Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled it out! What a 2nd period - put that one in the trash. With all the penalties, it really threw us off our game. Great response in the 3rd. Good teams do that. I was impressed with UNH’s ability to disrupt our sticks. UNH played hard. Our skill won out. Good win. Let’s do it again tomorrow!

Comment

• Well it wasn't pretty, but at the end of the day they pulled away when they needed to. As BU93 said, good teams do that, and I would add that well-coached teams do. 29 for UNH was a stud - two goals and dominant in the face-off circle. Let's see if BU finds a way to neutralize him more tomorrow night.

Lane Hutson with 3 more assists. And his play on the 5th goal was a great example of why he is so special. Also nice to see Phillips pot one - he's had a slow go of it. The second goal was also a thing of beauty.

Let's keep it rolling at Agganis tomorrow. I'll be there. Bomber - you going?
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• BU drops to 5 in schedule strength! What the heck is going on at Merrimack!? 11-4 and #7 in the Pairwise at the moment. Anyone see this coming?

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Let's keep it rolling at Agganis tomorrow. I'll be there. Bomber - you going?
          I’m in NYC seeing the first born in a show. I’ll be at that lonely Harvard game post Christmas. Oh, and going to Conte next week.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I went last night in person. Fun game to be at. as you all saw, BU game out strong, UNH picked it up in the 2nd and by the end of it all BU got the job done.

On the game:

- The whole review of the first goal was weird. From where I sat, I thought it was clearly a goal, and then questioned myself once nothing was done. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them put 3 minutes back on the clock. If goal judges were still a thing it would have been called instantly.

- I guess the UNH goalies 5 minute major was warranted, although we were at the other end of the ice, but info think we got away with one with the cross check in front before the spear retaliation.

- Fensore’s “bank one of the goalies back” was nifty.

All in all a solid game. It is nice to see them win games like this that they “should” win…. I know that is something that has often bitten us in years past.

Comment

• Off the ice, I had not been to the Whitt in years. It really is a great place to watch a game. Similar bowl to Agganis, but without all the "luxury" suites boxing in the playing area and separating the concessions from the ice itself. I think the fact that it is so open really adds to the atmosphere. I'm sure the suites are a money maker (are they?) but BU would do well to add to the average fans experience by eliminating 50+% of the suites and also shifting the location of the concession stands that block the view from the few open slots they have down to the ice.

We could also tell whoever manages our concessions to look to UNH for how to do it - little things, but the pizza was better, French Fries and Chicken Fingers were better (we did not try the hot dogs / burgers) beer selection was better (and they gave you a glass for your beer) - and all the concessions take cash.

All in all a better fan experience IMO.

When did they shrink the ice size down to normal?

Comment

• You saw the new ice. Over/done!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Off the ice, I had not been to the Whitt in years. It really is a great place to watch a game. Similar bowl to Agganis, but without all the "luxury" suites boxing in the playing area and separating the concessions from the ice itself. I think the fact that it is so open really adds to the atmosphere. I'm sure the suites are a money maker (are they?) but BU would do well to add to the average fans experience by eliminating 50+% of the suites and also shifting the location of the concession stands that block the view from the few open slots they have down to the ice.

We could also tell whoever manages our concessions to look to UNH for how to do it - little things, but the pizza was better, French Fries and Chicken Fingers were better (we did not try the hot dogs / burgers) beer selection was better (and they gave you a glass for your beer) - and all the concessions take cash.

All in all a better fan experience IMO.

When did they shrink the ice size down to normal?
                  Don’t know. It is comfortable up there, but the view from high above the goal is not ideal.

Wow. Agganis concessions must REALLY suck. The glass is a plastic cup, right? Glass projectiles in the Whitt would not be a good idea right now. :-)

This past off season. It had been on the team’s radar for years. Supposedly the big ice was a recruiting disadvantage. Much discussion about that on the UNH threads the past few years. The floor had to be dug up for refrigeration system replacement. The old system was failing and it made sense financially to decrease the ice surface at the same time. Funding to adjust seating/sight lines was not available nor was funding for the ultimate renovation which would have included new and improved home and visiting team facilities.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Don’t know. It is comfortable up there, but the view from high above the goal is not ideal.

Wow. Agganis concessions must REALLY suck. The glass is a plastic cup, right? Glass projectiles in the Whitt would not be a good idea right now. :-)

This past off season. It had been on the team’s radar for years. Supposedly the big ice was a recruiting disadvantage. Much discussion about that on the UNH threads the past few years. The floor had to be dug up for refrigeration system replacement. The old system was failing and it made sense financially to decrease the ice surface at the same time. Funding to adjust seating/sight lines was not available nor was funding for the ultimate renovation which would have included new and improved home and visiting team facilities.
                    Yes - I can see that the suite location at the Whit might not have the ideal viewing location. Not sure if you have been to a game at BU, but at Agganis, all the suites are just above the last row of seats behind the seating bowl. A better view perhaps, but for the 98% of the fans not in the suites they close off the entire concourse from the playing surface. I think the atmosphere at Agganis would be improved if they got rid of 50% of the suites and opened up the concourse. I really like how the entire concession / concourse area at the Whit is open air down to the ice.

Yes - Agganis concessions consistently have the worst arena food I've ever experienced. It is actually impressive they are able to manage that year after year. And yes - I should have said cup not "glass". At Agganis they just crack the can and hand it to you.

Comment

• On another note - what is the story with Sunset? It’s been dark each time we have tried. Out of business for good? Temporary staffing issues?

With both T’s and Sunset gone, what becomes the pre/post game spot?
                      Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-03-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

On another note - what is the story with Sunset? It’s been dark each time we have tried. Out of business for good? Temporary staffing issues?

With both T’s and Sunset gone, what becomes the pre/post game spot?
                        I see that Sunset was indeed open tonight. Good to see!

Comment

• I am not enjoying myself at this game. Power play is awful.

Comment

• Got it done. Never know what kind of game it’s going to be. Solid defensive effort. A few pucks eventually found then back of the net. It was enough. Great to get the 6 points!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                              Got it done. Never know what kind of game it’s going to be. Solid defensive effort. A few pucks eventually found then back of the net. It was enough. Great to get the 6 points!
                              Yup. UNH Goalie played well.. kept them in it for a long time, and an overall solid defensive effort as you mentioned. Good to get the sweep.

More good news - it seems Harpoon Rec League was added to the selection (at least I had not seen it before tonight) - good addition.

Comment

I see that Sunset was indeed open tonight. Good to see!
                                Yes - Rogie and I went there before the game, having no idea that it had been closed for a period of time. The good news is that the food was very tasty. The bad news is that they had no draft beverages yet, messed up the food order, and the service was very slow. But they were good about it - took some $$ off the tab without us asking them to, and they were very apologetic. Seems they are just dealing with the same staffing challenges as everyone, plus trying too reopen.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X