This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by navy44 View Post

I guess the Canadian World Jr Team and the Canadian Olympic Team could use your expertise. .......because they can't seem to find too many more goalies in all the dominions Canada to fill out their roster recently............. :-)
    Canada has all the goal scorers so the USA has to have a all the goalies to stop them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Canada has all the goal scorers so the USA has to have a all the goalies to stop them.
      (I'm starting to have fun..... :-) So Canada has no goalies, and USA has no goal scorers..............and team USA is just like Northeastern........ :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

But I'm going on Monday! Let's meet up in the Loge and watch together with 400 of our closest friends. : )
        We'll definitely have to meet up. I'll be with the same three work-related friends that I go with every year (not my current employer, my previous one (and Scarlet's current one :-)). The son of one of them is the Operations Manager of the Garden (or something along those lines). Anyway, our seats are almost always behind the benches, around 10 -15 rows up.

Another consolation game note - I think it was at one of them that Alex Priviterra cemented his future at BU (or lack thereof) by taking a really stupid major penalty after being upset that there was no call on the guy who laid him out. He got up, chased the guy down length of the ice and laid him out on a completely illegal hit. Not a smart move...
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Another consolation game note - I think it was at one of them that Alex Priviterra cemented his future at BU (or lack thereof) by taking a really stupid major penalty after being upset that there was no call on the guy who laid him out. He got up, chased the guy down length of the ice and laid him out on a completely illegal hit. Not a smart move...
          That was definitely at the Garden. Not sure if it was a consolation game or not. Pretty sure Parker cut him after that. He had been given several warnings. And wasn't it Alexx?

Comment

Barbara Green has sucked for 30 years. It ain't the building.
            Jeez...I was just being sarcastic...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

That was definitely at the Garden. Not sure if it was a consolation game or not. Pretty sure Parker cut him after that. He had been given several warnings. And wasn't it Alexx?
              Yes, I think it was Alexx - wasn't sure if the odd double lettering was in his first or second name. I think it was the consolation game, only because I feel like there weren't many people in the stands and I was sitting pretty close to the action (not my actual seat).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I along with many NHL scouts think Commesso is a far and away better goalie than Levi. If you swapped teams and systems commesso would have better stats than Levi. BU plays a wide open style whereas the defense is part of the offense and that system tends to give up a lot on the defensive side of the puck. NU plays a sound defensive scheme where they pack it in and block shots and keep offenses on the outside. Rarely do they ever give up odd man rushes. Goalie stats are massively misleading. The difficulty of shots commesso saved vs what Levi saved in the beanpot was an example of this. Levi’s toughest save was a glove save where the shot went right into his glove - sound positioning but he sold it with some extra windmill flair. Commesso was busy saving 3 on 1s. In both NU victories verse BU this season the huskies blocked 20 and 21 shots. That’a impressive and makes the life of a goalie real easy.
                Catch any of the NU/PC game last night? 54 saves for Levi and about 10 odd man rushes. Your first sentence is one of the most incorrect takes I've seen in 15 years on this site, truly impressive stuff.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Yes, I think it was Alexx - wasn't sure if the odd double lettering was in his first or second name. I think it was the consolation game, only because I feel like there weren't many people in the stands and I was sitting pretty close to the action (not my actual seat).
                  Boston University Shuts Down Alexx Privitera for the Season - SB Nation College Hockey (sbncollegehockey.com)

Pretty sure the double X was an homage to a grandparent. Also recall that Jack was fed up with hearing from his mother with a litany of complaints. Much better group of Jersey guys on the current squad: Brown, Kaplan, the Hutsons. :-)
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

Catch any of the NU/PC game last night? 54 saves for Levi and about 10 odd man rushes. Your first sentence is one of the most incorrect takes I've seen in 15 years on this site, truly impressive stuff.
                    You aren’t good at comprehending are you? My point is when NU plays their style they don’t play like that. Last night Levi gave up 3 because the defense sucked. Get it? When they play well they block shots and defend well. The games they beat BU they averaged 20.5 blocked shots and played well. The games they lose they try to play run and gun and Levi is average.

Comment

You aren’t good at comprehending are you? My point is when NU plays their style they don’t play like that. Last night Levi gave up 3 because the defense sucked. Get it? When they play well they block shots and defend well. The games they beat BU they averaged 20.5 blocked shots and played well. The games they lose they try to play run and gun and Levi is average.
                      They played run and gun last night and he was the only reason why they won in a shootout. He's been "average" like 4 games in 2 years. Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. But keep chatting up your "scouts" lmao
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

They played run and gun last night and he was the only reason why they won in a shootout. He's been "average" like 4 games in 2 years. Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. But keep chatting up your "scouts" lmao
                        Sour you guys in are 20th huh? Enjoy the beanpot it will be the last meaningful game of your season. Chat that up.

Comment

• Good old Alexx Privitera. Wasn't his brother on the team as well? Or at least in Hockey East?

Alexx's hockey career ended in 2018 with a 4,18,22,60 line. Yep, 60 penalty minutes in 50 games played. Seems about right.

While on the subject of the Terrier Razzie Reel, who remembers Adrian Aucoin scoring his first collegiate goal against Dartmouth to make the score 7-1 and celebrating like he won the Beanpot in OT and getting sent right down the tunnel by Jack? Classic.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Good old Alexx Privitera. Wasn't his brother on the team as well? Or at least in Hockey East?

Alexx's hockey career ended in 2018 with a 4,18,22,60 line. Yep, 60 penalty minutes in 50 games played. Seems about right.

Wasn't there a Privitera on UVM when they were still making NCAA appearances? Or is this the same guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post

Wasn't there a Privitera on UVM when they were still making NCAA appearances? Or is this the same guy?
                              Alexx and his brother Jarrid both committed to BU, when Alexx left BU for UVM his brother followed him there and played 4 years for them.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Good old Alexx Privitera. Wasn't his brother on the team as well? Or at least in Hockey East?

While on the subject of the Terrier Razzie Reel, who remembers Adrian Aucoin scoring his first collegiate goal against Dartmouth to make the score 7-1 and celebrating like he won the Beanpot in OT and getting sent right down the tunnel by Jack? Classic.
                                I do!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X