Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The chant is in comment by Luke Johnston below the article...

Rat S it, Bat S it, Nasty Old Twat
    Sixty-Nine A holes Tied In A Knot
    Eat, Suck, F ck
    Gobble, Nibble, Chew
    We’re From La Maison
    So hey, F ck YOU!
    The broomball part of this seems to be just thrown in where the real issue was the university trying to institute a limit on their speech by punishing anyone for doing the chant anywhere on campus. I agree that it is very poorly written but the writer is probably an enigneering major
    I remember reffing a couple of games and making them have to wait until after the game was over and all the helmets were collected until they did that cheer.

I'm not really sure what the University policy is but they can't really regulate what anybody says in the middle of campus as long as it's not completely illegal, although I do think it's still illegal in Michigan to curse around little children and females. But we all know that Tech has neither of those.

I know I did the chant a few times for the hell of it in college with some of my friends from maggots...I can not confirm or deny that I ever played any broomball games as an unofficial member of La Maison
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am. Wasn't Gods of Wads a maggot team?
    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
      I remember reffing a couple of games and making them have to wait until after the game was over and all the helmets were collected until they did that cheer.

I'm not really sure what the University policy is but they can't really regulate what anybody says in the middle of campus as long as it's not completely illegal, although I do think it's still illegal in Michigan to curse around little children and females. But we all know that Tech has neither of those.
      I don't really see that law being enforced...and as for other speech issues, colleges have been throwing speech clauses into student code of conduct policies for years...
      Correct me if I'm wrong, because I probably am. Wasn't Gods of Wads a maggot team?
      Gods of Wads was Oread's Paradise...my old hall
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That law has been repealed.
        Last edited by nmupiccdiva; 02-19-2010, 02:26 PM.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post

I'm sorry, but isn't part of a standard college experience being exposed to various levels of vulgarity? If Precious Snowflake can't handle it, then that's their problem and no one else's.

/mini-rant.
          You're really forgetting the liberal mindset of isolating the college campus from reality...professors have been living in ivory towers for years
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            Good, because I know that I have sworn in front of ctf, and that would violate both clauses of that law.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Good, because I know that I have sworn in front of ctf, and that would violate both clauses of that law.
              Probably broke other laws with the other 17 years olds you've met though

Comment

Probably broke other laws with the other 17 years olds you've met though
                Not the one I met over carnival, there were no laws broken there....errr, nevermind
                But not the ones that you people are thinking of!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Not the one I met over carnival, there were no laws broken there....errr, nevermind
                  But not the ones that you people are thinking of!
                  I did not specify

Comment

Most likely you were swearing AT ctf.

Comment

Getting ready to head into the game.

Watch a little of the '05 Friday 3-0 game.

Noticed Gwilliam in that video and hope he can get that spark into the guys tonight.

If "our" cameraman is working maybe the Husky fans will be on TV after a Tech goal.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post

Noticed Gwilliam in that video and hope he can get that spark into the guys tonight.

If "our" cameraman is working maybe the Husky fans will be on TV after a Tech goal.
                        what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          what's that?
                          must be a blue moon tonight

Comment

From the comments on that Lode article:

As far as sportsmanship goes, I haven’t met a maggot that plays dirty in any of the IRHC sporting events.
                            BWAhahahahaha.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Still a few years ago, everybody except for the goalie, another player, and I were in the penalty box after we rallied around yelling "What it is Motherf*ers!" at halftime. We managed to kill off 1:55 of the 2-5 PK, including getting some scoring chances which highly angered the other team.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post

will be watching
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X