This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post

Its probably an ESPN decision that they wanted Denver at a certain time. That does make sense. Its not strictly an NCAA decision.
    Which proves they don't care about attendance. Period. There are probably as many people AT the games as there are watching.

Comment

• All my work from home hockey-people family and friends are watching so I think the TV audience is larger.
      Tom T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
        All my work from home hockey-people family and friends are watching so I think the TV audience is larger.
        I was being a little sarcastic, but the point remains. The SAME number of Denver fans will be there whether the game is at 2:00 or 7:00, because they're already there.

Comment

• Keep the net empty.

I bet the over!

Comment

• Good win! Let's keep it going!

Comment

• 4 down, 3 to go.

Nicely done.

Comment

• The top 4 teams are all playing the late games. If they were able to choose, things would probably be different. ESPN must be expecting higher TV viewership for those games and want to showcase the top 4 seeds. As long as BU keeps winning, I don't care what time the games start.

Comment

• IMO, THIS is where Jay makes a huge difference. The team played smart and once they had a comfortable lead they didn't take any chances of getting caught up ice or giving up odd-man rushes. They basically just dumped it in and played defense in the third period. Which, to me, was an encouraging sign, because they have been "accused" of being an "offense only" team. We'll see what happens Saturday.

Comment

• Moving on! Loved that one - wish they could all be like that. Now 20-0 when scoring first. Really stepped on the gas in the middle of the game and got rewarded. The seniors stepped up their game, especially Matt Brown. Kudos to them all. Defense was solid. The nice thing about having the first game of the tournament and winning is relaxing and watching the next 7 games!

Comment

• Originally posted by terrier1976 View Post
                      As long as BU keeps winning, I don't care what time the games start.
                      Agree!! Great win. Go BU!!
                      Tom T.

Comment

• So, BU lost 6 HE games. This game is a nice boost to HE, maybe?
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          So, BU lost 6 HE games. This game is a nice boost to HE, maybe?
                          They did. But one was to BC when Commesso was sick and shouldn't have played...two more were to Merrimack when BU was in somewhat of a malaise period. It's a long season and the most important thing is to be playing well at the end of the year. As I write this, Cornell leads 2-0. Denver hasn't played much (I think someone said one game in twelve days) lately. You just never know with these things.

Comment

• So much for the defending national champs

Comment

• Denver was a huge disappointment, compete level was just not there for DU until the 3rd period. Credit Cornell for making Denver play Cornell's game.

Comment

• Western had some of the worst defenders I've seen us play all year. Our forwards repeatedly coasted right by them in transition with little effort - even our Fs who aren't known for speed like Skoog.

I expect a much different and significantly better defensive performance from Cornell.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X