No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time BU played Minnesota? It can't be the games to close WBA and open Agganis, can it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      When was the last time BU played Minnesota? It can't be the games to close WBA and open Agganis, can it?
      2012. They lost 7-3 in the first round of the Regionals.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Ohhhhh that was in St. Paul, right? I should remember as I was there. The mind isn't what it once was.

When does the Hobey Hattrick get announced? This week or early next week? While I am not expecting Lane will win, I do think he has a legit shot at the final three.

Also, the lack of coverage of BU making it to Tampa in the local media is astounding. WHDH was the only one of the local news stories that showed anything on Saturday. Maybe that's a good thing for now. I watch NECN in the mornings and the two women who anchor the 7:00am-10:00am news are both BU alums and they gushed considerably on Beanpot Monday and we all know what happened. Yesterday morning it was all about UConn making the Final Four.

Comment

...the lack of coverage of BU making it to Tampa in the local media is astounding. WHDH was the only one of the local news stories that showed anything on Saturday. Maybe that's a good thing for now. I watch NECN in the mornings and the two women who anchor the 7:00am-10:00am news are both BU alums and they gushed considerably on Beanpot Monday and we all know what happened. Yesterday morning it was all about UConn making the Final Four.
          You're joking, right? You're been here for HOW long???? The ONLY school in Boston that gets any "coverage" is BC. And even less for hockey (except the Beanpot). College basketball is about the only "non-professional" sport that gets mentioned (other than the high school football specials, or when Mike Lynch used to do the "High 5" segments. They'll mention it on Thursday night (when you won't be there to see/hear it) :smiley

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Yes, Jaffe is WAY better and he's current with both the college and pro game. Nice guy too...spoke with him at length a few years ago at the Worcester regional when we played Michigan (of course, Billy played for Michigan). Melrose is a has been.
            Melrose doesn't even put in the bare minimum of preparation. Agree that Jaffe is excellent. He'd be great in that role.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• I think the local Frozen Four coverage will pick up on Tuesday, once basketball is done.

I was glad to see that the Hobey voting didn't happen until, I think right now. So Lane's HE Title winning goal and great game against WMU could lift him into the Hat Trick conversation. I agree he likely won't win it, since many writers are using the Fantili/Eichel comparison whenever they get the chance.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Jay Pandolfo is a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award.

Comment

• Skoog banged up. : (. Glad they have an extra week.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Jay Pandolfo is a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award.
                    League COTY and coaches who make the Frozen Four are automatic finalists. They are usually the only ones, but this year Erik Largen of Alaska was named a finalist as well.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Also, the lack of coverage of BU making it to Tampa in the local media is astounding.
                      If you happen to be online, Pandolfo to be interviewed on NESN on the Bruins post-game show shortly.

Comment

• This is a great article:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ill-Renew-.php

Comment

Awesome article! Too bad Herb Brooks isn’t still with us. It would have been awesome to see he and Parker at the game together. So much history in this incredible rivalry.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

When does the Hobey Hattrick get announced? This week or early next week?
                            Tomorrow (Thursday) at Noon.

Comment

• Just saw on the news that Robert Kraft has lent the Patriots’ plane to the UConn Huskies to travel to the Final Four. So I’m assuming that he’ll also have his plane take the Terriers to Tampa. Right????

Comment

• Lane Hutson just won the Walter Brown Award.

Forget to add the link:

https://goterriers.com/news/2023/3/3...own-award.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X