Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a totally different note, I thought that Colby did his usual stellar job in the booth at the Bridgeport regional. (he deserves an award just for having to try to get a word in edgewise with Bucci). :smiley

Comment

• On another different note, I didn't really former Terrier Jake Wise was captain of Ohio St.

Comment

• Colby has improved tremendously in the broadcast booth. He's a delight to watch/listen to, complementing and balancing out Bucci's over-the-top play-by-play style.

Wise had 17 points in 3 years at BU (albeit only 12 games his Freshman year and 14 games in the COVID-shortened season), and 65 points in his 2 years at OSU. Disappointed that things at BU didn't work out for him given the hype surrounding Wise's potential, but happy that he found success at OSU.

Comment

• The bookstore is offering a Frozen Four t-shirt and they're not shipping till April 7. Like, what?

Comment

• Wonder if you could pick them up there.

If anyone sees them there, could you please let us know here?

Comment

• It actually says they're shipping no later than April 7th. This means they could ship tonight, tomorrow, or any day between today and the 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                Colby has improved tremendously in the broadcast booth. He's a delight to watch/listen to, complementing and balancing out Bucci's over-the-top play-by-play style.
                He's great. And I always learn something. I wish the Frozen Four booth was just him and Bucci.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

He's great. And I always learn something. I wish the Frozen Four booth was just him and Bucci.
                  Who else will be with them?

For some reason Hockey East is giving out their weekly awards. Needless to say, BU won all of them. I just would have thought they would be done after the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Who else will be with them?

Barry Melrose. Cohen will be the third guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post

Barry Melrose.
                      Does anybody think this guy is good for college hockey? I say this every year, I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Does anybody think this guy is good for college hockey? I say this every year, I know.
                        He knows nothing about college hockey for some reason ESPN thinks he is a huge celebrity star. He hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Billy Jaffe is much better. Im not a huge Colby fan he is pretty vanilla and cliche. I like someone with an edge .

Comment

• I agree that Colby doesn't go out on a limb very often, but he is otherwise turning into an excellent color guy. And I think with more time he might get edgier. Still in the "don't rock the boat" phase.

I agree on Melrose - can we just be done with this guy?? Frankly it's pretty insulting that he gets to show up for the last two days of the season. I used to like him but am just tired of him at this point. Give Colby the #2 and pick someone new for the ice-level reporting.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I agree that Colby doesn't go out on a limb very often, but he is otherwise turning into an excellent color guy. And I think with more time he might get edgier. Still in the "don't rock the boat" phase.

I agree on Melrose - can we just be done with this guy?? Frankly it's pretty insulting that he gets to show up for the last two days of the season. I used to like him but am just tired of him at this point. Give Colby the #2 and pick someone new for the ice-level reporting.
                            They need the color guy with the gravelly voice that does the BU games he’s not shy. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

No

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                He knows nothing about college hockey for some reason ESPN thinks he is a huge celebrity star. He hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. Billy Jaffe is much better. Im not a huge Colby fan he is pretty vanilla and cliche. I like someone with an edge .
                                Yes, Jaffe is WAY better and he's current with both the college and pro game. Nice guy too...spoke with him at length a few years ago at the Worcester regional when we played Michigan (of course, Billy played for Michigan). Melrose is a has been.

Comment

Working...
                                X