RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Actually we stumbled into the off-season.

Today is 4 March 2023. There are 217 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

Previous thread
    https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...t-and-the-fans

I was tempted to use for the title:
    RPI 2023 Off-season: A Summer of Beating the Cross of Canton to Death

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

In twelve days, the conference semifinal appearance drought will be old enough to drink.
    Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

LMAO, I didn't even get home from the game and Ralph had this thread going.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Wow. Another 20 loss season and tonight’s game was one of the worst games that I saw at HFH all season. We probably wouldn’t have beaten Harvard twice anyway, so maybe it’s better to get the off-season underway. BTW, this isn’t the first time we used the March 4th date in the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Wow. Another 20 loss season and tonight’s game was one of the worst games that I saw at HFH all season. We probably wouldn’t have beaten Harvard twice anyway, so maybe it’s better to get the off-season underway. BTW, this isn’t the first time we used the March 4th date in the thread title.
          Are you saying that i should have used the Cross of Canton? :-)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Clearly we made the right decision going to the Bruins-Rangers game. The Bruins are a machine with amazing goaltending. My take on the season is an inconsistent team with overrated goaltending. Not sure what will change to help us. I will be satisfied with simply improvement. Climb a spit or two in the standings. I have no illusion we will make Lake Placid next year based on what I see now.

I know the thread title has been decided. Before yesterday, I tried to come up with something and couldn’t really get inspired. But with the dismal finish and wondering what the team would look like next fall, I came up with one. My apologies to the group the Happenings. Here goes : “Will We See You In September Or Lose You To The Transfer Portal”

Comment

The lack of roster turnover should help a lot next season. The 18-19 team scored 1.9 goals per game, returned pretty much everyone except for Hayhurst, and then went on their run in 19-20. This year's team was at 2.4 goals per game. We'll have to wait and see who exactly is returning first

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Are you saying that i should have used the Cross of Canton? :-)
                Maybe we can dump the Mayor’s Cup for the Cross of Canton and play the game against SLU in Glens Falls.

Hey 25+ Years, where did you go for dinner in the North End?

Comment

https://open.substack.com/pub/thefie...utm_medium=web

Wrote up a short offseason to-do list. I think this pretty much covers it despite it being a short list. Most of the roster is coming back and there's not many open spots

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    https://open.substack.com/pub/thefie...utm_medium=web

Wrote up a short offseason to-do list. I think this pretty much covers it despite it being a short list. Most of the roster is coming back and there's not many open spots
                    Thanks for this. I think the honored seniors are all probably moving on from RPI, unfortunately. I have no inside information, just my personal opinion. They deserve our thanks for hanging in there and I wish them all the best in their future endeavors if they decide to move on.

I think injuries played a part as well this year and held some guys back. If we can get better luck on that front next season, I think the prognosis for improvement is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

Thanks for this. I think the honored seniors are all probably moving on from RPI, unfortunately. I have no inside information, just my personal opinion.
                      I tend to agree, but I have two questions:
                      1) Does anyone remember if Kyle Hallbauer went through the Senior Night ceremonies last year. I think he did but I'm not certain. If he did I'd be more optimistic that attending is not a final indicator of a player's plans.
                      2) Dan Bahl said something interesting at the end of Saturday's game. I don't remember it precisely but speaking about next season it was on the order of "We had Senior Night last week but you never know with the graduate year how rosters might look." Was that just a gratuitous comment or might he know something? Mahshie coming back would make me ecstatic, but I'd also be happy with Klee or Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

1) Does anyone remember if Kyle Hallbauer went through the Senior Night ceremonies last year. I think he did but I'm not certain. If he did I'd be more optimistic that attending is not a final indicator of a player's plans.
                        2) Dan Bahl said something interesting at the end of Saturday's game. I don't remember it precisely but speaking about next season it was on the order of "We had Senior Night last week but you never know with the graduate year how rosters might look." Was that just a gratuitous comment or might he know something? Mahshie coming back would make me ecstatic, but I'd also be happy with Klee or Walsh.
                        I went back to RPI tv and he did participate last year. I also know that he knew before then that he was coming back, so I agree that attending is not a final indicator. It's just worth noting that Budy didn't attend and all the others did

Comment

I would love to see Mashie and Klee back next season. Budy was a big disappointment (JMO).
                          We have a couple of talented freshmen in Smolinski and Muzzatti.
                          I also think the Ardanaz has great upside potential.
                          Evans also looked good at times and could improve next season.
                          Watson needs to be more consistent next season. Cherepak looked good in the games he played. He should improve in his sophomore season.
                          Now if we can find someone who can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis, we just might be able to get into the top four teams in the ECAC.
                          All the best to the players who have played their last game for RPI.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            Wow. Another 20 loss season
                            That's four of the last five seasons with 20+ losses. Troubling on its face but especially in light of the fact that our Out of Conference schedule is not very challenging.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Smith made a similar comment on his last appearance on his weekly radio spot in 104.5. I'm paraphrasing and without going back to listen it was something to the effect that: " ...We have XX number of seniors we'll be honoring this weekend......for their RPI careers ...whether this is their final RPI season or not..."

This is the new reality in D1 sports...coaches are never going to know what the following year's roster will look like ...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X