X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    BU looked gas.
    Bingo. (Assuming you meant 'gassed')

The lack of depth, or trust in the depth, at D could be their downfall. I haven't looked at toi stats (if they're even accessible) but I can't imagine Copeland and Page saw much action.

When he was out there, I saw Copeland make a play I wouldn't expect my 12u to make...had plenty of time, but throws a backhand up the wall into 3 BC players when a reverse around the net was wide open.
    Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      He seemed fine after the game during the interview with Laura Stickells. I think he was just exhausted, as he should be. He was bombarded all night.
      She lost all hope of being a considered an actual journalist by not asking him why he was scuffling with several BC players after the final whistle.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
        She lost all hope of being a considered an actual journalist by not asking him why he was scuffling with several BC players after the final whistle.
        I'll take Bizarre Overreactions for $800, Alex.

Perhaps all of the takes on the D, energy level, lack of leadership should take a beat given the team played the weekend without their captain and arguably best D. They skated 5 D all night, I didn't see Getz or Page once. One of those 5 is, at best, a reserve D when at full strength. Those guys were absolutely gassed - as any team playing that number of guys would be.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Great seeing the Terriers back at the top of the college hockey world.

I’ve posted before that as a suburban Boston early 1970s young teenager with family ties to the school, BU was the first college hockey team on my radar and is now (a distant) second to UNH as my favorite college hockey team. Amusingly, back in the day, the family connections were pretty much like, “Hockey? Yeah I hear about that sometimes. I think there’s a rink somewhere on campus”.

Rooting all the way for BU this weekend and not dissing BC, the Terriers were clearly the better team. Commesso made some great saves for sure, but he played his game. It wasn’t like he was standing on his head, flopping all over the ice. His play gives his teammates confidence to play their games and the results show.

The penalties are a concern, but grit is good. For sure, if I were as emotionally connected to the team as I am to UNH, I would be losing my mind over some of them. The second BU goal last night was a clinic. It looked like the Terriers were running a drill in practice, just like it was drawn on the white board.

I have my Manch regional seats, fingers crossed that BU is there too.
          Last edited by Darius; 01-29-2023, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post
            Who are the announcers for tonight’s game?
            Play by play is Tyler Murray. Former NH FisherCats and now Woo Sox announcer. Has done UMass pucks as well, I believe. He is a BU alum. Sounds like Dave Goucher to me- really top notch. Wouldn't mind hearing him in place of Jack Edwards someday (next year?)
            Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              I'll take Bizarre Overreactions for $800, Alex.
              Did I expect it? No, but excuse me for wanting to hear something meaningful from an athlete in a post game interview especially after the second chippy game of a rivalry weekend.

It's Mayim and Ken now. Welcome to 2023. ;-)

Last edited by Darius; 01-29-2023, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• What to say about this weekend? It was a special weekend for a special team. Not a lot of home and home sweeps in this series. Despite their record, BC most of the time played like a top tier team. They have the best stick play I have seen all year and disrupted numerous offensive chances. They move it around on offense with the best of them as well. I’m baffled that they have a .500 record.

I mentioned last week that we were in great pairwise shape. Well it’s now getting to the point where we’re assured an NCAA berth. If you’re top 4 when February begins, you’re in. If UConn had beaten Quinnipiac last night, we would have been #2. A 1 seed in Manchester is looking really like a strong possibility right now. Feeling really good. Game up in Maine should be fun to watch next Friday. I also agree the Beanpot should be a hotly contested affair this year, despite BU being the favorite. Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Did I expect it? No, but excuse me for wanting to hear something meaningful from an athlete in a post game interview especially after the second chippy game of a rivalry weekend.

It's Mayim and Ken now. Welcome to 2023. ;-)
                  I can guess what Commesso said - it went “go #}^*+**^^you piece of %%*+*^^Get off my ice….”

he did go onto say he hates the eagles as he grew up a BU fan.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post

Play by play is Tyler Murray. Former NH FisherCats and now Woo Sox announcer. Has done UMass pucks as well, I believe. He is a BU alum. Sounds like Dave Goucher to me- really top notch. Wouldn't mind hearing him in place of Jack Edwards someday (next year?)
                      Not a fan. Sorry. He sounds like an SNL parody of an announcer. Dave Goucher and Jack Edward’s jobs are safe.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Did I miss it … or why is there no highlight reel posted from last night’s win over BC & the postgame interview with Panda?

Comment

• Originally posted by LBSk8r View Post
                          Did I miss it … or why is there no highlight reel posted from last night’s win over BC & the postgame interview with Panda?
                          I'm pretty sure the game video would be owned by BC, I haven't seen it.

But if you want postgame pressers, follow the team's Twitter account, they tweet it every game. https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...51748510863361
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Curious to think what the lineup would be when Phillips comes back? Put him in Peterson's spot and move Peterson down to line 4 and dress 13 F?

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I'm pretty sure the game video would be owned by BC, I haven't seen it.

But if you want postgame pressers, follow the team's Twitter account, they tweet it every game. https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...51748510863361
                              Bernie Perisie, a videographer in the Agganis Marketing Dept. tweeted that he's preparing something on the BC series. Not a traditional highlights video, most likely. He's done some very good, creative hockey videos.

https://***********/bernieperisie/st...cWLd-Ro9rASVrw
                              Last edited by Rogie21; 01-30-2023, 09:55 AM.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Polls come out today - should be fun for discussion. BU is up to #3 in pairwise. I think Minnesota will move up to #1 but BU may slide into the #2 spot above Quinnipiac but most likely BU will be #3 is my guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X