RPI 2023 Off-season: We March Fourth Into the Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    Colgate beats Harvard, wins ECAC tourney. Perhaps three ECAC teams in the NCAAs?
    Four

Comment

• Today is 19 March 2023. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Four
        I certainly did not expect it in the middle of the season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I certainly did not expect it in the middle of the season.
          Neither did I. But the ECAC's earned seeds 2nd, 7th, 13th and 15th.
          Have to give Colgate props, beating Quinnipiac (twice this season) and Harvard.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

Neither did I. But the ECAC's earned seeds 2nd, 7th, 13th and 15th.
            Have to give Colgate props, beating Quinnipiac (twice this season) and Harvard.
            Huge win for Colgate and Don Vaughn. Colgate’s win looks to have knocked out Alaska Fairbanks which was 15th in the Pairwise. Cornell and Merrimack were tied for 13th in the Pairwise, not sure what the tiebreaker would have been if Northern Michigan had won in overtime against Minnesota State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Does anyone know what weekend the ECAC’s will be next year in Placid? Looks like the Frozen Four is a week later for 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by Section5forLife View Post
                Does anyone know what weekend the ECAC’s will be next year in Placid? Looks like the Frozen Four is a week later for 2024.
                3/22 and 3/23

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

3/22 and 3/23
                  Thanks! After this past weekend of great hockey, we need to plan to see the engineers up there next year .

Comment

• Originally posted by Section5forLife View Post

Thanks! After this past weekend of great hockey, we need to plan to see the engineers up there next year .
                    No problem! I sure hope so!

Comment

• I took the trip up for the weekend, and I'm glad I did. It was difficult to not pull for Gate. Seeing Don Vaughn celebrate and pump fists with the Gate fans behind the bench after the game was great to see. Happy for them and their fans. Cornell's fans won the attendance battle as expected however their section was much lighter than I recall in the Albany years and going back to the 90's in LP. I wonder what our (RPI) fan turn out would be when we make our triumphant return.

Before the championship game they acknowledged Steve Hagwell's retirement and he was presented with a 1980 Team USA jersey with his name on the back.

Comment

• Today is 20 March 2023. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2023 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Mcisaac, schrefiels, leibold in the portal.
                          Total combined for 3 points all season.

Comment

• If that's it we can breathe a sigh of relief. I wish those guys well, but I suspect their departures were tied to end of year assessments with the coaching staff that they were unlikely to pick up substantial ice time next year. With those three plus Walsh, Mahshie, Klee and Hallbauer we need to bring in seven or eight for next year. Up front we have five in Hotson and Babich plus the two recent overage signees and Tinling. I'd expect at least one experienced defenseman (probably a grad transfer) from the portal. We need at least one more defenseman but I hope the second is a young guy that either fell through the cracks due to lineup depth or injury at a highly ranked team (e.g. Strom and Agnew) or got pushed off a year and wants to start on the original schedule (e.g. Ardanaz). I wonder if they might look for as many as 3 defenseman since we could have as many as 4 leaving next season (Sertti, Agnew, Davies and the grad transfer).
                            Last edited by rpi82; 03-20-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              If that's it we can breath a sigh of relief. I wish those guys well, but I suspect their departures were tied end of year assessments with the coaching staff that they were unlikely to pick up substantial ice time next year. With those three plus Walsh, Mahshie, Klee and Hallbauer we need to bring in seven or eight for next year. Up front we have five in Hotson and Babich plus the two recent overage signees and Tinling. I'd expect at least one experienced defenseman (probably a grad transfer) from the portal. We need at least one more defenseman but I hope the second is a young guy that either fell through the cracks due to lineup depth or injury at a highly ranked team (e.g. Strom and Agnew) or got pushed off a year and wants to start on the original schedule (e.g. Ardanaz). I wonder if they might look for as many as 3 defenseman since we could have as many as 4 leaving next season (Sertti, Agnew, Davies and the grad transfer).
                              it is still early - there are 16 schools still playing this season and I am sure after more end their season we will see some more names on the list of those looking to move on. Plenty of time to see if we can pick up a defense man or two hopefully with more than 1 year remaining. Will be very sorry to see Mahshie leaving as he finally had the year I was expecting from him.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Absolutely. Solid two way guy with a good motor and if I recall, he did pretty well on faceoffs.
                                Dubinsky is not coming back. Just committed to Vermont today. Maybe we’ll see him at HFH next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X