BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I expect a much different and significantly better defensive performance from Cornell.
    You better believe it. Hopefully we have a strong defensive effort as well. I thought we did a great job blocking and deflecting shots today. Absolutely crucial in championship hockey. Keep it going….

Comment

• Red Hot Hockey to get to the Frozen Four - sign me up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        Denver was a huge disappointment, compete level was just not there for DU until the 3rd period. Credit Cornell for making Denver play Cornell's game.
        Yeah. We'd better score first.

Comment

• The universe is tilting Big Red. For Quinn’s last win (BU as a #4 and Cornell as a #1) and of course scoring with three seconds left. Hope I’m wrong.

Today was really fun. Up and down hockey all afternoon. BU’s goals were pretty.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• 5 goals against in last 7 games for Cornell is impressive

Comment

• This game scares me, as we have trouble against big, physical teams that knock us off stride. And also playing from behind. They need to come out of the gate flying right away and put Cornell on their heels or it's going to be a long afternoon...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                This game scares me, as we have trouble against big, physical teams that knock us off stride. And also playing from behind. They need to come out of the gate flying right away and put Cornell on their heels or it's going to be a long afternoon...
                Long to watch. Yesterday's second game was 30 minutes longer than the first. I'd rather watch paint dry than Cornell play with a two goal lead. The all eastern regional final is great!!!

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• I was surprised at how fast the BU/WMU game was, especially with the extended TV timeouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I was surprised at how fast the BU/WMU game was, especially with the extended TV timeouts.
                    The timeouts! I forgot about the timeouts. What is up with that? An extra 30 seconds? Nobody was prepared. Players were ready, officials were ready, fans were ready and the light was still red. The extra time is pretty great fast forwarding through breaks in OH ST/Harvard right now though.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• What the heck happened to Harvard today? I know they are usually not great in the tournament, but 8-1 to Ohio State? Jake Wise with 4 assists. 3 games in the first round won by 7 or 8 goals. Crazy

Comment

• This tournament has sucked *** so far. Today’s scores are brutal for our game. Looks like the Big Ten is the class of college hockey this season.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          This tournament has sucked *** so far. Today’s scores are brutal for our game. Looks like the Big Ten is the class of college hockey this season.
                          Yes. Maybe the worst I've ever seen. Almost unbelievable...so far (with the 3rd period still to go), THREE SHUTOUTS and ONE GOAL from the other losing team. 29-1. You couldn't even give a statistical probability to that...

Glad I'm not in Allentown. 16-0. Jeesh

Comment

• Hey Michigan is wearing maize! I thought we said that wasn't allowed or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Hey Michigan is wearing maize! I thought we said that wasn't allowed or something.
                              It's allowed because they're the home team and wearing the LIGHT colored jerseys. There has to be one light and one dark. The light can be white or something that's, well, not dark (not being sarcastic). The thing with Merrimack was that BU was wearing their white jerseys so Merrimack should have worn dark jerseys, not yellow.

Comment

• Watching QU pick apart Merrimack reminded me how a) scary and b) boring games against defensive teams can be. BU needs to put shots on net, and not worry about making a pretty play. We'll need the big guys (Peterson, Tuch, and Stevens) to play smart and disciplined. At the end of the day, it will come down to Fensore and Hutson being able to create offense against a defensive-minded team. I can't wait! Manchvegas, baby!
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X