BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Just saw on the news that Robert Kraft has lent the Patriots’ plane to the UConn Huskies to travel to the Final Four. So I’m assuming that he’ll also have his plane take the Terriers to Tampa. Right????
    Right. And after that he's going to lend it to me so I can fly to Tahiti. :big smiley (and, BTW, I'm going to keep putting in the colon and emoji description until they allow us to use emojis again)

Comment

• How Lane Hutson isnt a finalist for the Hobey Baker is a joke.

Comment

• Knies over Hutson is comical. It really is.

Comment

• While I certainly didn't expect him to win it, I really thought he would be part of the Hobey Hattrick.

Comment

• Fantelli is going to win. Personally Cooley is better in imo. Knies is worthy. In the end I want the national title over hobey winner.
            Gophers: The time is NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

"Top three finish in the WCHA! Get into the NCAAs, take a swing and see what happens." Don Lucia

Comment

• Anyone know what sections BU’s allotment of tickets is in? I think the schools usually get the 4 corners. I’m in 129 which is just off a corner.

Comment

• Hutson wins the Walter Brown Award for top US-born D1 player in New England. He's the 12th Terrier to win it. Previous winners include Gilroy, Drury twice, John Curry, Jacques Joubert, Cleon Daskalakis, Mike Grier, Ed Walsh, David Sacco and Jay Pandolfo. But somehow Jack Eichel didn't win in 2015 when he was the Hobey Baker winner. He lost out to Jimmy Vesey. Anyone remembers details on that?
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                  Anyone know what sections BU’s allotment of tickets is in? I think the schools usually get the 4 corners. I’m in 129 which is just off a corner.
                  They at least have 112, so that corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Hutson wins the Walter Brown Award for top US-born D1 player in New England. He's the 12th Terrier to win it. Previous winners include Gilroy, Drury twice, John Curry, Jacques Joubert, Cleon Daskalakis, Mike Grier, Ed Walsh, David Sacco and Jay Pandolfo. But somehow Jack Eichel didn't win in 2015 when he was the Hobey Baker winner. He lost out to Jimmy Vesey. Anyone remembers details on that?
                    I don’t remember specifically but it’s a different group of voters (I think) and maybe they gave the nod to the upperclassman in an otherwise close vote. I believe Vesey also won in 2016 when he did also win the Hobey.

Comment

• Hobey Criteria from the website........
                      1. Strength of character, on and off the ice
                      2. Contribution to the integrity of the team and outstanding skills in all phases of the game
                      3. Scholastic achievement and sportsmanship
                      4. Compliance with all NCAA rules, including being a full-time student in an accredited college or university and completing 50 percent or more of the season

Maybe its about more than just stats, or the system that allows one player to have great stats, or other things than being an MVP. And historically, it does seem like its sort of a no-no for a freshman to win it, no matter who they play for. Or maybe other things than just hockey...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I along with many NHL scouts think Commesso is a far and away better goalie than Levi. If you swapped teams and systems commesso would have better stats than Levi. BU plays a wide open style whereas the defense is part of the offense and that system tends to give up a lot on the defensive side of the puck. NU plays a sound defensive scheme where they pack it in and block shots and keep offenses on the outside. Rarely do they ever give up odd man rushes. Goalie stats are massively misleading. The difficulty of shots commesso saved vs what Levi saved in the beanpot was an example of this. Levi’s toughest save was a glove save where the shot went right into his glove - sound positioning but he sold it with some extra windmill flair. Commesso was busy saving 3 on 1s. In both NU victories verse BU this season the huskies blocked 20 and 21 shots. That’a impressive and makes the life of a goalie real easy.
                        I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the Sabers organization was pretty happy with their scouts tonight. Or do they play more of a defensive system too?

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the Sabers organization was pretty happy with their scouts tonight. Or do they play more of a defensive system too?

You obviously didn’t watch the game. Rangers had two shots in the entire first period and looked hung over. Vermont would have beat the rangers last night coming off a back to back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

He's gonna die on that hill. Obviously in the past Commesso was once viewed as the better goalie prospect. Maybe down the line it winds up that way again but it's not a hot take to rank Levi ahead of Commesso right now. It's just not. It's not some made up thing by Northeastern fans or anonymous people on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

He's gonna die on that hill. Obviously in the past Commesso was once viewed as the better goalie prospect. Maybe down the line it winds up that way again but it's not a hot take to rank Levi ahead of Commesso right now. It's just not. It's not some made up thing by Northeastern fans or anonymous people on twitter.
                              Who is disagreeing with you? Some people have Levi ahead and that’s fine. Some have commesso as a better prospect and that fine. I still think commesso is a better long term pro prospect than Levi. Carry on.

Comment

• Was thinking going back to 1974 how many times I felt just “happy to be here” and not thinking they should or have a decent chance of winning. Maybe 97 but that changed after the Michigan win. The last three I felt they were the favorite and they won 2 of those and the other was fumbled away by the goalie. This year feels like gravy. I wonder how everyone feels about the least confident and most confident final 4’s. Most ‘78, ‘95, ‘15 Least ‘23 , ‘97, ‘90 (because of Wisc).

Comment

Working...
                                X