No announcement yet.

UMASS-NewMass 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day, another loss. The freshmen defensemen are mistake prone, the seniors and grad transfers ineffective, the refs blew it on the first goal, and the atmosphere was classic Mullins Morgue. But otherwise a good day vs the second worst team in HE. 2024 can’t get here fast enough.

Comment

That was brutal. Students are still away in Amherst and that was a blown call in the 1st. I have Tix for the games against NU out at Mullens later this season but thinking it's not worth the 2 hr drive. I really don't see how the team that beat Denver 2x to start this season has fallen so far..it's not just coaching, a game plan or lack of exp...I am thinking it's tallent and a lack of it.

Comment

There is some talent, but it’s spread out too thin among the lines and pairings. The so called first line blows. Drop Nodler and Kiefiuk down, put Connors and Cameron up there with Lebster. Ufko and Morrow together all the time, not just on the PP. The newcomers are making mistakes already so what’s the problem? You’ll lose by 4 instead of 2? Too many slow guys with minimal skills. Only good news is that a bunch of them are done after this season.

Comment

Interesting, all 3 of the first line were demoted to 3rd or 4th lines, and the kids have taken over the top two lines. About time. Even if it doesn’t result in a W this was overdue.

Kiefiuk not even in the lineup. Maybe an injury?
          Last edited by Jack Hanson; 01-20-2023, 07:08 PM.

Comment

This is a sad state of affairs for UMass fans. Still 10 regular season games to play and all I’m seeing decided is whether we host Maine or travel to Orono for an 8/9 game. And the last two regular season games are in Orono.

Comment

Nine left. Who am I kidding, we’re not fighting to host a game vs Maine. It’s down to a choice of traveling to Orono or Chestnut Hill. They’ll save on gas money if the season ends at Chestnut Hill.

Comment

Great weekend, giving up 3-0 leads in the 3rd on both nights.

If next year’s recruits are as good as this year’s I’ll be mildly optimistic, but it’s to turn off the lights on this season. The only other UMass fan in these parts left town last month.

Comment

Can't wait for this tortuous, depressing season to be over......only a miracle can help.

Comment

Oh yay, they get to play BC again. The Minutemen crap their pants anytime they see the word Boston , even when they are the superior team. And this year they are not.

Comment

Nice weekend in Maine- surprised me. Hope they pull a rabbit out of their hat against BC. Go UMASS!

Comment

Fitting end to a crap season. And a large part of the blame goes to the coaching staff. All season long there were terrible lapses. They often came out not ready to play. Seemed to me that there were alot of bench penalties for too many men, a few delay of games, and so on.

Yes they’re missing Barr, but not necessarily for his recruiting prowess. The most recent class is one of the better ones they’ve ever had.

They miss Jared DiMichiel at least as much as Barr. I still don’t understand why he made a lateral move but sure looks like he’s already helping Michigan State.

Not Carvel’s finest season. This was far worse than his first in Amherst in fact. He obviously needs a better staff behind him. Tom Upton doesn’t appear to be up to the job.

I’m a Merrimack fan the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post
                          Fitting end to a crap season. And a large part of the blame goes to the coaching staff. All season long there were terrible lapses. They often came out not ready to play. Seemed to me that there were alot of bench penalties for too many men, a few delay of games, and so on.

Yes they’re missing Barr, but not necessarily for his recruiting prowess. The most recent class is one of the better ones they’ve ever had.

They miss Jared DiMichiel at least as much as Barr. I still don’t understand why he made a lateral move but sure looks like he’s already helping Michigan State.

Not Carvel’s finest season. This was far worse than his first in Amherst in fact. He obviously needs a better staff behind him. Tom Upton doesn’t appear to be up to the job.

I’m a Merrimack fan the rest of the way.
                          It might have been a lateral move in title but there's no question Michigan State gave him a significant raise.

Comment

I hope it was merely money and not some internal politics. Or worse, some perception that the Big 10 is ascendant and HE in decline.

Yeah, it’s all about the money.

Comment

Pavicich and Graham both enter the portal. Good. We need a reliable goalie. Graham never really had the opportunity. But Luke had more than his fair shake and failed miserably.

That’s 4 in the portal now, and the only one who will be missed is Lebster.

Comment

Mikey Adamson too. Oh boy. Whoever is in the market for a runt d-man that is overmatched every time he steps on the ice will be thrilled to pick him up. Mikey is not a D1 defender. The name gives it away.

I do believe Carvel has identified the problem areas. That’s half the problem. Whether or not we get upgrades is now the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X