Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU vs. Providence at 4:00 pm is on the Hockey East website.

Comment

• Interesting matchups. Three defensive teams and one offensive team. Statistically it should be BU's to lose; however, they CAN'T get behind against these teams because they certainly know how to prevent goals. IMO the games tonight were pretty boring...PC / NU a yawner and BC / Merrimack was ridiculous. I didn't think anyone would score. Next week should be different because there will be more energy in the building. Lowell always brings a good contingent and Merrimack will bring a big crowd in what has been a storybook season. As for our game? It just seems as though we always have trouble against Providence (even going back to 1978).

Comment

• So I guess if you're a fan of the league you want anyone but BU to win. Merrimack could get in but probably not unless they make the final (or unless all the favorites win the other conference tournaments). If it's not Merrimack then it's BU and the tournament winner (which means it could just be BU). One of the worst years for Hockey East I can remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          So, since BC has been eliminated, does that mean BU will get to play the early game???
          Late game is best for tv
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Late game is best for tv
            But it wasn't in 2018?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Interesting matchups. Three defensive teams and one offensive team. Statistically it should be BU's to lose; however, they CAN'T get behind against these teams because they certainly know how to prevent goals. IMO the games tonight were pretty boring...PC / NU a yawner and BC / Merrimack was ridiculous. I didn't think anyone would score. Next week should be different because there will be more energy in the building. Lowell always brings a good contingent and Merrimack will bring a big crowd in what has been a storybook season. As for our game? It just seems as though we always have trouble against Providence (even going back to 1978).
              It will be very interesting to see how the matchups play out. I still think BU has to tighten up and play some defense - I think they gave up 4-5 breakaways last night and a bunch of odd man rushes. You can get away with that when you put up 7 goals but that ain’t happening verse top teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

But it wasn't in 2018?
                was it?!?!?!?! was it?!?!?!?! :-)

mookie did the game picker over on collegehockeynews. bu wins both and michigan loses, and umich still remains 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Interesting matchups. Three defensive teams and one offensive team. Statistically it should be BU's to lose; however, they CAN'T get behind against these teams because they certainly know how to prevent goals. IMO the games tonight were pretty boring...PC / NU a yawner and BC / Merrimack was ridiculous. I didn't think anyone would score. Next week should be different because there will be more energy in the building. Lowell always brings a good contingent and Merrimack will bring a big crowd in what has been a storybook season. As for our game? It just seems as though we always have trouble against Providence (even going back to 1978).
                  Agree completely, thank god it was one and done. Can't imagine sitting through that one or two more times.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    mookie did the game picker over on collegehockeynews. bu wins both and michigan loses, and umich still remains 4th
                    I don't think that really matters because either way you'll both be in Manchester. I guess the question would be can Harvard catch BU for 5th? That could bump BU out of Manchester and to Bridgeport with Quinnipiac. Maybe you'd prefer that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      BU vs. Providence at 4:00 pm is on the Hockey East website.
                      I think this means there was a "switch" at some point where the league and NESN came to some agreement about protecting the top seed. Mookie likes to remind us all that TV numbers are miniscule regardless but BU-Providence brings more eyes than Merrimack-UML. So they ended up doing what was done in 2018. BC was #1 seed and played BU in early game. But then I see in 2019 that #1 seed UMass played BC in late game. NU was #1 seed last year and got early game. Seems silly to flip flop around and worry about the TV numbers. The only scenario I kinda support tinkering around with is if Maine or Vermont are in the semis. Maybe give them the late game to allow for fans to get down to Boston. But even then the #1 seed should really be playing the early game. That's the reward for regular season results.

Comment

• Two quick things.

1) I loved seeing all those backdoor goals last night. Shades of 2009. (Jason Lawrence, my son's 8th grade health teacher, scored a ton of those goals.)
                        2) I loved, loved, loved that Jay gave a shout-out to the band during his presser. : ). #BandGeek

BU Hockey: Trophy Time
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Two quick things.

1) I loved seeing all those backdoor goals last night. Shades of 2009. (Jason Lawrence, my son's 8th grade health teacher, scored a ton of those goals.)
                          2) I loved, loved, loved that Jay gave a shout-out to the band during his presser. : ). #BandGeek

BU Hockey: Trophy Time
                          BU band is by far the best band in the nation in my humble opinion.

Comment

• Great win last night. The offense was humming. If Zabaneh finds the scoring touch, I think that’s huge because that guy can flat out skate! I too love the back door plays - they were on point with those. More of that please! Still need to clean up some things defensively. Commesso was mostly solid, but couldn’t cover up that one right in front of him that lead to a goal. He got his first HE Tournament win, so that’s good that he got that monkey off his back. I hope that’s a sign of good things to come.

I like the Providence draw for the semifinals. I think we match up well against them right now. Not too much history with them in the tournament with them lately- just the 2018 final win in the last 20 years. We won a few quarters matchups in 2002 and 2003. If we win, we’ll play the winner of the sludge match between Merrimack and Lowell. Not looking forward to that prospect, but would love to beat either of those teams for a championship. On to the Garden!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

BU band is by far the best band in the nation in my humble opinion.
                              Absolutely!!!! And they are responsible for me being a BU hockey nut. My freshman year I had no idea college hockey existed. I liked hockey (NHL), but wasn’t interested in even going to a game. When a friend in the band asked if I was going to a game, I said I didn’t think so. I didn’t even have a sports pass. They said no problem - I just carried in one of their instruments through the back door of Walter Brown. The game was against #1 Michigan State at the time - we won and I was hooked - the rest is history! I don’t think I missed a home game in my time at BU after that. I even started goin to road games where I could. I went on to room with band members in my remaining 3 years and they were some of my best friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I don't think that really matters because either way you'll both be in Manchester. I guess the question would be can Harvard catch BU for 5th? That could bump BU out of Manchester and to Bridgeport with Quinnipiac. Maybe you'd prefer that...
                                who's the first round there? last mookie saw manchvegas would be minn state which would be a toughie

Comment

Working...
                                X