RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    I have 2 FF tickets for each night in Tampa (Section 314 row B seats 8,9) just looking to break even ($55/ seat/night). You’d sit next to fellow Engineer fans !
    You can also try posting here https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/com...ets-and-events.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      Former recruit Hunter McDonald was selected the top defensive defenseman in HE. Pretty impressive for a freshman. We have certainly gotten “commitments” from some very talented players that never made it to Troy.
      Sad but true enough...and you need look no further than his teammate Gunnar Fontaine for further evidence....he's 10-20-30 on the year.
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-13-2023, 07:10 AM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

30 Years ago today the Capital District had a major snowstorm with 26 inches of snow and heavy winds. What does this have to do with RPI hockey? Well, they were supposed to play Colgate that night in an ECAC playoff series game #2. For the one time that I can remember, the game was postponed. The series ended up going three games (naturally) and game #3 ended up being played on a Monday night. FYI, the Engineers did win that series and had to play 4 days later in Lake Placid where they ran out of gas and was eliminated. For those who are not in the area now, they’re forecasting a big snowstorm tomorrow. Not gonna be 26 inches, but maybe half of that.
        Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 03-13-2023, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe RPI should take a look at that Bendorf kid from Mercyhurst
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 14 March 2023 (Pi Day). There are 207 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-14-2023, 12:33 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              30 Years ago today the Capital District had a major snowstorm with 26 inches of snow and heavy winds. What does this have to do with RPI hockey? Well, they were supposed to play Colgate that night in an ECAC playoff series game #2. For the one time that I can remember, the game was postponed. The series ended up going three games (naturally) and game #3 ended up being played on a Monday night. FYI, the Engineers did win that series and had to play 4 days later in Lake Placid where they ran out of gas and was eliminated. For those who are not in the area now, they’re forecasting a big snowstorm tomorrow. Not gonna be 26 inches, but maybe half of that.
              Jen and i were there for game one! Drove up to the Adirondacks that night and stayed at our home. We got over 103 inches in a two day span up there and were not able to get back to Troy for the next game. Our neighbor used his John Deere to truck the snow out of our driveway. We did attend the Monday game and drove home to NJ after . Much of NJ was also buried but down by the Jersey Shore we got just rain and not even a single flake.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Maybe RPI should take a look at that Bendorf kid from Mercyhurst
                We saw him years ago playing down here in NJ. Seemed like he would have fit in well in Troy then. Very strong on his skates.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Bendorf was an Appert recruit who wasn't kept by Smith. I wouldn't think that Smith would be interested now, but stranger things have happened.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    If I remember correctly, Bendorf was an Appert recruit who wasn't kept by Smith. I wouldn't think that Smith would be interested now, but stranger things have happened.
                    If that is the case, why would Bendorf be interested? Sounds like a real intelligent move to me. Leave a coach who wanted you transferring to a coach who didn't want you? Really? The guy they should go after is Liam Gorman at Princeton.
                    Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 03-14-2023, 08:08 AM.
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post

If that is the case, why would Bendorf be interested? Sounds like a real intelligent move to me. Leave a coach who wanted you transferring to a coach who didn't want you? Really? The guy they should go after is Liam Gorman at Princeton.
                      I am sure that you are correct. Jericho was almost certainly kidding, but maybe he knows that Bendorf wants the Cross of Canton. ;-)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bendorf isn't good. I agree they should look at Gorman

Comment

Bendorf is slower then molasses. He would have zero impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                            Bendorf is slower then molasses. He would have zero impact.
                            Perhaps - he was never very quick but his totals for his tenure at Mercyhurst shows the following Games -goals - assists-points. With our lack of offense, anyone who adds those numbers might help some at least.
                            115 24 33 57

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              Bendorf isn't good. I agree they should look at Gorman
                              I have seen Gorman in 2 games I think. He had a decent season this past year but not much to show before that. At this stage i would take anyone who adds some scoring to our goal challenged squad.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Maybe somebody else remembers this.

I have a hazy recollection that there was a time during Jim Salfi's tenure when there were back-to-back snowstorms on consecutive weekends.

The first weekend, RPI was scheduled to play a road game in Boston. I forget who the scheduled opponent was, but it shaped up as a tough matchup. The game was cancelled on account of the adverse travel conditions. RPI fans were not terribly disappointed.

The next weekend, RPI was scheduled to play a road game at Colgate, which looked to be an easy win, since Colgate was having a down year.

The coach managed to scrape together some sort of transportation (dogsleds, maybe?) and RPI made it to Hamilton for the game.

And lost to the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X