot at the tournament we can’t afford to drop those games.

Comment

• Bradley Nadeau places at #17 on the NHL Central Scouting list for North American skaters in the final rankings leading into the 2023 draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
        Saw on the schedules thread that Maine is potentially playing at Union.

So far that would be make us away at Quinnipiac and Union and I would assume Colgate is coming up to Orono for a series. Also I’d think we’d be hosting Bentley.

Hopefully a little less heavy on the Atlantic Hockey opponents this year. The margin for error really shrinks and if we have a shot at the tournament we can’t afford to drop those games.
        Interesting that North Dakota already has most of their schedule on their website.

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/men...hedule/2023-24

Maine must pretty much know their Hockey East schedule for next year already, should be mostly the opposite of this year.

Comment

• Colgate opening is an interesting one. I don’t think Barr would want to take it but having three young kids makes it tough to turn down if they offer to double your salary.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Colgate opening is an interesting one. I don’t think Barr would want to take it but having three young kids makes it tough to turn down if they offer to double your salary.
            Are you for real?

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Are you for real?
              Vaughan announced his retirement this afternoon https://romesentinel.com/stories/end...retires,176424

Comment

Colgate opening is an interesting one. I don’t think Barr would want to take it but having three young kids makes it tough to turn down if they offer to double your salary.
                Good troll attempt Drew. Lol
                You forgot to add how Barrs wife is from Albany.

Comment

• Drew is losing his trolling ability.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I bet you were that kid who loved to play with matches…
                    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                    Just win.....

Comment

Saw on the schedules thread that Maine is potentially playing at Union.
                      If so, you all need to rent a bus and go.

Achilles is a true pit with great sight-lines. Capacity is only around 2K, but the Union fans are rabid.

Truly a college hockey destination.

And I'm buying.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-19-2023, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Achilles is a true pit with great sight-lines. Capacity is only around 2K, but the Union fans are rabid.

And I'm buying.
                        I’ll be heading to Union if they’re playing there. I checked out a few of their games on ESPN+ this year and it looked awesome. Also want to get to Quinnipiac since I’ve never been there.

I’ve turned getting to new rinks a bit of a hobby the past few years. Always fun to check out the way other schools do things. Down to my last couple hockey east schools (BC, Northeastern and the new UConn rink)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

And I'm buying.
                          I went to a game there back in the Timmy days and it’s def worth the trip.

Comment

I’ll be heading to Union if they’re playing there. I checked out a few of their games on ESPN+ this year and it looked awesome. Also want to get to Quinnipiac since I’ve never been there.

I’ve turned getting to new rinks a bit of a hobby the past few years. Always fun to check out the way other schools do things. Down to my last couple hockey east schools (BC, Northeastern and the new UConn rink)
                            The smaller and less generic rinks are much more fun to visit, too.

Schenectady isn't quite the hole it used to be, either. One has a reasonable chance of surviving dinner there, or, at least, sustaining no worse than a minor gunshot wound after 6 PM.

(Kidding, mostly... But if Maine is there, we're going, for sure.)

Comment

• Maine’s incoming recruiting class rated #1?
                              Neutralzone.net supposedly says that,
                              but I don’t “subscribe”. Maine Hockey tweeted it out this morning.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                Maine’s incoming recruiting class rated #1?
                                Neutralzone.net supposedly says that,
                                but I don’t “subscribe”. Maine Hockey tweeted it out this morning.
                                My guess is that if you filter the classes a certain way you can get that result. BC has a great class coming and BU has a kid that could be a top three pick in next year’s draft. I’m sure some of the western schools have good classes as well.

Hopefully some of the kids other than the Nadeaus and Hopkins can be productive.

Comment

Working...
                                X