Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, lemonade. Everyone on the planet is wrong about this except you. You win again!

Comment

• Lane Hutson should be POY and it shouldn’t be close. A defenseman leading the league in scoring on the first place team. Should be a no brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        Lane Hutson should be POY and it shouldn’t be close. A defenseman leading the league in scoring on the first place team. Should be a no brainer.
        There's at least an argument for Hutson over Levi for POTY. There is zero argument for Drew Commesso over Levi...for anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

There's at least an argument for Hutson over Levi for POTY. There is zero argument for Drew Commesso over Levi...for anything.
          Let’s revisit in a few years..commesso is a more talented goalie will have a better pro career. Every single NHL team and their scouting department also backs that up a one went in the 2nd round and one went in the 6th round. But you must know better than hundred of pro scouts…if you are talking about Hockey East’s stats then yes Levi has better stats and there are reason for that as I stated. Tough for you to grasp I know. Some systems are conducive for be goalies stats and some aren’t. At no point did I say commesso should be POY or GOY.

As I stated TJ. Semptimphelter had a 2.05 gaa and a .934 with northeastern last year. He gave up 0,2,4,1,2,1,4,1…look familiar? seems like whoever NU plays in net puts up great stats huh…He has a 2.84 and a .913 this season at arizona state. To underestimate the team and system a team plays when it come to goaltending is asinine and just plain lazy. Levi like Perets are a product of defensive first systems.
          Last edited by Lemonade; 03-05-2023, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• https://thehockeywriters.com/the-top...ts-in-the-nhl/

I think the Athletic has Levi ranked higher etc

You're just on an island. Where you were drafted a couple years ago has nothing to do with how you have performed since then. If they did the draft over, Levi isn't going in the 6th round. You are literally the only person making a case for Commesso over Levi in the year 2023. It's par for the course though.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              https://thehockeywriters.com/the-top...ts-in-the-nhl/

I think the Athletic has Levi ranked higher etc

You're just on an island. Where you were drafted a couple years ago has nothing to do with how you have performed since then. If they did the draft over, Levi isn't going in the 6th round. You are literally the only person making a case for Commesso over Levi in the year 2023. It's par for the course though.
              One writer who isn’t even an nhl scout and who never played hockey - what an expert! No wonder why you are clueless if that’s where you get your info from. For some further evidence BUs “defenseman” have combined for 109 points while Northeasterns have combined for 62 total a points. Interesting huh…it’s like team has offensive defenseman and one has defensive defenseman.

Comment

• I also use this thing called Twitter and follow hockey people. Nobody has been saying Commesso is better than Levi. It's just a bizarre hill to die on. But just for you I'll try asking some scouts!

Comment

• Levi is the best goalie in the country for the second straight year!

Lane Hutson is BU's best player. HE Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year are more than possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

I'm thinking Dennehy from Merrimack (the Providence announcers even said it on the broadcast last night), as they have reached their highest point ever since they have been in Hockey East.
                    Or Ron Anderson.
                    Neither have been Merrimack coach in quite some time.

Scott Borek is Merrimack's coach. He is most likely He Coach of the Year.
                    Big props to Jay Pandolfo, who did everything that could be hoped for in his first season so far, outside of the Beanpot.

Comment

Let’s revisit in a few years..commesso is a more talented goalie will have a better pro career. Every single NHL team and their scouting department also backs that up a one went in the 2nd round and one went in the 6th round. But you must know better than hundred of pro scouts.
                      Angelo Esposito was drafted in the 1st round.

just sayin’
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Angelo Esposito was drafted in the 1st round.

just sayin’
                        Depietro went 1st overall too…doesn’t have any relevance. What are the odds that Northeastern has had two of last four Richter award winners? Odd…it’s almost like it a goalie successful system they play. Crazy that the backup who played 8’games last year for them also had fantastic stats…then transferred and stats came back to earth. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                          Levi is the best goalie in the country for the second straight year!

Lane Hutson is BU's best player. HE Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year are more than possible.
                          Nah it's all just Northeastern's vaunted defense. Scouts and GMs are beating down the door to watch Struble and company!

And yes, POTY is absolutely possible for Hutson. I just think voters will go with Levi. Maybe Commesso will get a participation ribbon.

BTW, if we want a real example of a goalie propped up by the team in front of him compared to his competition it would be Dryden McKay. Currently getting lit up in the ECHL. NHL teams were not lining up to sign him. The hockey world is not looking at Devin Levi like he is the next Dryden McKay.

Comment

• Buddy, Cayden Primeau left after his sophomore season. There is a reason for that. This is truly stunning stuff.

Comment

Depietro went 1st overall too…doesn’t have any relevance.
                              This you?

"Every single NHL team and their scouting department also backs that up a one went in the 2nd round and one went in the 6th round. But you must know better than hundred of pro scouts…"

Can't even keep your story straight.

Comment

• Did Eichel win POTY and ROTY?

Comment

Working...
                                X