No announcement yet.

Northeastern 2022-23: Unfinished Business - Great Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some gaping holes to fill in our defense against the #1 offense in the country. Allowing way to many good chances on Levi who, despite a 41 save shutout Friday, may be mean reverting a little this season. Maybe Struble should have sat an extra game. For such a hyped prospect I was expecting more from him by his senior season.

Is there really know way to watch this thing tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePack View Post
      Is there really know way to watch this thing tomorrow?
      AFAIK, audio only and only on WRBB.

One and only chance for them to take care of the Unfinished Business part of the thread title.
      Last edited by Split-N; 11-23-2022, 04:12 PM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

One Pack, I thought I was the only one thinking that way about Struble.
        Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Comment

Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
          ....Happy Thanksgiving to all!
          Ditto. And please pass the tryptophan.

Comment

A water main break in Nashville has postponed the Avalanche/Predators game. The 7:30 NU game may not happen.

Comment

The game is on. Reportedly moved to Ford Ice Center, the Pred's practice facility. Puck drop moved up to 6:30 p.m.

Bridgestone arena apparently is a mess. Today's Preds game vs Colorado is cancelled. Tomorrow's scheduled game vs Columbus in jeopardy.

A new level of hockey weirdness.

Comment

Update: Puck drop now at 8:15 EST at the Ford Ice Center, Bellevue. A gussied-up version of the old JAR in Watertown.
                Last edited by Split-N; 11-25-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

So much for Unfinished Business.

Comment

I guess you could say that piece of business is finished?

Comment

• I think all the business is going unfinished this year. We’ll be very lucky to make playoffs this year.

Can’t win against a good team unless levi is fire and this season has been a bit of a return from the moon.

blowing leads with late penalties is a joke.

Comment

• This team is toast, I'll go out on a limb not likely going to finish in the top 4 in HE, not going to be high enough in pairwise for NCAA selection and they are not going to win a beanpot, with Harvard playing off the hook.The bottom line is that they are too undisciplined. Also noteworthy, our goalie has regressed a bit, we also don't seem to have enough fire power. Team often looks lost gassed and just rally sloppy. Not sure what happened but they can't beat a good team and play as the have historically done for nearly 8 or 9 decades to the level of their competition, good or bad. Total disappointment.

Comment

• Are they under achieving or were they over rated?

Comment

• Underachieving. Undisciplined. You are correct, they will not finish in top 4, and will go out like lambs in the "playoffs".
                            This team has everything to go to a Frozen Four, but has had no sense of urgency since day 1. This season is already lost.
                            The tie against LIU should have been the wake up call. The games against BC should have been where they were putting money in the bank against the weaker teams, and one win against either PC or UML.
                            After the BU series, i was projecting out the rest of the season. We were 7-4-3, 14 games down 20 to play.

The will not run the table in Dec. 3-1 (at best) is reasonable. They will be 10-6-3.
                            There will be almost guaranteed losses to Harvard, Uconn (at least 2), Mack(at least 1), BU (pot), PC, Pot Consol Game, UMass (2), UML (at least 1). This is if they are playing "well"........15-16-3.
                            If they are (gulp) subpar, they will be swept by UConn, Mack, UML............12-19-3

What could have been..........

Comment

• Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
                              Are they under achieving or were they over rated?
                              I take all pre-season polls with a grain of salt...except for the coaches poll. It's usually spot-on, as it should be since the coaches know the players better than anybody and most were recruiting against each other for the top-level prospects. IIRC, NU got seven first-place votes in that poll, which is unusually decisive.

So, either the coaches have suddenly gone clueless or something is seriously wrong.
                              Last edited by Split-N; 11-28-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by navy44 View Post
                                Underachieving. Undisciplined. You are correct, they will not finish in top 4, and will go out like lambs in the "playoffs".
                                This team has everything to go to a Frozen Four, but has had no sense of urgency since day 1. This season is already lost.
                                The tie against LIU should have been the wake up call. The games against BC should have been where they were putting money in the bank against the weaker teams, and one win against either PC or UML.
                                After the BU series, i was projecting out the rest of the season. We were 7-4-3, 14 games down 20 to play.

The will not run the table in Dec. 3-1 (at best) is reasonable. They will be 10-6-3.
                                There will be almost guaranteed losses to Harvard, Uconn (at least 2), Mack(at least 1), BU (pot), PC, Pot Consol Game, UMass (2), UML (at least 1). This is if they are playing "well"........15-16-3.
                                If they are (gulp) subpar, they will be swept by UConn, Mack, UML............12-19-3

What could have been..........
                                Navy 44,
                                Welcome aboard. I don't know whether your are a student, long time fan or something in between. I would suggest you will see that projecting wins and losses is only slightly more accurate than most of the preseason polls. Yes, we have been inconsistent during the first half of the season. The second half of the season, beginning in January will be where the team will make a statement about what they are.
                                Last edited by Ryecheers; 11-28-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X