No announcement yet.

RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 16 April 2023. There are 174 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Jake Johnson's first pro goal https://twitter.com/SportsiCohn/stat...86136094834696
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 17 April 2023. There are 173 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

I listened to Rand Pecknold on Spittin Chiclets; he said he lost a couple of recruits to other unnamed programs for an NIL of $100k spread over 4 years. He is slightly panicked that the big 10 schools and “big fish” will use this to run away and hide from the smaller schools.

I couldn’t help but think if he’s panicked, what should non-Ivy programs, like RPI, etc be thinking and doing to compete. Let’s face it, the brand of RPI, on and off the ice isn’t what it used to be, and since they’ve aligned with the Ivies, but aren’t one, have really put themselves at a disadvantage across the board.
          Well said and exactly my fear with the NIL....it's an arms race that most small schools aren't equipped to compete in.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            Over the years I’ve had season tickets at RPI and Cornell for hockey and at UConn for football and basketball. I’ve been to many minor league baseball, hockey and even basketball games but never went on a regular basis because I never had a passion for it. If college sports are really just another minor league (at $25K plus room and board doesn’t that make college a better pay day than the ECHL?) then I’ll probably be done. I might go to a game or two per year but the passion will be gone. I expect that to happen in the next five years. Frankly, I’ve already wondered if NIL was a factor in a few of our transfers…..
            Sadly this is the new reality. Getting to see kids develop over four years will likely become more rare .....with team cohesion and chemistry subject to yearly personnel shuffling. I noticed the Merrimack coach interviewed during NCAAs and he talked about how cautious they were with bringing in portal kids (including Lepanen). He was very honest with them and told them they'd have to be ok with 3rd and 4th line.... grinding in practice, getting to gel with the team and earning their ice time as the season progressed.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Well said and exactly my fear with the NIL....it's an arms race that most small schools aren't equipped to compete in.
              Yup. And trying to compete can raise all kinds of legal and ethical issues.

Comment

• Today is 18 April 2023. There are 172 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 19 April 2023. There are 171 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Unless I missed someone, none of RPI's current players or known recruits are on the final 2023 NHL CSB list.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 20 April 2023. There are 170 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 21 April 2023. There are 169 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Mason Klee is going to OSU.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 22 April 2023. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Today is 22 April 2023. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

Please excuse this break in the action. Ok, happy Saturday afternoon, everyone!

Comment

• Today is 23 April 2023. There are 167 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X