RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Nice catch! Wonder if he ever caught a puck..?
    Not to my knowledge. Kurt caught one up in the catwalk years ago. Maybe Jayson. I caught one right in the side of the neck when I was 16. Lady didn’t even give it to me either, b***
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

Not to my knowledge. Kurt caught one up in the catwalk years ago. Maybe Jayson. I caught one right in the side of the neck when I was 16. Lady didn’t even give it to me either, b***
      I guess you need one more * in your post. In my experience, getting hit or trying to catch a puck flying off the ice is much more difficult and dangerous than catching a foul ball at the baseball park. Back in the 1980'a I had to close a wound on the head of a child who got clocked with a puck that came off the stick of Bruce Coles and flew over the glass and up a couple rows into the stands. A baseball does not have the sharp edges of a puck. Sure you can get injured being hit by a ball but usually you are far enough off the field that the speed has slowed considerably before it hits you. It is for good reason they installed the netting around the rinks.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Perry Laskaris catches a foul ball.
        https://twitter.com/PerryLaskaris/st...63696785530880
        With a St. Paul Saints hat on!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I guess you need one more * in your post. In my experience, getting hit or trying to catch a puck flying off the ice is much more difficult and dangerous than catching a foul ball at the baseball park. Back in the 1980'a I had to close a wound on the head of a child who got clocked with a puck that came off the stick of Bruce Coles and flew over the glass and up a couple rows into the stands. A baseball does not have the sharp edges of a puck. Sure you can get injured being hit by a ball but usually you are far enough off the field that the speed has slowed considerably before it hits you. It is for good reason they installed the netting around the rinks.
          Years ago, I got hit with a puck down in Baker Rink of all places. Was up in the balcony in the front row and during warmups a puck got deflected by either the goaltender or one of the defensemen and caught me right in the chest. Had a black and blue mark there for about a week afterwards. That’s what I get for not paying attention…
          and unlike Jericho I kept the puck.

Comment

• Today is 26 May 2023. There are 134 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• schedule announcement dates. X's signify those which have already passed.

06/14/22
              05/14/21 x
              2020 still waiting ;-)
              07/09/19
              06/11/18
              06/15/17
              05/19/16 x
              05/13/15 x
              04/22/14 x
              06/20/13
              06/25/12
              07/06/11
              06/17/10
              07/08/09
              06/18/08
              05/31/07
              05/23/06 x
              05/13/05 x
              04/07/04 x
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I know this should really go on our recruits page but...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5fuuZbhUfiE

Let's get him a math tutor now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  I know this should really go on our recruits page but...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5fuuZbhUfiE

Let's get him a math tutor now.

he already committed to Minnesota

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Years ago, I got hit with a puck down in Baker Rink of all places. Was up in the balcony in the front row and during warmups a puck got deflected by either the goaltender or one of the defensemen and caught me right in the chest. Had a black and blue mark there for about a week afterwards. That’s what I get for not paying attention…
                    and unlike Jericho I kept the puck.
                    In the old days that upper deck was about as dangerous as a mine field. Pucks got deflected up there with real force and there was no glass or protection of any kind for them to bounce off. The absolute worst time was in warm up as they would be shooting 2-4 pucks at a time at it was near impossible to follow them all. Who would think that something made of rubber could do so much damage? Then you realize they have sharp circular edges and are usually frozen solid and you can appreciate the damage an 80+ mph missile like that can do!!!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Slappaah, you and your family have been RPI fans for a long time. What it takes to win? Most importantly, commitment from the top and resources for the student athletes, which RPI is 0 for 2.
                      Heck, look at the floor at Houston Field House for example. However, I deeply admire a loyal fan that continues to dream.
                      Due to my distance from Troy, I haven't seen a game at the Field House since the playoff series against Brown in 2013.

What would I see if I looked at the floor at the Field House?

Comment

• Today is 27 May 2023. There are 133 days (19 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Due to my distance from Troy, I haven't seen a game at the Field House since the playoff series against Brown in 2013.

What would I see if I looked at the floor at the Field House?
                          I was not the only one who wondered. My guess was a lot of hardened gum was stuck on the floor.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 28 May 2023. There are 132 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Looks like head equipment manager for men’s hockey is posted on job openings on rpi website. Dana McGuane left or retired?
                              Also event manager is posted specifically for Houston field house. Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                                Looks like head equipment manager for men’s hockey is posted on job openings on rpi website. Dana McGuane left or retired?
                                Also event manager is posted specifically for Houston field house. Interesting
                                He moved on, quietly, on his own accord before the end of last season. Dana’s young assistant, Evan Ryan, is no longer there either as he is leaving to become an ECAC referee. I was the announcer at CBA when Evan played there. He’ll be a great asset to the league. The event manager is probably Norris Pearson’s job, who is now the CEO of the Rensselaer County Chamber of Commerce.

Comment

Working...
                                X