This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Probably not selling upper sections until all lower are sold.
    I looked on Ticketmaster. Upper seats definitely not on sale. The seat map makes me think they are currently reserving a lot of the lower seats, some of which will soon be released. Or Ticketmaster is about to unleash its dynamic pricing.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

What were your thoughts on the infamous Parker headset incident (I think it was a headset) and his eating a sandwich? Sounds like you guys would be all over Scott Borek for those!
      I didn't like it and it cost him a further suspension, which was warranted.

I also didn't like some of the stuff Coach Walsh did at Alfond when they hosted BU after the water bottle incident (another Jack Parker gamesmanship special event - one which I thought was warranted, although he really shouldn't have done it - and as I recall, be got a bench minor for it and may have been ejected from the game).

And I recall Coach York was a bit of a sore loser back in 2000 when Maine defeated BC in the HE final. As was Coach Walsh in 1991 when BU defeated Maine.

So, yes many (most?) coaches can be sore losers.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        On this, we're in complete agreement.

Sorry about "petty" reference. I get a little passionate about my team sometimes.

I do appreciate your rules knowledge and generally encyclopedic knowledge of all things college hockey.

RENCEB
        Thanks for the kind words.

I have no problem with passionate fans, but I usually try to stay civil, even back when flame wars were in vogue.

BTW, back when I wrote to Hockey East and several ADs lobbying for Merrimack to be admitted to the league. I have no doubt my letters had zero influence, but I've always been a supporter of Merrimack being in the league.

Sean
        Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-19-2023, 10:02 PM.
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Anyone want to talk about our regional draw?

I like it. By the numbers, Western Michigan is a clone of us. Same goals/game and against. I’m hoping we will be able to play our preferred style. If we had to play Denver, I’m glad it’s in Manchester. I would actually love to see that game. We know we can match up with Cornell. I’m going to predict the upset in that game and say we’ll see a BU-Cornell final. In any case we need to win and get to Tampa. I live in Florida and the arena is about 2 hours away. Easiest FF for me and we haven’t made the previous ones here - let’s get it done BU!

Comment

• Bahaha Sean you can stop trying to compare what Cory Larose got away with to coaches challenging goals for no reason whatsoever

Comment

• As far as the jersey color, the rule exists so that any player who may have color blindness can tell the difference between the dark-color away jerseys and light-colored home jerseys.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Bummed about the 2:00 game time. So lame. I would have gone with the family for sure if it had been a more normal 7:00 PM game time. NCAA obviously does not care about attendance.
                Are you new here? These first round games are always at times like this.

Comment

• 2 on a Thursday does suck though. That has sleepy atmosphere written all over it. Even though Manchester is close enough, we'll see how it looks at puck drop. Hardcore fans take it off but a casual would be more likely to go on a Friday night/Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    His disregard for protocol rules shows a pattern of breaking NCAA rules and regulations, which I find troubling. Remember, he violated NCAA recruiting rules back in 2009 when he was associate head coach at UNH.

Furthermore, his challenge of BU's winning goal makes him look like a sore loser.

Sean
                    *****https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230320/c2f63da2aa81d76a6cd323576e67df84.jpg******
                    I snapped this pic during the postgame celebration, as it pretty much summed up Borek’s behavior - like a toddler sulking after being told he can’t have ice cream for breakfast.

I grew up in Maine, sat on the bench as a kid for the Blue/White game with Montgomery, Snow, and Dunham, and was at the “1” against BU for Maine’s 42-1-2 season in ‘93, so I experienced the best of the Parker/Walsh rivalry. A lot of it was an act to get players and fans fired up, and it worked. But this? Nah, it’s not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Boston University Terriers

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Are you new here? These first round games are always at times like this.
                      Right - which is why these are always played in front of arenas that are 20% full. I was at least hoping for the 2nd game.

Allentown is 5:00 and 8:30 game times.

zero reason to have a midday start on these.

Comment

Right - which is why these are always played in front of arenas that are 20% full. I was at least hoping for the 2nd game.

Allentown is 5:00 and 8:30 game times.

If the Manchester games were 5:00 and 8:30, the Allentown games would start at 2:00. You can't please everyone with game times. They want to give fans the opportunity to watch as many games as possible as the games need to be staggered. In previous years the game time was noon. It happens every year. Every single year. And every single year, people comment and complain like it's the first they've heard. No one complains about the NCAA basketball tournament. Those games start at noon.

I was assuming we would get the second game as our game is the 2 seed/3 seed game but it appears that every region is having the #1 seed play the later game now that there is an off day between the semis and final game. The off day bothers me more than a 2:00pm start.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          2 on a Thursday does suck though. That has sleepy atmosphere written all over it. Even though Manchester is close enough, we'll see how it looks at puck drop. Hardcore fans take it off but a casual would be more likely to go on a Friday night/Saturday afternoon.
                          Would prefer 2 on a Friday. I really do not like this day off between the semis and final.

Comment

• and I recall Coach York was a bit of a sore loser back in 2000 when Maine defeated BC in the HE final. As was Coach Walsh in 1991 when BU defeated Maine.

I remember the no call very well, Maine called time out, set up a play for an Ozone draw, Larose did a blatant hook of Mattau giving Demitrakos a direct path to the net. I think there was a second on the clock and Maine won. I never saw Fitzgerald ref another HE game, I guess the only one in the place that didn't see it was the ref. every that or he was afraid of Walsh. The Maine players were laughing about it. Had to be the worse no call I have seen.

Comment

• From this point on BU will have to play desperate and out hustle the opponent with no let up. Every team in the tournament is too good for us to play otherwise.

Comment

Well, not "zero." It's so that people can watch as many games on the ESPN networks with as little overlap as possible.

EDIT: Sorry, Scarlet...I didn't read your post before I wrote this...I know it's redundant.
                                Last edited by chickod; 03-20-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X