Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men’s Hockey 22-23: the start of something new, or more of the same?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

In the meantime, UNH's last winning goalie has started a new business venture, check it out below ...

TIROBAR
    Yeah have been following this on Instagram...he's picking up a few endorsements from other pro hockey players. Hope it pans out for him!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Nice to see Fessie and Nikolai Jensen getting HE recognition for goaltender/ defender of the week!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Nice to see Fessie and Nikolai Jensen getting HE recognition for goaltender/ defender of the week!
        Nickolai has the only positive plus/minus on the team, with a +7, which I found surprising. His 6 assists help, but obviously he is doing his job defensively also. Good for him, and Fessenden.

Comment

Yeah have been following this on Instagram...he's picking up a few endorsements from other pro hockey players. Hope it pans out for him!
          Ty Rone leads UNH goalies all time with 3637 saves and 125 games.

I will buy some of his energy bars, unless they cost more than $100 each.

Too funny, as at the moment there is an ad for colorful frosted donuts all over the thread. :-)
          Last edited by Snively65; 01-09-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Nice to see Fessie and Nikolai Jensen getting HE recognition for goaltender/ defender of the week!
            What's dat??? Well....schiiiiit.....shut my mouth and call me Smelly!! Looks like this ol' coot needs a big helpin' of crow on his plate!! Way to go, boy!! Mebbe not so "messy" Fessy???

DON'T MESS WITH FESS!!!

And Congrats to Niko Jensen too!!
            I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
            AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

Jumpin' Jeezus H GUNHer, cut me some slack willya?!? That *drivel* has been helping keep the schit stirred on here, while you've been enjoying your happy pills and stalking/gawking at the help over at Happy Oaks, ferchrissakes!!! Now, willya just go sharpen your pencil and keep posting, your streak is up to a whopping 2 games, and MS7's family is gonna want to keep you on the right side of the lawn though at least early March, know your role!!! :-D
              Oh, for the love of everything that is holy......lookee here you bumblin' twit! I know my role!! You're just like the network news, which I shut off each day!!! Drone, drone, drone, drone.....yeah, that's you Charlie, I tell ya, your posts are the best cures for insomnia yet!! And don't be knockin' happy pills 'til ya try them, you sanctimonious buffoon!!! MASK UP YOU INGRATE!!!!
              I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
              AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
                Oh, for the love of everything that is holy......lookee here you bumblin' twit!
                Did someone say ... twit?!?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Potsy makes the AHL All Star team...go Andrew!

Comment

• JvR with 900 games under his belt and TvR with 500 tonight...and, playing each other if I have that right! What other UNH alums had some decent longevity in the N? Dan Winnick, who else?

Comment

JvR with 900 games under his belt and TvR with 500 tonight...and, playing each other if I have that right! What other UNH alums had some decent longevity in the N? Dan Winnick, who else?
                      Rod Langway, Steve Leach.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

JvR with 900 games under his belt and TvR with 500 tonight...and, playing each other if I have that right! What other UNH alums had some decent longevity in the N? Dan Winnick, who else?
                        Rod Langway, Bobby Gould, Dave Lumley, the much-discussed Ty Conklin, Bobby Miller, Jay Miller, Andy Brickley, Norm Lacombe, Jamie Hislop, Bruce Crowder, Jason Krog, Mark Mowers, Bryan Muir, Steve Leach and Kevin Dean to name a few off the top of my head, guys with enough NHL service time to draw a decent pension anyway? I think Langway is the consensus best-ever UNH player at the NHL level, with a Cup ('79) and two Norris Trophies with the Capitals in the '80's to his name. As much crap as I've given him over the years, JvR is arguably the second most accomplished NHL level player amongst UNH alums. Gould had a good run in the '80's with the Capitals, Leach also with the Caps a few years after Gould and Langway, while guys like Lumley and Jay Miller had extended runs as enforcers that far exceeded their baseline skill levels.

Some of UNH's most dynamic attacking players (Darren Haydar, Derek Bekar, Bobby Francis and Poturalski) sadly followed the same pattern of getting small windows of NHL opportunity early in their respective careers, apparently failing to make an impression, before fading into careers as minor league lifers. I guess it's what happens when your program recruits at a certain level, which I suppose is a credit to Coaches Holt and Umile to have gotten their teams as far as they did at the apex times of their respective D-1 coaching careers.

It's hard to believe anyone associated with the UNH program in recent memory can expect a long NHL career, although the current five player contingent seems to be showing little sign of slowing down (other than perhaps JvR) ...I thought Gildon might have a shot, but he's now three years into his pro career, and it looks like he's still stuck in neutral. Crookshank hasn't exactly been lighting it up in the Sens' organization either ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Rod Langway, Bobby Gould, Dave Lumley, the much-discussed Ty Conklin, Bobby Miller, Jay Miller, Andy Brickley, Norm Lacombe, Jamie Hislop, Bruce Crowder, Jason Krog, Mark Mowers, Bryan Muir, Steve Leach and Kevin Dean to name a few off the top of my head, guys with enough NHL service time to draw a decent pension anyway? I think Langway is the consensus best-ever UNH player at the NHL level, with a Cup ('79) and two Norris Trophies with the Capitals in the '80's to his name. As much crap as I've given him over the years, JvR is arguably the second most accomplished NHL level player amongst UNH alums. Gould had a good run in the '80's with the Capitals, Leach also with the Caps a few years after Gould and Langway, while guys like Lumley and Jay Miller had extended runs as enforcers that far exceeded their baseline skill levels.

Some of UNH's most dynamic attacking players (Darren Haydar, Derek Bekar, Bobby Francis and Poturalski) sadly followed the same pattern of getting small windows of NHL opportunity early in their respective careers, apparently failing to make an impression, before fading into careers as minor league lifers. I guess it's what happens when your program recruits at a certain level, which I suppose is a credit to Coaches Holt and Umile to have gotten their teams as far as they did at the apex times of their respective D-1 coaching careers.

It's hard to believe anyone associated with the UNH program in recent memory can expect a long NHL career, although the current five player contingent seems to be showing little sign of slowing down (other than perhaps JvR) ...I thought Gildon might have a shot, but he's now three years into his pro career, and it looks like he's still stuck in neutral. Crookshank hasn't exactly been lighting it up in the Sens' organization either ...
                          As to your last comment I'd say Brett Pesce has a good chance of having a long career...if he stays healthy. And UNH can use players like Gildin...and especially Crookshank. Thanks for the education on the former UNH contingent.

Comment

Excellent post by Chuck on UNH alums in NHL. Interesting to me about last night’s game between the vR bros is the report that TvR recorded his 100th assist in his 500th game, when the box score does not award him an assist, but moreover Hockey DB has him at only 99 points (78 assists, 21 goals). More important is were they on the ice much at the same time and did they get into any dust ups? Anyone here remember the Eiserman bros getting into a tussle in front of the net at the student/band end in the UNH 5-4 win over Bentley on 28 November 2015? I was screaming at the refs to throw both Billy and Shane in the box. :-)

Comment

As to your last comment I'd say Brett Pesce has a good chance of having a long career...if he stays healthy. And UNH can use players like Gildin...and especially Crookshank. Thanks for the education on the former UNH contingent.
                              Speaking of Brett, he doubled his season goal total to 4 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Excellent post by Chuck on UNH alums in NHL. Interesting to me about last night’s game between the vR bros is the report that TvR recorded his 100th assist in his 500th game, when the box score does not award him an assist, but moreover Hockey DB has him at only 99 points (78 assists, 21 goals). More important is were they on the ice much at the same time and did they get into any dust ups? Anyone here remember the Eiserman bros getting into a tussle in front of the net at the student/band end in the UNH 5-4 win over Bentley on 28 November 2015? I was screaming at the refs to throw both Billy and Shane in the box. :-)
                                ha I do remember the Shane/Billy scuffle. I see brother Cole is doing very well...he committed elsewhere...Anyway going back to the game the other night it was noted by the announcer when they were on the ice together at one point they got a kick out of "JvR schooling his younger brother" or something like that when JvR took the puck away....

Speaking of JvR, I'm going to the Garden Monday to see the B's play the Flyers! Psyched...
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-13-2023, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X