Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is any indication BU has a good chance to beat Denver. When it was 1-0 it felt like 3-0 and now it is.

Comment

• Wow. That completely changes the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        If this is any indication BU has a good chance to beat Denver. When it was 1-0 it felt like 3-0 and now it is.
        You spoke too soon. Ssshhh!!!!

Comment

• WMU is one of the worst defensive teams I have seen all year. Maybe that's a feather in the cap for other HE teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            WMU is one of the worst defensive teams I have seen all year. Maybe that's a feather in the cap for other HE teams.
            I'm surprised they're still sending two men in to forecheck. Usually after you get burned about 20 times you stop that. Wisconsin tried that in 1978 at Providence and after O'Callahan blew by them a couple of times they backed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              You're right. Hence my comments about replay. Ten years ago that would have been a goal because play was not stopped on the ice and there would have been no review. So, hence the argument that "See, that's why they have replay. To get the call right.
              Not quite. You have appearantly forgotten the UML non-goal in the 2009 Hockey East Championship game. As I recall that was an extremely long review before being called no goal.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                Not quite. You have appearantly forgotten the UML non-goal in the 2009 Hockey East Championship game. As I recall that was an extremely long review before being called no goal.

Sean
                Wow...time flies I guess. I can't believe replay has been around THAT long. Yikes...

Comment

• Wow, we were really blowing by their D on the outside. Haven’t been able to do that in awhile.

Comment

• Just a comment between periods while I nervously await play to resume. The other thing the NCAA doesn't consider when determining times is where the schools are located. New England is a relatively small region. I can think of at least 15 schools right off the top of my head that are within less than three hours driving distance from anywhere. If a team has to travel a long distance (i.e., Denver), it DOESN'T MATTER when the game is. They're here and they're staying. They're not going to work the next day. So why you would put a LOCAL team at 2:00 p.m. where the fans have to miss work, especially when they could DRIVE to the game after work, makes NO sense. NONE. Put the local teams in the evening when the fans can get there. It doesn't matter when Denver plays...their fans aren't driving to work the next day. Oh, that's right...they don't care about attendance.

Comment

• Calling a timeout up 4-1, Jay Pandolfo has his finger on the pulse.

Comment

Just a comment between periods while I nervously await play to resume. The other thing the NCAA doesn't consider when determining times is where the schools are located. New England is a relatively small region. I can think of at least 15 schools right off the top of my head that are within less than three hours driving distance from anywhere. If a team has to travel a long distance (i.e., Denver), it DOESN'T MATTER when the game is. They're here and they're staying. They're not going to work the next day. So why you would put a LOCAL team at 2:00 p.m. where the fans have to miss work, especially when they could DRIVE to the game after work, makes NO sense. NONE. Put the local teams in the evening when the fans can get there. It doesn't matter when Denver plays...their fans aren't driving to work the next day. Oh, that's right...they don't care about attendance.
                        Yep that was my argument. BU should have been late game.

Comment

• Did I miss something? How do you get Webber on that? He got cross-checked in the back four times.

Comment

• You would also think the highest seed plays first so that they get extra rest. That would be Denver.
                            Tom T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
                              You would also think the highest seed plays first so that they get extra rest. That would be Denver.
                              Yeah, but to be fair, that argument sort of goes out the window with the day off in between now. But that's sort of the point...how DID they come up with this given that the "rest" doesn't have any bearing on it? Who MAKES these decisions? Do they even THINK? Do they have any common sense?

Comment

Yeah, but to be fair, that argument sort of goes out the window with the day off in between now. But that's sort of the point...how DID they come up with this given that the "rest" doesn't have any bearing on it? Who MAKES these decisions? Do they even THINK? Do they have any common sense?

Its probably an ESPN decision that they wanted Denver at a certain time. That does make sense. Its not strictly an NCAA decision.
                                Tom T.

Comment

Working...
                                X