• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Borek COTY
    Hutson ROTY
    Levi POTY

Rookie team: Gauthier, Wood, Greene, Hutson, Gustafsson, Svedeback or Sergeev

1st team: Jefferies, Brown, McDonough, Hutson, Lucas, Levi

That's how I think voting will go.
    Pretty much agree on these.

Borek and Hutson are locks. You could make a case for Hutson over Levi for POTY, but I still think it's Levi.

I'd make a case for Hryckowian over McDonough. The have the same stats in conference (14-15-29) but Hryckowian is outstanding on faceoffs (57%) and has 4 GW goals vs 2 for McDonough.

As for the goalie debate.......not going there.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Hockey East just announced some awards...best Defensive defenseman from Northeastern - Hunter McDonald. Best defensive forward from Northeastern - Justin Hryckowian.....interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post

Pretty much agree on these.

Borek and Hutson are locks. You could make a case for Hutson over Levi for POTY, but I still think it's Levi.

I'd make a case for Hryckowian over McDonough. The have the same stats in conference (14-15-29) but Hryckowian is outstanding on faceoffs (57%) and has 4 GW goals vs 2 for McDonough.

As for the goalie debate.......not going there.
        https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...ookie-team.php

Am I reading this correctly? We needed 5 forwards to be named to the all rookie team? And no goaltender?

Hunter McDonald as best defensive dman seems like an odd choice to me. Didn't see that one coming.

As for the goalie debate, good call. You have common sense
        Last edited by J.D.; 03-08-2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...ookie-team.php

Am I reading this correctly? We needed 5 forwards to be named to the all rookie team? And no goaltender?

Hunter McDonald as best defensive dman seems like a very, very odd choice to me.
          Maybe you haven't watched many Northeastern games but he is superb on defense and I believe one of the leaders in the country in block shots as is the entire NU team. Crazy that Hryckowian also won best defensive forward. You would think that would greatly help their goaltending having the best defensive defenseman and best defensive forward in the league in front of a goalie...maybe that's just me.
          Last edited by Lemonade; 03-08-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Yes, good defensive players help your goaltender. Elite breakdown by you once again. Hey, if the voters can identify good defensive players then surely they will also be able to identify the best goalie in the league. Can't wait to see who they pick!

Comment

Yes, good defensive players help your goaltender. Elite breakdown by you once again. Hey, if the voters can identify good defensive players then surely they will also be able to identify the best goalie in the league. Can't wait to see who they pick!

I wonder what goalie benefits from playing in front of the best defenseman and best defensive forward? Crazy voters recognized the best defenders and they were on northeastern.

Comment

• I kinda feel bad for Quinn Hutson. He's having a great freshman season. I might've given him the nod over Ryan Greene. It's kinda like when ERod got no recognition in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I kinda feel bad for Quinn Hutson. He's having a great freshman season. I might've given him the nod over Ryan Greene. It's kinda like when ERod got no recognition in 2015.
                  Agreed. You could certainly make a good argument for both Quinn--who led Hockey East with 5 game-winners--and Jeremy Wilmer who had an excellent second half, scoring 18 of his 27 points. Both outscored NU's Cam Lund in overall points. In conference points, Quinn had 19, Wilmer and Lund 17.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Looking like BC. What year did #8 BU (Who only got to #8 and a playoff slot when they pulled their goalie in a tie game against UNH) beat BC at Conte? We’re gonna pay for that aren’t we?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Looking like BC. What year did #8 BU (Who only got to #8 and a playoff slot when they pulled their goalie in a tie game against UNH) beat BC at Conte? We’re gonna pay for that aren’t we?
                      Incorrect sir. Maine just gagged against UVM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Looking like BC. What year did #8 BU (Who only got to #8 and a playoff slot when they pulled their goalie in a tie game against UNH) beat BC at Conte? We’re gonna pay for that aren’t we?
                        Pretty sure that was 2004. BC kind of had BU's number this year, but it's not going to happen, you're going to get UVM.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Pretty sure that was 2004. BC kind of had BU's number this year, but it's not going to happen, you're going to get UVM.
                          I'm ecstatic. I did NOT want to play BC.

Comment

• BC goes to Merrimack on Saturday!

Comment

• Phew. Jinx worked. : )
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                BC goes to Merrimack on Saturday!
                                Expect BC at the Garden. Book it!
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...