This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Yes - Rogie and I went there before the game, having no idea that it had been closed for a period of time. The good news is that the food was very tasty. The bad news is that they had no draft beverages yet, messed up the food order, and the service was very slow. But they were good about it - took some $$ off the tab without us asking them to, and they were very apologetic. Seems they are just dealing with the same staffing challenges as everyone, plus trying to reopen.
    I admit I have not been in some time - probably sometime last hockey season. Looking online at their menu (assuming it is updated) it looks like they went full on Mexican? I wonder if they changed hands.

Hopefully they make it… it would be a bummer to be without an easy pregame spot.

Comment

• Some food for thought..... of the current seniors, how many still have an additional year's eligibility due to the NCAA Covid policy decision? Most of them, I would think.

And of those, are there some that might like to stay and might also benefit from another year of college development play (vs. doing time in the AHL)?

And of those, who might comprise the most desirable pool of BU grad players? Experienced player leadership has benefited the whole team this year, in my opinion.

Comment

• RE: Sunset Cantina
        My understanding is it reopened under new ownership. Not having T's nor Sunset has been a bit of a change; my group and I have tried Otto, Cornwall's, Tavern in the Square in Allston, and Lulu's so far this season for pre-game.

Sunset is preferred for convenience and I'm not surprised to hear the kinks with its reopening.

RE: Extra eligibility
        I believe all of the current Seniors have the additional year of eligibility. I imagine some will not use it, others will use it but transfer to another institution, and some will remain at BU for their 5th season of college hockey. I wouldn't be shocked if multiple Seniors who are regulars in the lineup choose to remain at BU for a 5th season.

Comment

• Defender of the Week honors for Fensore. Lane Hutson named to US WJC roster.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            Defender of the Week honors for Fensore. Lane Hutson named to US WJC roster.
            I see that Tyler Boucher is on the list. It will be interesting to see if he makes the last cut. What a stiff he was in his brief time here.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I see that Tyler Boucher is on the list. It will be interesting to see if he makes the last cut. What a stiff he was in his brief time here.
              I have no idea who that is. He played here? When?

Comment

• Ryan Greene was named to Canadian roster along with Adan Fantilli of Michigaan
                Canadians try to avoid picking US college players but don't overlook high end talent
                Boucher must be playing well as US doesn't like to select players playing junior hockey

Comment

• Oh man, I was just going to say that only losing one player will be good but totally forgot there are other countries we need to worry about. I feel like Ryan Greene has cooled off a bit. Hoping to see more of him this weekend.

And can somebody explain to me why the game against Harvard at WBA on the 30th isn't part of the season ticket package? I didn't realize it had to be a separate purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    And can somebody explain to me why the game against Harvard at WBA on the 30th isn't part of the season ticket package? I didn't realize it had to be a separate purchase.
                    I thought they announced that tickets were free for season ticket holders?

Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                      Was just coming here to edit my post to say that I saw on the STH resources page that they were indeed free for season ticket holders. Then I tried to order and it kept showing that I had to pay. I tried a few different ways and FINALLY got it so they were $0 charge. Don't ask me how as I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        that was my understanding. They are free for season-ticket holders, but they weren’t automatically giving them to everybody. You had to go on and request them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                          Ryan Greene was named to Canadian roster along with Adan Fantilli of Michigaan
                          Canadians try to avoid picking US college players but don't overlook high end talent
                          Boucher must be playing well as US doesn't like to select players playing junior hockey
                          Canada's tryout camp starts Friday, so no Greene for BC and UConn. US camp begins next Monday.
                          Colby Cohen interviewed Greene (after his 5 pt. weekend) and Commesso for the Blackhawks' podcast. Included in today's long blogpost. Also an NHL.com interview with Lane's and Quinn's Dad, Rob Hutson.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

BC's 2023 class is exceptionally strong and the group we saw Saturday didn't include the high-end goalie they recently committed. However, BU's class should be pretty good based on USHL performance. It includes 3 of the leagues' top 8 goal scorers: Harvey with 16 is #1 (also leads in points- 30), Celebrini and Lachance with 11 each, tied for 3rd. Gavin McCarthy is 4th in scoring for Ds and is rostered to the US Select Team for the World Junior A Challenge.
                            I agree that BC's incoming group for next year looks very strong. I was impressed by many of them in the NTDP-18 game. However, we should remember that today's 'commit' can be tomorrow's de-commit (witness: Ryan Fine). Commitments don't seem to mean what they used to, and the 'free agent' NCAA rules of today only further that. And, with the season BC is having, it may shake some loose given the change of regime at the 'Heights'.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

And, with the season BC is having, it may shake some loose given the change of regime at the 'Heights'.
                              They already signed their NLI’s. Only way they would be able to de-commit is if the team doesn’t have space, offer intended scholarship $, mutual release of NLI, or academic acceptance issue.

Other note, no Greene this weekend will hurt up front. I’m guessing Zabaneh will step in to his role potentially. Definitely going to need to find some playmaking and product from some other lines.

Comment

• Is anyone else's Agganis .com password not working on the TD Garden website for this new Beanpot ticket thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X