This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Section 6, Row S View Post
    It was a Friday night but otherwise agreed. Tomlinson was a great player and a consistent scorer. Aside from the broadcasting success, I’m glad he got in a few NHL games.
    Yes you are right that year was Friday/Sunday and the Final was in the afternoon. BU game started at 5PM and BC almost beat Wisconsin losing 2-1 in the nightcap. That was probably as an exciting year as I can remember despite not finishing it off. Beating both N Dakota and MSU in 3 game series after losing the first game used to be a much tougher road. 1991 was another exciting year with an excruciating finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Jofa - you are correct. Tomlinson did score a 5 on 3 short handed goal against Harvard. During the pandemic when there was no sports, NESN showed that game. It was fun the relive that. And hey, no comments from you about this game? I mean, you had no problem posting your thoughts about the Michigan Tech loss. .
      They needed a signature win to back up their record and they finally got it and Commesso played at a high level in a big matchup ( Harvard game too) which is good to see. For much of the game I had some other thoughts queued up but didn’t have to share them luckily. Cornell is very legit always tough so this is probably the best I have felt about the team all year
      Last edited by Jofa; 01-14-2023, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• That was one excellent college hockey game.

Comment

• AJ Greer scored tonight and Matt Grzelcyk with the game winner. Everything is coming up Terriers!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Hope the coaching staff reaches out to Malinski from Cornell if he's pursuing another year of college hockey. Heck of a player

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
              Hope the coaching staff reaches out to Malinski from Cornell if he's pursuing another year of college hockey. Heck of a player
              Malinski and Fensore the two best players on the ice.

Comment

• I thought Fensore had his best game of the year. And that’s saying a lot since he’s having a great year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I thought Fensore had his best game of the year. And that’s saying a lot since he’s having a great year.
                  Between them L.Hutson and Fensore have 7 game-winners. Lane leads all D1 d-men with four, Dom is tied for second with three.

BU Oldtimer provided the Terrier Takeaway for today’s blog post. Spot-in insights as always.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Wow the refs were wearing Red jerseys yesterday…..what did you have 8 5 in 3s in the second period?

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

Malinski and Fensore the two best players on the ice.
                      Malinski was best player at Red Hot Hockey last year as well. Great player with the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                        Wow the refs were wearing Red jerseys yesterday…..what did you have 8 5 in 3s in the second period?
                        I mean, a clear faceoff violation is not a tough call to make.

Don't think BU has a 5 on 3 goal all year so technically, the refs were setting us up for failure. I think they were wearing white jerseys.

Comment

Wow the refs were wearing Red jerseys yesterday…..what did you have 8 5 in 3s in the second period?
                          I miss emoji’s. Cause this post deserves a giant eye roll.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Love the 1978 throwback red uniforms.
                            Keep the Dog, the numbers on the front are not necessary at Agganis (the numbers originally replaced the dog because it was difficult to identify the players from the end zone box at Walter Brown).
                            And great decision to wear them at home against Cornell.

Got a kick out of the Cornell fans chanting "Let's Go Red" the entire game, when their team was in white and the opposition was wearing RED. Are they really Ivy League? And if they are the "Big Red," what is that bear doing hugging the "C"?

Two really good teams, great game, great crowd (with the students still away) and major props to the ALUMNI Band, who are as good as ever.

Comment

Those were absolute blatant calls…a high stick that almost took a helmet off and a face off violation. The players that committed the penalties knew they were penalties too.

Comment

• Jofa - you are probably right about the Colgate game being on TV. I was at the game, so I can't say it wasn't. I guess the reason I thought it wasn't is that I have yet to see any video clips from that game, including from the man with them all, Sean Pickett. And yeah, I think Wisconsin was beating anyone that year, they were very good.

Yesterday's game - I was extremely frustrated with the second 5 on 3 (the first one was very brief). I just don't understand what the rationale is with making 10 passes and ending up in the exact same position you were in, but you've run off 30 seconds and haven't taken a shot. I get that there is an element of trying to see how Cornell is defending it and figure out how to isolate someone, but you can't just waste all that time. And why do we not have either of the guys at the "Pastrnak/Ovechkin" spots be on their off side so they can take a one-timer? Every time we passed to these guys, by the time they would turn to get into shooting position, someone was blocking the lane. Maybe have them switch sides?

Other than that I was obviously happy with the result. What a great play at the end, especially by Brown. He has really blossomed this year.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X