Latest pairwise rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
    Anybody have a logical reason why the selection show isn’t at 11:00 am this morning? Why do it during the basketball games and give teams less time to prepare as the games start a day earlier this year?
    Only thing I can think of is they're simply tacking it on to women's title game. Now if that game goes to OT...

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post

I would put SCSU/Minnesota State in Bridgeport, Harvard/Ohio State in Fargo. Everything else here I would not change.
      Wrong. Harvard stays in the East this year. Bridgeport or Manchester.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
        Was there really only 6K in attendance for the NCHC championship game?
        That's 1k more than if SCSU hosted the final.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
          Anybody have a logical reason why the selection show isn’t at 11:00 am this morning? Why do it during the basketball games and give teams less time to prepare as the games start a day earlier this year?
          Both Espn and Espn 2 have womens ncaa basketball tournament at noon.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            https://www.ncaa.com/championships/i...broadcast-info

Is this accurate? Last year they did the massive gap in between games and let you leave the arena and come back for 2nd game. If this is accurate then they did away with that.
            According to SNHUrena (Manch) box office personnel back in December, there is a big gap between Thursday games. "Don't lose your tickets between games. You will need them to reenter for the second game and again on Saturday."
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

Wrong. Harvard stays in the East this year. Bridgeport or Manchester.
              Dude it might happen but you are very clearly being this definitive because you're the Harvard fan.

Comment

• Back to OP - ECAC gets the same number of teams in as the B1G. Tell me again about how much better one is over the NCHC other lol
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  Back to OP - ECAC gets the same number of teams in as the B1G. Tell me again about how much better one is over the NCHC other lol
                  But the NCHC only got 3 in...

And of course the last ECAC team in only got in because of an auto bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateofHockey78 View Post

Oh I think having the #6 with the #1 IS punishing both teams. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face they think going that far outside of bracket integrity is fair to either team. I think you leave MN in Fargo because you always give the #1 the best option distance wise and you say the hell with SCSU. Look at last year, MN ended up in Worchester as a #2. My point there is, geography isn't that big a deal once you get past the hosts and #1's.

I also don't think attendance would be impacted much at all by putting Harvard in Fargo and SCSU west. These brackets need reasonable balance and putting a team like SCSU and MN together IMO is crappy for both. After this weekend, if I was SCSU and Larson I'd be begging to get into the QU bracket . If the suggestion holds though, IMO, Michigan has a cake walk to Tampa.
                    But when you consider that I can sit and have a burger at Charlie’s on the Harvard campus and then be in Manchester in an hour or Bridgeport in less than 2 1/2, Harvard would likely draw far greater crowds in either venue than St Cloud would. Manchester is also accessible from Harvard by public transportation.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 03-19-2023, 12:06 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      Back to OP - ECAC gets the same number of teams in as the B1G. Tell me again about how much better one is over the NCHC other lol
                      Well... 4 of 7 teams from the Big Ten made it compared to 3 of 8 teams from the NCHC. Is that good enough for you?
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        But when you consider that I can sit and have a burger at Charlie’s on the Harvard campus and then be in Manchester in an hour or Bridgeport in less than 2 1/2, Harvard would likely draw far greater crowds in either venue than St Cloud would. Manchester is also accessible from Harvard by public transportation.
                        I think you have high expectations of Harvard "fans".

Comment

I think you have high expectations of Harvard "fans".
                          Also of Harvard - Manchester public transportation.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

That's 1k more than if SCSU hosted the final.
                            True, 6k is 1k more than 5k.

I wonder what it costs for the NCHC to rent the Xcel Center for the weekend. Must have been worth it to be able to get those additional one thousand people in there.

Comment

Dude it might happen but you are very clearly being this definitive because you're the Harvard fan.
                              No kidding. I doubt the committee will send us to Fargo given our pairwise and the need to minimize travel and maximize attendance. Cue those who want to bash Harvard's ability to travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Cue those who want to bash Harvard's ability to travel.
                                You have to admit that Harvard is not known for its rabid fan base.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X