X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

Kevin Beattie.
    He would be a great choice.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-23-2023, 04:32 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

He would be a great choice.
      Kevin has certainly been a good soldier ...but its anyone's guess what Marty plans for the search.

One wild card I'd throw out is BU's Drew Marrachello who folks may not know, married and raised his kids locally. He was AD at HVCC before joining BU and he coached football at RPI years ago. Obviously it's not as glamorous a job as BU, but If he had any interest in getting back home at this stage of his career, then Marty needs to give him a call ! That's my shoot from the hip candidate !! HA HA
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Appert leading his Amerks into the AHL Eastern Conference finals tonight vs. Hershey. Great to see him having another deep run with the squad. Rochester adds 1st round pick Matt Savoie to the lineup following his WHL season.

https://dailygazette.com/2023/05/22/...XZ-zlUFfDXA6sQ
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Appert leading his Amerks into the AHL Eastern Conference finals tonight vs. Hershey. Great to see him having another deep run with the squad. Rochester adds 1st round pick Matt Savoie to the lineup following his WHL season.

https://dailygazette.com/2023/05/22/...XZ-zlUFfDXA6sQ
          Zach Metsa from QPac is also up with the Amerks for the playoffs after signing.

Comment

Kevin has certainly been a good soldier ...but its anyone's guess what Marty plans for the search.

One wild card I'd throw out is BU's Drew Marrachello who folks may not know, married and raised his kids locally. He was AD at HVCC before joining BU and he coached football at RPI years ago. Obviously it's not as glamorous a job as BU, but If he had any interest in getting back home at this stage of his career, then Marty needs to give him a call ! That's my shoot from the hip candidate !! HA HA
            Interesting possibility, but his bio says he's a native of Arlington, MA (less than 10 miles from BU) so that job may have been his chance to return home. My guess is that Dr. Schmidt is going to be looking for someone that knows how to raise funds because it's definitely time either for a new arena or another major renovation of HFH (probably more like the '82 renovation than the less ambitious one during the ECAV era).

In either case best wishes to Dr. McElroy in retirement. This played out pretty much as I expected. I figured they'd cut a deal that he'd stay on for a year after Shirley's departure by which time the new guy would have figured out what he wanted to do with athletics. Let's hope it's a good plan.

Comment

• Today is 24 May 2023. There are 136 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Interesting possibility, but his bio says he's a native of Arlington, MA (less than 10 miles from BU) so that job may have been his chance to return home. My guess is that Dr. Schmidt is going to be looking for someone that knows how to raise funds because it's definitely time either for a new arena or another major renovation of HFH (probably more like the '82 renovation than the less ambitious one during the ECAV era).

In either case best wishes to Dr. McElroy in retirement. This played out pretty much as I expected. I figured they'd cut a deal that he'd stay on for a year after Shirley's departure by which time the new guy would have figured out what he wanted to do with athletics. Let's hope it's a good plan.
                Its a total wild--- guess on my part. But if RPI is serious about restoring the hockey program, he'd be my first call. He's done a ton at BU including overseeing the hiring of guys named Quinn and Pandalfo, helping create Frozen Fenway, etc. etc. RPI could afford him -- if the desire was there to elevate BOTH ice hockey programs. Lest we forget, the women's team has been scraping bottom in the ECAC the last few seasons, despite having some VERY good talented ladies on the squad. They need new blood at the helm I'm afraid.

This is a guy who knows what it takes to engage alumni, fans and corporate sponsors...gotta at least pick up the phone and the question !

Comment

Its a total wild--- guess on my part. But if RPI is serious about restoring the hockey program, he'd be my first call. He's done a ton at BU including overseeing the hiring of guys named Quinn and Pandalfo, helping create Frozen Fenway, etc. etc. RPI could afford him -- if the desire was there to elevate BOTH ice hockey programs. Lest we forget, the women's team has been scraping bottom in the ECAC the last few seasons, despite having some VERY good talented ladies on the squad. They need new blood at the helm I'm afraid.

This is a guy who knows what it takes to engage alumni, fans and corporate sponsors...gotta at least pick up the phone and the question !
                  Slappaah, you and your family have been RPI fans for a long time. What it takes to win? Most importantly, commitment from the top and resources for the student athletes, which RPI is 0 for 2.
                  Heck, look at the floor at Houston Field House for example. However, I deeply admire a loyal fan that continues to dream.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Slappaah, you and your family have been RPI fans for a long time. What it takes to win? Most importantly, commitment from the top and resources for the student athletes, which RPI is 0 for 2.
                    Heck, look at the floor at Houston Field House for example. However, I deeply admire a loyal fan that continues to dream.
                    I think both of those are coming in time based on things Marty has said. I hope they are at least!

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Cannot disagree with any of this. I can only draw glimmer of hope from folks I know who have interacted with the new Prez ---- and each have separately related that he "gets it".... I actually had a conversation just the other day with some one who's a major backer of the school and the hockey team.

Of course only time will tell. This isn't rocket science we're talking about -- but you said it, it's only be possible with a commitment from the top and resources to back it up.
                      That's really why the next AD hire will be pivotal in determining which path both the men's and women's programs take. This person will be charged with leading the future vision. I've long ago given up on expectations...but I can dream ! HA HA

Comment

• Today is 25 May 2023. There are 135 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, he must have been an AC at RPI. See https://sports-chronicles.com/rpif/pages/head_coaches.

I have a hard time believing a successful D-I Athletic Director would want to go to a D-III school. One who has baggage -- yes.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Perry Laskaris catches a foul ball.
                            https://twitter.com/PerryLaskaris/st...63696785530880
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Perry Laskaris catches a foul ball.
                              Nice catch! Wonder if he ever caught a puck..?

Comment

Perry Laskaris catches a foul ball.
                                He gave it to a kid in classic HFH fashion

Comment

Working...
                                X