No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Independents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough news that both Quinnipiac and Denver lost today. Fingers crossed for the Nanooks…

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
      Tough news that both Quinnipiac and Denver lost today. Fingers crossed for the Nanooks…
      Now we switch our fandom to Harvard and St. Cloud….

Comment

Unfortunate outcomes for UA. Should have been in the regionals' playoffs but is the drawback to not being in a conference. Its interesting in college football you can win your conference but still not get into the playoff. But hockey follows basketball it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          Unfortunate outcomes for UA. Should have been in the regionals' playoffs but is the drawback to not being in a conference. Its interesting in college football you can win your conference but still not get into the playoff. But hockey follows basketball it seems.
          Yes, hockey follows basketball in the autobid goes to the tournament winner. If Colgate hadn't won, Alaska would have been in.

Comment

Any idea if Alaska (Fairbanks to me) will join a conference anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Basement Bias View Post
              Any idea if Alaska (Fairbanks to me) will join a conference anytime soon?
              Unless a group of the Independents form a conference, not likely. The CCHA left the Alaskas behind, the NCHC isn’t interested and the Big Ten, there’s no chance.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Unless a group of the Independents form a conference, not likely. The CCHA left the Alaskas behind, the NCHC isn’t interested and the Big Ten, there’s no chance.
                Suppose there are no teams looking to join D1, especially in the PAC area correct? Probably tough with the economy & cost for hockey teams.

Comment

Suppose there are no teams looking to join D1, especially in the PAC area correct? Probably tough with the economy & cost for hockey teams.
                  There have been rumors about the University of Arizona and UNLV starting up D1 teams but regardless, they are further away from Alaska than many CCHA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

There have been rumors about the University of Arizona and UNLV starting up D1 teams but regardless, they are further away from Alaska than many CCHA teams.
                    Yeah I was thinking UW, WSU, maybe even Idaho. Guessing OSU & Oregon probably do not have anything.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking UW, WSU, maybe even Idaho. Guessing OSU & Oregon probably do not have anything.
                      Oregon has a club team.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                      X