Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men’s Hockey 22-23: the start of something new, or more of the same?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    I think Grouchyold UNHer is certainly Chris !!!! incognito. Remember that dude ? Or dudess. Ahhh, the good ole crazy days .
    You just stay out of this, Junior!!! This is between me and Charlie, dagnabbit!!
    I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
    AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      I think Grouchyold UNHer is certainly Chris !!!! incognito. Remember that dude ? Or dudess. Ahhh, the good ole crazy days .
      As the old saying (?) goes, Larry ... you're probably in the right area code, but not quite in the correct ZIP code.

GUNHer is definitely in the USCHO Witness Protection Program at this point, "Happy Oaks" being a clever pseudonym and all to throw you and the rest of our readers off his trail ... but my WIS GOO - oops, er, "agents" are seeking out fresh intelligence on the witness and his locus as we speak ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Good for JvR and Scott Laughton stepping up for more inclusivity in hockey.

https://www.nhl.com/web/news/nonbina...?tid=277350296

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Good for JvR and Scott Laughton stepping up for more inclusivity in hockey.

https://www.nhl.com/web/news/nonbina...?tid=277350296
          I wonder if JvR and Laughton are gonna be in hot water for not getting the kid's pronouns right (read carefully) ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I wonder if JvR and Laughton are gonna be in hot water for not getting the kid's pronouns right (read carefully) ...
            Not as much hot water as this guy:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...cites-religion

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ed-pride-night
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Yeah, shame on him for exercising his First Amendment rights. Where the he11 does he think he is - America?!?

Comment

• Good news for Ty Conklin (and all other NCAA D-1 volunteer assistants), as taken from Alex Hall's U-L item today:

The NCAA Division I council announced last week that, among other decisions, it voted to eliminate the voluntary coach designation. The change allows Division I hockey teams to carry four coaches total, effectively changing the current volunteer coach role into another paid, full-time assistant coach position.

The rule will take effect on July 1.

UNH goaltending development coach Ty Conklin, now in his fourth year on Souza’s staff, is the Wildcats’ current volunteer assistant coach.

Souza said he does not yet know how his program will handle the rule change but believes it will provide more opportunities for younger coaches to get into the field. It should also alleviate staffs from being spread too thin between coaching and recruiting duties, he said.

“You’ll be able to make sure that you’ve got staff coverage and you’re going to have recruiting coverage and so it’s a good thing, I think, for college hockey, certainly,” Souza said.

It also doesn't hurt any soon-to-be-outgoing coaches to have another 50+ paying positions as future landing spots ...

Comment

• Just saw this story on Hockey Night in Nowhere;

"The NHL announced on Thursday to further their inclusiveness series, they are conducting league wide pre-skates on Jan 24th where all players will wear Pro-Life themed jerseys. Gary Bettman stated "children are our future, give them a chance." An NHL spokesman explained "not all teams are playing by Birthing Persons Day, so this is the leagues way of saying Thank You to those special individuals who brought our players to full term and youth practices."

The league has no plans to add extra security or crowd control for Pro-Life night. Karrine Jean-Pierre could not be reached for comment on this developing story.

Comment

• Very cute, Chuck, but let's leave politics to the politics forum, ok?
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Next thread name: “UNH Wildcats - Always be yourself unless you can be a Dinosaur! In that case, always be a dinosaur!”
                      Last edited by Darius; 01-20-2023, 09:53 AM.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Very cute, Chuck, but let's leave politics to the politics forum, ok?
                        Actually, 'Watcher ... I don't see where I introduced the issue(s) to this thread. Am I missing something???

(1) On a quiet UNH Hockey news week (aren't they all?), Snives posts a UNH Hockey alum's SJW activities. Check
                        (2) I point out a quirky inconsistency in how the Pronoun Police might see comments as microaggressions. Check
                        (3) Felgie brings the discussion to a logical follow-up on some widely publicized post-event developments. Check
                        (4) Myself, Whalers and Darius then come in with additional commentary from different perspectives. Check
                        (5) Someone posing as the prototypical Karen-type wades in, and tries to direct the proceedings elsewhere ...

Please please PLEASE don't read my upcoming response to Whalers' post ... just trying to save you the agita, mon ami! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Just saw this story on Hockey Night in Nowhere;

"The NHL announced on Thursday to further their inclusiveness series, they are conducting league wide pre-skates on Jan 24th where all players will wear Pro-Life themed jerseys. Gary Bettman stated "children are our future, give them a chance." An NHL spokesman explained "not all teams are playing by Birthing Persons Day, so this is the leagues way of saying Thank You to those special individuals who brought our players to full term and youth practices."

The league has no plans to add extra security or crowd control for Pro-Life night. Karrine Jean-Pierre could not be reached for comment on this developing story.
                          Fantastic, good to see the NHL reaching out to an isolated, oft-overlooked segment of their rabid fanbase. Besides ...

https://babylonbee.com/news/nhl-play...playing-soccer

Comment

• My twin sister (yes, I have a twin sister bwahaha) is named Karen...she isn't even online much and really hates that...but, I digress! Kind of think the male equivalent is Kevin? ha!

Time to draw our attention to the River Hawks this weekend; wasn't planning to go but Mr. HR actually texted from his lunch break and asked if I wanted to go so we'll
                            blow down in his big truck complete with 4WD if necessary! I usually enjoy trips to the Tsongas - its the one HE arena that we do sometimes get a W, and it's also a place where we get our butts
                            handed to us...

That said I watched UML play last weekend in their Maine games as UNH had the nights off; they are beatable but am also thinking how up for these games for the HE points they most likely will
                            be. So I'll offer my weak predicts (this season has been atrocious for them) anyway...(The only thing I am sure of is Fezzie will be in net)

Friday:
                            UML 4 UNH 2

Saturday
                            UNH 3 UML 2

Oh, and PS: Is it really necessary to belittle what the NHL chooses to do in regards to "You can Play" and their Pride night? I saw the Torts interview the other night. I personally do not care if his player
                            chose not to participate; his values, his life. And maybe professional sports should stick to what they know best, playing the games. Still, those things validate people, and yes believe it or not some Hockey fans are gay/non binary...and OMG some hockey players are gay/nonbinary. (Even some soccer players I bet...)
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-20-2023, 12:17 PM.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Sorry, Chuck, confused Whalers with Expos.
                              The Souza record:
                              15-16 10th place
                              16-17 10th place
                              17-18 11th place
                              18-19 8th place
                              19-20 9th place
                              20-21 10th place
                              21-22 9th place
                              22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                                Dont look now, but just saw that all returning UNH students for this semester must submit a negative covid test before they can come on campus. But no negative test to attend a game at the Whitt that is ON CAMPUS? Why is this still a thing? Links to ANY stories of a UNH student passing away from Covid? (notice the FROM covid, not WITH)

How soon before we start hearing - "Gotta waare ya mask!"? Well at UMass Boston and Rhode Island College, they already have. Duke may also require.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/11/c...ents-covid-19/
                                Because Dictator Dean, is just that a dictator. It makes no sense. The local case number is not that bad and the flu totals are similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X