Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So I think I chose the wrong time to camp in the woods in Maine...

    For the Q&A, I think a lot of you have the wrong idea here. The fans in attendance are the ones asking the questions. Brendan and I will simply be picking questions from the chat to ask Coach Smith. I'll post the registration link here once I set it up, but I hope you all attend!

    Comment


    • As for keeping seniors for 5th years, I am not expecting many to stay because I don't think we'll have the room. We have lots of recruits slated for 2024, especially at forward. Probably only going to be able to bring back a couple at both forward and defense.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        So I think I chose the wrong time to camp in the woods in Maine...

        For the Q&A, I think a lot of you have the wrong idea here. The fans in attendance are the ones asking the questions. Brendan and I will simply be picking questions from the chat to ask Coach Smith. I'll post the registration link here once I set it up, but I hope you all attend!
        https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/regi...Qv2YcVytOYSCiA

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          As for keeping seniors for 5th years, I am not expecting many to stay because I don't think we'll have the room. We have lots of recruits slated for 2024, especially at forward. Probably only going to be able to bring back a couple at both forward and defense.
          I'm sure you are right, but 2-4 returning would help greatly. It's virtually impossible to lose 13 guys and expect a 3 man junior class (with one being our goalie and another just entering as a junior transfer) to step into such a massive experience and leadership vacuum. In fact, if he's got a leader's personality - and I'll state up front I don't know any of these guys so I'm just extrapolating from my perception of them on the ice - it wouldn't surprise me to see Nick Strom get an 'A' this year in preparation for that eventuality.
          Last edited by rpi82; 08-12-2023, 09:27 PM.

          Comment


          • Today is 13 August 2023. There are 55 days until RPI's next game.


            This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.



            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
              As for keeping seniors for 5th years, I am not expecting many to stay because I don't think we'll have the room. We have lots of recruits slated for 2024, especially at forward. Probably only going to be able to bring back a couple at both forward and defense.
              It would not surprise me if some of the recruits we are expecting are deferred. It happens every year. Only Babich and Bourgault must come.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

                It would not surprise me if some of the recruits we are expecting are deferred. It happens every year. Only Babich and Bourgault must come.
                Sacred Heart had virtually the same situation last season. They had 13 seniors and grads along with a 4 man junior class. They brought in 5 freshmen and 8 transfers, including 4 from HE, two from the ECAC (one being TJ Walsh) and one each from Ohio State and ASU. They appear to be leveraging their new rink while they can to create a series of very experienced, non-typical Atlantic Hockey rosters.

                Our solution will undoubtedly be different. According to Ralph's best guess recruit list we may have 11 potentially scheduled to come in. An ideal scenario might be 9 or 10 freshmen combined with 3 or 4 seniors returning as grads (or grad transfers).

                Comment


                • Today is 14 August 2023. There are 54 days until RPI's next game.


                  This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.



                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Today is 15 August 2023. There are 53 days until RPI's next game.


                    This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.



                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Can't make it tonight but would love to hear what is on Smith's "needs and wants" list in terms of facilities/player supports and how fans can contribute. Separately, we probably need to try and revive/create a booster club.

                      Comment


                      • Season ticket brochure: https://rpiathletics.com/documents/2...3-24-FINAL.pdf

                        Edit: I noticed that the women's schedule is included on the form this year. First time that I recall. RPI always gave a free pass to women's games for a season ticket holder, but I think it's a good idea to merge the women's schedule into the season tickets and encourage us to get to more women's games.
                        Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 08-15-2023, 09:05 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

                          ....Separately, we probably need to try and revive/create a booster club.
                          Love this idea ...certainly an idea to discuss with the new AD...whenever they join us !
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                          Comment


                          • We are hiring a third assistant coach which is now allowed.
                            https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...20255376375808

                            If that doesn't work https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-15-2023, 02:23 PM.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Great job with the Smitty interview tonight Sezenack ! Lots of good information and it definitely wet the appetite for the upcoming campaign. I won't spoil the details for those who haven't yet viewed ! Congrats to you and Brendan.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Great job with the Smitty interview tonight Sezenack ! Lots of good information and it definitely wet the appetite for the upcoming campaign. I won't spoil the details for those who haven't yet viewed ! Congrats to you and Brendan.
                                I second that sentiment.Well done.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X