No announcement yet.

RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will have 4 players with numbers over 40 next season: McNeil 43, Brown 51, Matta 61, and Payant 71. That's about the total that we have had in over 70 years. (I am too lazy to check.)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It's about time. Looks like a decent group on paper. Now lets see how they look on ice.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

It’s surprising that we didn’t get any comments from the coach. I guess we’ll have to wait for sezenack to grill him.

I like the looks of the class and for some reason I have selected Jeremie Payant as one of my new favorites. When I envision him in Cherry and White I think Zach Dubinsky, which is funny because much of Zach's value was in the defensive end and faceoff circle and I've only seen video clips of Jeremie using his wheels on offense. Hopefully he has a similar two-way game as that seems to be the path to Coach Dave's heart. The last player I developed such an irrational following for was Mark Miller, who won my allegiance the first time I saw him go flying over the boards in an exhibition game. Let's go Jeremie.
        Last edited by rpi82; 08-10-2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• In belated honor of Jeremie Payant, today is 11 August 2023. There are 57 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• The roster is not properly linked from the website. It is here https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...roster/2023-24

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The roster is not properly linked from the website. It is here https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...roster/2023-24

I notice that Dana McGuane is listed as the equipment manager ....great news if its accurate !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

I notice that Dana McGuane is listed as the equipment manager ....great news if its accurate !
                I doubt it. It was just copied from last season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The roster is not properly linked from the website. It is here https://rpiathletics.com/sports/mens...roster/2023-24

Not to jump too far ahead, but it is pretty amazing to look at a roster with no fewer than 13 seniors (10) and grad students (3). Lack of experience won't be an acceptable excuse this year. However, I'm already thinking ahead to next season. I believe all of the seniors are eligible for the Covid bonus year. I hope some are planning to take advantage of it (effectively adding them to our 3 person junior class) so the coaches can balance the classes a little better going forward.

Comment

• In belated honor of Lucas Matta, today is 12 August 2023. There are 56 (8 weeks) days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

Not to jump too far ahead, but it is pretty amazing to look at a roster with no fewer than 13 seniors (10) and grad students (3). Lack of experience won't be an acceptable excuse this year. However, I'm already thinking ahead to next season. I believe all of the seniors are eligible for the Covid bonus year. I hope some are planning to take advantage of it (effectively adding them to our 3 person junior class) so the coaches can balance the classes a little better going forward.
                      I am pretty sure that some of the seniors will be back next season. The problem will be that the ones who will be back won't necessarily be the ones whom we and Coach Smith would most want to have back.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We will have 4 players with numbers over 40 next season: McNeil 43, Brown 51, Matta 61, and Payant 71. That's about the total that we have had in over 70 years. (I am too lazy to check.)
                        if that number is true (I’m not too lazy to check, I just don’t care) half of them were named “Brad”
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I doubt it. It was just copied from last season.
                          You’re right Ralph they still have Liam thrawl as volunteer coach. He’s with Austin bruins nahl as an assistant coach.

Comment

I am pretty sure that some of the seniors will be back next season. The problem will be that the ones who will be back won't necessarily be the ones whom we and Coach Smith would most want to have back.
                            Probably true, but all of the remaining seniors got a fair amount of ice time last season and contributed (other than Miller, but that's the life of a 3rd string goalie). Of course we'd prefer to pick and choose who to keep, but I could make a case for any of the skaters, including Davies and Nykannen who really took a step forward last season, as adding some value and added experience to what will be a very young team in 24-25.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

if that number is true (I’m not too lazy to check, I just don’t care) half of them were named “Brad”
                              Very true since the only two I recall before Brown showed up were named Brad. :-D
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                                Sezenack, can you post the zoom meeting after it is done? Not sure I can make it, but would love to hear it.
                                It will be recorded and uploaded to youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X