BU: '22-'23 Season: Sail The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePack View Post

This NU team has gone from pre-season #1 to easy win until proven otherwise. I expect a less than competitive game tonight. Maybe tomorrow will look different with mcdonough and struble back, but their suspension is not an excuse for the soggy play I’m expecting tonight.
    These are the games that worry me. I'm sure the guys are feeling pretty good about themselves (and they've earned that) but if you approach any game with the notion that is going to be a 'softie', that's when someone gives you a dope slap and hands you a loss. NU will not have forgotten the Beanpot last year, their fans travel well and, as we've seen, every team in Hockey East has proven to be beatable this year. We're wearing the bullseye now - the worst thing we could be is cocky. On paper we should sweep them but the doing of it will still need a complete effort from everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

These are the games that worry me. I'm sure the guys are feeling pretty good about themselves (and they've earned that) but if you approach any game with the notion that is going to be a 'softie', that's when someone gives you a dope slap and hands you a loss. NU will not have forgotten the Beanpot last year, their fans travel well and, as we've seen, every team in Hockey East has proven to be beatable this year. We're wearing the bullseye now - the worst thing we could be is cocky. On paper we should sweep them but the doing of it will still need a complete effort from everyone.
      Pandolfo was asked yesterday if the absence of McDonough and Strubel might lessen the team's readiness. From today's blogpost:
      The absence of two important Huskies won’t impact his team, Pandolfo asserted. ““We like to think our mindset is, it doesn’t matter, who we’re playing, who’s in the lineup. We really want to focus on how we’re gonna play. That’s the big thing for us… we’re really focused on playing our game.”
      Frankly, I like the swagger in that approach. I also like seeing in various players' comments the necessity of getting off to a fast start in games. Greene mentioned that in an Inside Hockey East podcast.

I'm more worried that the eight USCHO writers who unanimously picked UMass last Friday all agree on a BU win tonight.
      Last edited by Rogie21; 11-18-2022, 12:13 PM.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• What a fusterCluck getting in. None of the scanners were working right so everyone who has their tickets in the apple wallet (which was many) www not able to get scanned.

Agganis needs to get their **** together. What a joke.

Comment

• Random question - didn’t BU score an own goal on a delayed penalty back in Walter Brown Arena? Was it Mark Bavis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Random question - didn’t BU score an own goal on a delayed penalty back in Walter Brown Arena? Was it Mark Bavis?
            Pretty sure yes…

Comment

• I guess the bye week threw things off and the guys didn’t realize it was a Friday night and that’s why they won cuz we’re right back to not being able to win on Fridays. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Random question - didn’t BU score an own goal on a delayed penalty back in Walter Brown Arena? Was it Mark Bavis?
                Yes, Friday 13 February 1998 vs UML. BU lost 5-2 and when we got home after the game I had multiple phone messages informing me my father had did early that day. However the hospital staff never looked through his clothes and so never found his emergency contact list, so I wasn't called at work. All in all a very bad day for me.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Utterly disappointing result. It was going to come down to who would blink first, and it was Commesso. I didn’t see any replays, but I’m sure he wants that one back. Levi is a big pain in the behind, especially against us. Got to get to rebounds and bury some. Need to score on the PP against guys like this. Numbers down low have to work. Reminding me of a time long ago when we had trouble beating, I think Mike Ayers from UNH. Could not score even 1 in several games including the 2003 HE Championship game. This makes tomorrow essential.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                    Utterly disappointing result. It was going to come down to who would blink first, and it was Commesso. I didn’t see any replays, but I’m sure he wants that one back. Levi is a big pain in the behind, especially against us. Got to get to rebounds and bury some. Need to score on the PP against guys like this. Numbers down low have to work. Reminding me of a time long ago when we had trouble beating, I think Mike Ayers from UNH. Could not score even 1 in several games including the 2003 HE Championship game. This makes tomorrow essential.
                    BU let their best scorer walk down the middle of the ice. I think it was 4 on 1 and he ripped a shot off the post and in. He should have never been able to walk in. BU was legless tonight. I don’t think they had one good scoring chance all night and the times they did they fumbled the puck and either got the shot blocked or didn’t even get a shot off. NU did a great job of blocking shots. They really just pack it in.

Comment

• BU93, that goal isn't as bad as you think. That kid has a scorers touch. He had a very similar goal disallowed last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
                        BU93, that goal isn't as bad as you think. That kid has a scorers touch. He had a very similar goal disallowed last weekend.
                        Agreed… I didn’t watch the replay but from my angle it looked like he picked his spot pretty well.

Comment

• Like I said, I didn’t see the replay. And yes, you can’t allow the shot 1 on 4. It was probably just a perfectly placed shot.

Comment

• - Old Alum called it. Definitely had the potential to be a trap game. Credit to NU for playing a great game. It's a long season. We drop from 2 to 10 in the Pariwise as of 12:50am. Now we have to go into their barn and redeem ourselves.
                            - I wish Levi was two inches taller - he would be a pro by now. Can't wait until he is gone. The guy is unbelievable.
                            - That said we had some golden opportunities but didn't hit the net. Brown had Vaseline on his stick on a couple great opportunities.
                            - Did Jeremy Wilmer play a single shift? I know he was the "extra" forward. Maybe he wa only there on case someone was injured?
                            - Commesso played a great game. I am not blaming him for the goal. Fensore made an aggressive play offensively, so we had a forward covering d.
                            - Sean P. - holy crap that is a terrible story. You know I was going to come on and say - "I remember that game, it was a loss to Lowell." And then I read what a tragic night it was for you. RIP Mr. Pickett...
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• If a few BU forwards had the ability to roof the puck, they would have scored 3-4 goals last night.

The effort was there. They care. Perhaps they cared a little too much. They were jumpy with the puck on numerous occasions.

The winning goal was absolute snipe. Bar and in. I don’t blame Drew at all. He was immense all night and every bit as good as Levi.

Quicker hands without rushing their overall game is my note for tonight.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• I saw Wilmer once, defkit. And speaking of Wilmer…did Skoog attempt The Skoog and miss?

BU overskated the puck a lot. And NU blocked a bazillion shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X