Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale & Brown @ Colage & Cornell

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    Could someone elaborate the meaning of these misspellings? I was told "Brom" is an old USCHO joke. I'm guessing the same with Ylae and Clogate?

Right now Colgate is the laughingstock of the ECAC after laying a goose egg vs. Quinnipiac. But you'll never know which 'Gate team will show up to play this coming weekend. As far as Brown goes, well they usually put on a clunker of a performance at Starr, but were able to win there last season...
    Brom comes from a drunken rant on this site, which also include a reference to PROVICED, Hockey Rast, and a few other beauties, if I'm not mistaken.

Ylae comes from the old ECAC chatroom, which a bunch of us used to use while listening to games on the radio, before the days of good real-time score updates. Somebody (Vic?) tried to type Yale and it came out Ylae. The next entry on the screen was an attempt to fix that one word, and was misspelled again. Then a third time. From then on, every time anybody misspelled a word, everyone else would just type "Ylae." It stuck.

You had to be there. But it was funny at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      No I think Clarkson clinched that spot for the season this past Friday.
      FYP.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
        Ylae comes from the old ECAC chatroom, which a bunch of us used to use while listening to games on the radio, before the days of good real-time score updates. Somebody (Vic?) tried to type Yale and it came out Ylae. The next entry on the screen was an attempt to fix that one word, and was misspelled again. Then a third time. From then on, every time anybody misspelled a word, everyone else would just type "Ylae." It stuck.

You had to be there. But it was funny at the time.
        Thanks. The "Ylae" history sounds very amusing. Even more amusing was the positive rep I received for my post asking if "Brom, Ylae, etc." were old USCHO jokes. A comment was left informing me that "St, Clooud" is part of that bunch too. It just makes me want to laugh for no reason. (No offense to anyone. I've only been posting here for 2 years so it's kinda new to me.)
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          A comment was left informing me that "St, Clooud" is part of that bunch too. It just makes me want to laugh for no reason.
          The funniest part about that one is that it was coined by a Union fan.

Comment

one of the biggest game of the year and no chatter???? this game between cornell and yale is going to be huge on Sat. Why isn't there more chatter on it.

Who do people think is going to win? I think ut is going to be hard for yale to perform in that hostel enviorment.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post

Who do people think is going to win? I think ut is going to be hard for yale to perform in that hostel enviorment.
              Actually Yale has had a lot of success at Lynah recently. They haven't lost there since Dec. 2004. I think that Blase should see the start for Yale because of his success last weekend versus Dartmouth and Harvard.
              Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                Brom comes from a drunken rant on this site, which also include a reference to PROVICED, Hockey Rast, and a few other beauties, if I'm not mistaken.
                It was some WCHA fan asking about how good Brom and Darmouth were at hockey.
                Followed a month later by some legitimately drunk nimrod telling us all the {PROVICED should be kicked out Hockey Rast.
                St, Clooud is my personal favorite.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  It was some WCHA fan asking about how good Brom and Darmouth were at hockey.
                  Followed a month later by some legitimately drunk nimrod telling us all the {PROVICED should be kicked out Hockey Rast.
                  St, Clooud is my personal favorite.
                  It's always "what have you done for me lately" with you isn't it?
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    It's always "what have you done for me lately" with you isn't it?
                    Clogate and Pricetom were brilliant, and I'm fond of UHN. But St, Clooud? That's in it's own class, considering the awesome thread that it came from...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

one of the biggest game of the year and no chatter???? this game between cornell and yale is going to be huge on Sat. Why isn't there more chatter on it.

Having been at both Lynah (years ago) and at Wisconsin's Kohl
                      Center, I don't think the former ENVIRONMENT will be any more HOSTILE
                      than the latter.I look for the Bulldogs to win a close one, and I will be surprised if Billy Blase is NOT between the pipes

Comment

yaledoc, you're killin' me. Stop hitting return in the middle of a sentence/paragraph!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          yaledoc, you're killin' me. Stop hitting return in the middle of a sentence/paragraph!!!
                          Sorry,RC...... I'll try to do better.

Comment

I think that cornell's enviorment for this game is going to be crazy, plus the students will be snowed in, so there should be a huge student section that would add to the craziness. I think that cornell that night is going to rock!!!!!

Comment

I think that cornell's enviorment for this game is going to be crazy, plus the students will be snowed in, so there should be a huge student section that would add to the craziness. I think that cornell that night is going to rock!!!!!
                              Isn't there usually a huge student section at Lynah anyway? I've unfortunately never made it up there, but I was always under the assumption that there never isn't a huge student section. Hell, their traveling student section is usually bigger than Brown's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Clogate and Pricetom were brilliant...
                                Colage is even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X