This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I didn't watch any of the game so I can't really give insight into the product. That said, this U18 team has beaten almost all the NCAA teams it has faced (I think they won their first 8 or 11 or something like that), and despite the pain it causes to say so given all the BC recruits, has to be considered one of the top U18 teams in a long time. It sounds like some shaky goaltending got is into a hole that we just couldn't get all the way out of, despite a strong push.

If any of the issues bleed into the UNH series then perhas that will be a cause for concern, but otherwise, I am not going to dwell.
    The U18s are now 9-2, with wins against 3 top 15 PWR teams, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, BU. Interestingly the losses were to Niagara and D2 Bethel. They're particular strong & deep at forward. As for BU, Pando correctly said: not ready to play in the first, better in the second, started pushing it in the third.

Some positives for BU: A non-lacrosse goal for Skoog and one for Phillips, both of whom have been in scoring droughts; Matt Brown regularly on the scoresheet; a strong game for Getz who showed his offensive side and nearly won the game with a point shot off the post.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Always nice not playing and moving up a few spots in the PWR - currently 6. Heading into December with 8 wins is something we haven’t done lately (9 in 2014-2015). This can really set us up for some good things ahead. Hopefully this team remains motivated. I watched a little UNH vs Holy Cross yesterday. UNH does not look good. Need to continue the good play get the 2 wins.

Comment

• Did you all see you scored the winning goal in Arizona State’s OT win over Minnesota?
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Did you all see you scored the winning goal in Arizona State’s OT win over Minnesota?
          GWG and three assists. Not a bad game.

Why can't we get players like that?

Comment

• Lane Hutson wins Hockey East Player of the Week! Though it was his stupid penalty at the end of the game against the US-U18 team on Saturday that gave them the winning PPG in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Lane Hutson wins Hockey East Player of the Week! Though it was his stupid penalty at the end of the game against the US-U18 team on Saturday that gave them the winning PPG in OT.
              Exhibition game! Wouldn't get too worked up about it since a number of key players didn't play. What was more concerning was BC's strong recruiting class.

Comment

• Kind of off topic, but has anyone been successful using the Exchange function on the Agganis ticket manager site? If you have a ticket package but can't attend a particular game, you can exchange the tickets for a different game. This worked fine last season but not at all this season. I emailed and called the ticket office but it's still not working for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by meauxmo View Post

Exhibition game! Wouldn't get too worked up about it since a number of key players didn't play. What was more concerning was BC's strong recruiting class.
                  BC's 2023 class is exceptionally strong and the group we saw Saturday didn't include the high-end goalie they recently committed. However, BU's class should be pretty good based on USHL performance. It includes 3 of the leagues' top 8 goal scorers: Harvey with 16 is #1 (also leads in points- 30), Celebrini and Lachance with 11 each, tied for 3rd. Gavin McCarthy is 4th in scoring for Ds and is rostered to the US Select Team for the World Junior A Challenge.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Anyone making the trek to Durham tonight? I was planning to but now I am not. On paper this should be a good weekend but, well, it is a Friday night game and we all know how those have been going.

Comment

• Looking to go to Conte for the first time in forever next week. What section is the visitor section?
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Commesso out sick tonight. Will our Friday woes continue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

BC's 2023 class is exceptionally strong and the group we saw Saturday didn't include the high-end goalie they recently committed. However, BU's class should be pretty good based on USHL performance. It includes 3 of the leagues' top 8 goal scorers: Harvey with 16 is #1 (also leads in points- 30), Celebrini and Lachance with 11 each, tied for 3rd. Gavin McCarthy is 4th in scoring for Ds and is rostered to the US Select Team for the World Junior A Challenge.
                          Will be interesting to see if the new regime moves things in a direction that isn't so USNTDP-focused. I'm not lobbying for it and this isn't sour grapes over losing out on Eiserman (the articles in our local paper are becoming more regular - grrrr). We've certainly had guys that excelled in the USHL that didn't translate into strong D-1 performance (Bellows), but I'm not against a wider recruiting net if it means a little more roster stability.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Commesso out sick tonight. Will our Friday woes continue?
                            No. We have the benefit of having a "down" game be an exhibition that doesn't hurt us. So this should be the rebound game. I know the sheet at the Whit is no longer a lake but my instinct is to expect a big game from the playmakers (e.g. Lane Hutson, Ryan Greene).
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Sadly the Friday night woes continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

No. We have the benefit of having a "down" game be an exhibition that doesn't hurt us. So this should be the rebound game. I know the sheet at the Whit is no longer a lake but my instinct is to expect a big game from the playmakers (e.g. Lane Hutson, Ryan Greene).
                                Try saying maybe in your best Dave Chappelle voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X