No announcement yet.

BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they're afraid to shoot the puck. Or when they do they aren't open and it gets blocked.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Sheesh, tough crowd. You guys lost two in a row. It happens. Lost tonight on a horrible goal given up by Commesso. Ultimately I'm not sure anyone in Hockey East is gonna fare well in the NCAA tournament. Tonight was a PWR killer relatively speaking but losing two games in mid February doesn't define the season for BU. Time to get it back on track.
      I don't see a Hockey East team as a National contender at this point. BU is probably the best of the bunch but they play like an NHL regular season team and this would be playing in an NHL playoff series where teams get physical and that doesn't suit their strengths. Playoff hockey is a totally different animal. BU isnt a big tough team - they are a smaller fast/skill team and that can be shut down by a defensive minded system as we have seen. Does BU have a guy that you feel can come thru in the clutch to score a goal? There are a few good teams in Hockey East but I don't think there is a "GREAT" team. It seems teams like Denver, Western Michigan, St Cloud state, Minnesota are built for playoffs...dont see that in any HE team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I don't see a Hockey East team as a National contender at this point. BU is probably the best of the bunch but they play like an NHL regular season team and this would be playing in an NHL playoff series where teams get physical and that doesn't suit their strengths. Playoff hockey is a totally different animal. BU isnt a big tough team - they are a smaller fast/skill team and that can be shut down by a defensive minded system as we have seen. Does BU have a guy that you feel can come thru in the clutch to score a goal? There are a few good teams in Hockey East but I don't think there is a "GREAT" team. It seems teams like Denver, Western Michigan, St Cloud state, Minnesota are built for playoffs...dont see that in any HE team.
        Take off the blinders. Jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          And they're afraid to shoot the puck.
          I still think they're trying to make the perfect play. That's great when you're rolling. But when you hit a slump, you have to go back to basics. SHOOT the puck...maybe it will go in. Better than not getting off a shot at all.

Comment

• I’m sure this gets brought up all the time, but will the men’s team ever go back to the primary uniforms the women wear?

im sure I’m the minority but I really don’t like any of the three current options.

The primary red is too much red and shoulder stripes look weird.
            The Boston University ones are terrible
            The Terrier throwbacks aren’t good. The terriers is awful and the black outline is terrible.

Comment

I'm sure if you asked Drew he would own up to the fact he should have had that shot easily and that it was an ugly, ugly goal. Its significance is compounded by the fact that it happened late in a tie game against our #1 rival.
              Ya that was a very bad goal. I was looking at Benson's save percentage yesterday and surprised to see that Commesso only has a .909 on the year. Even in just Hockey East games he's down the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by toc View Post
                I’m sure this gets brought up all the time, but will the men’s team ever go back to the primary uniforms the women wear?

im sure I’m the minority but I really don’t like any of the three current options.

The primary red is too much red and shoulder stripes look weird.
                The Boston University ones are terrible
                The Terrier throwbacks aren’t good. The terriers is awful and the black outline is terrible.
                IIRC, they wore them a handful of times last year.

Also not a fan of the 70's terrier with the black outline on the lettering.

My favorite rotation if we are going with 3 jerseys would be the "primary" (not sure its official name), candy canes, 50's throwback style (Boston University ones).

Comment

Its significance is compounded by the fact that it happened late in a tie game against our #1 rival.
                  More to the point, it was very quickly after BU scored to tie it. BU should have had all the momentum after that goal and BC scored shortly thereafter to end that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Also not a fan of the 70's terrier with the black outline on the lettering.
                    Love those the best, by-far. With the Terrier on the front instead of a number. Clean and very sharp.

The old standby Red Wings jerseys are okay.

Comment

Ya that was a very bad goal. I was looking at Benson's save percentage yesterday and surprised to see that Commesso only has a .909 on the year. Even in just Hockey East games he's down the list.
                      His stats are off because of two games - Michigan when they had a 5 on 3 for 5 minutes and BC game when he was sick. Doesn’t help goalie stats the way BU plays either. Run and gun with 4 forwards on the ice. BU is trying to outscore you not limit your chances like some other teams. BU may have one defensive defenseman in Weber who plays regularly the rest are offensive dman. There is nothing more deceiving than goalie save percentage.

Comment

• Actually, a goalie's GAA is more deceiving. I'm not sure what stats you're looking at to measure a goalie but save percentage is usually at the top of the list.

Comment

• I think that if you've watched games this year, its clear to see that Drew has not been as good as he could be. His stats are very representative of his play. He's had a handful of great games, and many more just ok games.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Actually, a goalie's GAA is more deceiving. I'm not sure what stats you're looking at to measure a goalie but save percentage is usually at the top of the list.
                            When the stats don't support the story you want to promote, attack the stats. However, I agree that the stats by themselves, without additional information, can be misleading. That's one of the reasons that a number of sites now use advanced goals stats, such as xSV%, GSAA, QS and ASV%.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Brian Durocher is retiring from head coach of the women’s team. 10th all time in wins and a great all-around person.

Staying at BU as special assistant to the AD.

Comment

Actually, a goalie's GAA is more deceiving. I'm not sure what stats you're looking at to measure a goalie but save percentage is usually at the top of the list.
                                A goalie could see 50 shots from redline on the ice and would have a 1.00 Save Percentage while one goalie could see 50 breakaways and save 45 of them and have a .900 save percentage.

Comment

Working...
                                X