Latest pairwise rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimbaran View Post

Quinnipiac vs. Colgate is an intra-conference game. Swap with Merrimack?
    Good catch. Yes. That's the easiest swap.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Wodon's bracket from CHN:

Fargo
      1. Minnesota vs. 16. Canisius
      6. St. Cloud State vs. 11. Minnesota State

Bridgeport
      2. Quinnipiac vs. 14. Merrimack
      7. Harvard vs. 9. Ohio State

Allentown
      3. Michigan vs. 15. Colgate
      8. Penn State vs. 10. Michigan Tech

Manchester
      4. Denver vs. 13. Cornell
      5. Boston University vs. 12. Western Michigan

Bracket ABCs: Final NCAA Tournament Projection : College Hockey News
      North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Wodon's bracket from CHN:

Fargo
        1. Minnesota vs. 16. Canisius
        6. St. Cloud State vs. 11. Minnesota State

Bridgeport
        2. Quinnipiac vs. 14. Merrimack
        7. Harvard vs. 9. Ohio State

Allentown
        3. Michigan vs. 15. Colgate
        8. Penn State vs. 10. Michigan Tech

Manchester
        4. Denver vs. 13. Cornell
        5. Boston University vs. 12. Western Michigan

Bracket ABCs: Final NCAA Tournament Projection : College Hockey News
        I would put SCSU/Minnesota State in Bridgeport, Harvard/Ohio State in Fargo. Everything else here I would not change.
        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Could turn out that way. I just don't get the logic of sticking so strictly to minimizing the number of bracket integrity changes when the end result is punishing two of the top 6 teams in the tournament for the potential QF round game.

Comment

• At least on paper I don't see any glaring attendance issues across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Could turn out that way. I just don't get the logic of sticking so strictly to minimizing the number of bracket integrity changes when the end result is punishing two of the top 6 teams in the tournament for the potential QF round game.
              The easiest fix to those issues would be to keep Minnesota/Penn State together. It's not like Allentown is some huge home ice advantage for Penn State...particularly considering the likely crowd in Fargo.
              North Dakota

Comment

Could turn out that way. I just don't get the logic of sticking so strictly to minimizing the number of bracket integrity changes when the end result is punishing two of the top 6 teams in the tournament for the potential QF round game.
                Oh I think having the #6 with the #1 IS punishing both teams. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face they think going that far outside of bracket integrity is fair to either team. I think you leave MN in Fargo because you always give the #1 the best option distance wise and you say the hell with SCSU. Look at last year, MN ended up in Worchester as a #2. My point there is, geography isn't that big a deal once you get past the hosts and #1's.

I also don't think attendance would be impacted much at all by putting Harvard in Fargo and SCSU west. These brackets need reasonable balance and putting a team like SCSU and MN together IMO is crappy for both. After this weekend, if I was SCSU and Larson I'd be begging to get into the QU bracket . If the suggestion holds though, IMO, Michigan has a cake walk to Tampa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  The easiest fix to those issues would be to keep Minnesota/Penn State together. It's not like Allentown is some huge home ice advantage for Penn State...particularly considering the likely crowd in Fargo.
                  I know it doesn't happen this way but when there's at least an option it might be worth flat out asking the #1 overall seed in the tournament which regional they want to go to. So if you asked Bob Motzko if he'd rather go to Allentown to be with Penn State for bracket integrity or you can stay close to home but with a "tougher" 2 seed and potentially one that will at least bring some fans to the rink...which option would he pick?

Comment

• Was there really only 6K in attendance for the NCHC championship game?

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      Was there really only 6K in attendance for the NCHC championship game?
                      Is that surprising with UND losing and CC being one of the participants? Maybe the NCHC should go to the Big Ten model.

Comment

Is that surprising with UND losing and CC being one of the participants? Maybe the NCHC should go to the Big Ten model.
                        It is to me, St. Cloud is 1 hour away and I have the perception of Minneapolis being "hockey crazy."

Comment

• https://www.ncaa.com/championships/i...broadcast-info

Is this accurate? Last year they did the massive gap in between games and let you leave the arena and come back for 2nd game. If this is accurate then they did away with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post

I would put SCSU/Minnesota State in Bridgeport, Harvard/Ohio State in Fargo. Everything else here I would not change.
                            Anything that allows the Buckeyes to avoid a ****ed off and focused Minnesota is good with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                              Was there really only 6K in attendance for the NCHC championship game?
                              We all loved the old WCHA championship, but it relied to a great extent on the Gophers and NoDak being there. Without those schools, attendance would have been a lot lower back in those days.

Comment

• Anybody have a logical reason why the selection show isn’t at 11:00 am this morning? Why do it during the basketball games and give teams less time to prepare as the games start a day earlier this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X