Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. The sarcasm meter is off for everyone. Obvious sarcasm is obvious
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

If someone thinks I was trying to be sarcastic, I really wasn't. I was just trying to see if someone remembered something the way I did.

A check of the results of games RPI played at Colgate during Salfi's tenure indicates my memory must have been faulty. None of the games at Colgate followed a weekend in which RPI didn't play a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        If someone thinks I was trying to be sarcastic, I really wasn't. I was just trying to see if someone remembered something the way I did.

A check of the results of games RPI played at Colgate during Salfi's tenure indicates my memory must have been faulty. None of the games at Colgate followed a weekend in which RPI didn't play a game.
        I think the sarcasm comment was referring to the earlier discussion of a Mercyhurst player.

Comment

Today is 15 March 2023. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            Wow. The sarcasm meter is off for everyone. Obvious sarcasm is obvious
            I certainly thought that you were being sarcastic, but one can never be certain. Isn't that why emojis were invented?

And BTW, you did not respond to my sarcastic post on Handyman's birthday thread. ;-p
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-15-2023, 01:33 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I think the sarcasm comment was referring to the earlier discussion of a Mercyhurst player.
              This thread is only fun when there are about 50% sarcastic postings. But obviously having a sense of humor about anything these days is just a bit more rare.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Link to Smitty's season wrap-up appearance on Wyland's radio show.
                https://1045theteam.com/hear-our-fin...is-dave-smith/

No breaking news really:

-He prefers a 3 game 1st round series
                -Portal moves continues...end of season player sit downs are ongoing....did not mention names but said one other semi-unexpected player may exit Troy
                -RPI is looking for defensemen, and others
                -Transfer portal adjustment continues -- you're not only scouting Jr. kids., but also D1 kids who may be a fit
                -He has been on the road recruiting
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

This thread is only fun when there are about 50% sarcastic postings. But obviously having a sense of humor about anything these days is just a bit more rare.
                  I think many were unaware of the player’s recruiting history with RPI. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it’s the reason why the joke didn’t land, and not because this is a humorless bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mahshie and Walsh in the transfer portal

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I think many were unaware of the player’s recruiting history with RPI. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it’s the reason why the joke didn’t land, and not because this is a humorless bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      You have it spot on. This has become a far less humorous bunch. Could blame it on the pandemic or perhaps the long recent history of losing seasons. In any case, anhedonia is actually one of the classic 5 A's of schizophrenia.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        Not good. The hits just keep on coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          Not surprising.
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

Not surprising.
                            Agreed, and sezenack essentially predicted that both would enter the portal in his season wrap-up.

Comment

• I hoped it wouldn't happen because it hurts us for the coming year, but I don't see the departure of graduate transfers as a negative indicator for the program as a whole. I loved RPI but I went to a different school for my grad degree and I can see how graduating closes one chapter in a player's life and make him want to look at a different opportunity. Just like last season when I was most concerned by the departures of Kjellberg and Dubinsky, the biggest red flag to me will be if we develop a pattern of transfers with undergraduate eligibility.

Comment

• Today is 16 March 2023. There are 205 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X