This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

If he had become BU HC, consider how differently BU hockey history may have played out.
    heck, just hockey history (and general history).
    eruzione tells how he was set to go play at a smaller school but in a summer league he ran into parker, who started talking of rizzo's plans and suggested he consider bu.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

A few days ago, Mark Divver tweeted that several Brown senior defensemen are expected to enter the portal. Krys is their top defenseman and team captain as well. A year ago he had 13 points (3G,10A), so he had a hand in 25% of Brown's 50 total goals. Was 2nd team all-Ivy, led D1 in blocks/game and was 2nd in total blocks. He'd bring some size at 6'2" (Chad was 5'11", dad Mark 6'0") and experience/leadership to a group losing four seniors. He'd be ideal if he was a left shot (he isn't) b/c Lane Hutson and Cade Webber are the only returning left shots and both Gavin McCarthy and Aiden Cellibrini are also right shots.
      Crossman and Albert https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Cornell should be a serious challenge and BU will need to have a good game on defense. Stay out of the box!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

heck, just hockey history (and general history).
          eruzione tells how he was set to go play at a smaller school but in a summer league he ran into parker, who started talking of rizzo's plans and suggested he consider bu.
          Wasn't he going to Merrimack, which was a local D2 power back then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post

Wasn't he going to Merrimack, which was a local D2 power back then?
            I believe that is right. And I believe Parker wasn't just hanging out at the rink - he was reffing the game.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Former Terrier great Dave Tomlinson will be at the game tonight. He's one of the radio guys for the Seattle Kraken and they're in Boston to play the Bruins tomorrow.
              Tomlinson is the definition of under-appreciated (or at least always in the shadows of others). His 179 points are 7th all time at BU. Has there ever been a quieter 30-goal, 60-point season than the one he had in 90-91? He was 4th on that team, behind McEachern (82), Amonte (68), and D. Sacco (61). I believe he won Top Defensive Forward in Hockey East one year, but I could be wrong. He was a beast against Colgate in the '90 semis, but the game wasn't on TV and we lost, so he didn't get a lot of recognition for it (the McEachern post shot in the waning seconds was deservedly a focal point of the reporting).

It's great to see that Sniper has had such a successful broadcasting career post-playing days.

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I believe that is right. And I believe Parker wasn't just hanging out at the rink - he was reffing the game.
                That's correct. Summer of 1973 and Jack was still assistant coach under Leon Abbott. BU had just lost two recruits. One was Pat Hughes who went to Michigan and then played 573 NHL games, mostly with Pittsburgh and Edmonton. So Parker was looking to fill two spots. According to Mike's auto biography written with Neal Boudette, "Making of a Miracle," Parker gave him a full scholarship the next day--$3,200. The player who filled the other open roster spot: Rick Meagher, who was planning to go to Clarkson, but joined his brother Terry at BU. Pretty good late pick-ups.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Brown. Again. Setting everything up.

What a player.

Comment

• That was an enjoyable game to watch. Obviously I'm not thrilled with the end result but credit to BU for coming back. Cornell could've easily been up 2 or 3 goals if not for Commesso and some posts given how much freedom they had near the net in the 1st and 2nd

Comment

• Wow - what a finish! Wish I was there today. Character win coming back 3 times and getting the W very late. This one will pay dividends down the road.

Comment

• Best game of the year!

Comment

• I agree on Dave Tomlinson one of the best ever to play at BU and a sniper. Scored (I believe) a 5 on 3 shorthanded goal against Harvard in a Beanpot final rout. I also believe that BU Colgate NCAA Semi was on TV I believe it was an afternoon start on a Thursday. Unless I just dreamed that I watched it. Frustrating loss they were way better than Colgate. But Wisconsin was a very dominant champ that year

Comment

• Phenomenal hockey game!!! And fun to watch from section 118 with the alumni pep-band. (I need to ice my lips) Huge win, great atmosphere, and as noted below, big character win. I love this team.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              I agree on Dave Tomlinson one of the best ever to play at BU and a sniper. Scored (I believe) a 5 on 3 shorthanded goal against Harvard in a Beanpot final rout. I also believe that BU Colgate NCAA Semi was on TV I believe it was an afternoon start on a Thursday. Unless I just dreamed that I watched it. Frustrating loss they were way better than Colgate. But Wisconsin was a very dominant champ that year
                              It was a Friday night but otherwise agreed. Tomlinson was a great player and a consistent scorer. Aside from the broadcasting success, I’m glad he got in a few NHL games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                                The game of the year is on Saturday. I don't want to hear Scarlet, or that mookie character, or anyone else say otherwise

It really was!

That was like a playoff game. Solid hockey for the full 60 minutes. Great atmosphere. Bomber - the alumni band was outstanding. I was getting antsy about their lack of power play goals. I feel like they were passing way too much. And then a huge power play goal to tie it!! I actually didn’t think Hutson’s goal went in. What a rocket. This team, man.

Jofa - you are correct. Tomlinson did score a 5 on 3 short handed goal against Harvard. During the pandemic when there was no sports, NESN showed that game. It was fun the relive that. And hey, no comments from you about this game? I mean, you had no problem posting your thoughts about the Michigan Tech loss. This game was great. Surely you can scrounge up some faint praise.

On to Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X