This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
    Let’s take the conversation off of food and the merits of card only transactions then.

Statistically, we have some of the worst goaltending in the country right now. I think we know that’s not really the case, but I believe this has been the the way it’s been in the last several years. If you’re not going 2.00 goal/game or less and 0.950 SV% or more, you’re not an elite team, and you’re probably not even a very good team. Goals against is usually more on the team, but save % more on the goalie. Both categories are bad, if not downright horrible.

Duplessis is 2.85 (15th in HE, 50th nationally ) 0.896 (14th HE, 50th nationally)
    Commesso is 3.66 (17th in HE, 68th nationally) 0.877 (17th HE, 69th nationally)

These guys should not have these stats.

This needs to get better (a lot better) if we hope to compete near the top of the league and nationally. Defense and goaltending.

Save percentage for a goalie is a joke stat. BU goalies are probably one of the best tandems in the country. BU doesn't play a style that equates to a .950 they are an offensive minded skill team even in the back end. Particularly last year they gave up endless odd man rushes and breakaways as the defense rushed the puck and was out position. This year they appear to much more structured. Goalie stats can absolutely be deceiving. Michigan had almost 5 full minutes of a 5 on 3 yet that counts against Commesso's stats. He had no shot at those goals. Teams like Quinnipiac pack it in/play trap all game and don't give up many shots so their goalies always have incredible stats. Lets not forget BU takes a TON of penalties and are on the penalty kill for 15+ minutes per game (7th most in the country) which is awful. The best teams stay out of the box. Teams like UMASS are averaging 8.7 minutes of penalties in comparison. Merrimack is only taking 5 minutes of penalties a game which is why they are successful right now - BU is playing almost a full period per game in the box. IF BU needs to improve its #1 thing is to cut down on the penalties and play teams 5 v 5. Goaltending will be a strength as it has been. The forwards can contribute more to the scoresheet as the D are leading the scoring which is pretty embarrassing.
    Last edited by Lemonade; 11-02-2022, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Parents must be going soft these days. My kids will never have my credit card on their phone.
      Mookie met up with the middle boy for a spurs game a couple weeks ago and gave him the card to go up and gets us pints

didn’t think twice about it
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Don't know if this should be in recruiting thread but rumor is Michael Emerson from Chicago Steel has decommitted from Umass and BU could be a likely destination. Chose Umass over BU and Harvard when he committed back in 2020. If we are lucky to get him, this may be the biggest (as in size) class we've had in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
          Don't know if this should be in recruiting thread but rumor is Michael Emerson from Chicago Steel has decommitted from Umass and BU could be a likely destination. Chose Umass over BU and Harvard when he committed back in 2020. If we are lucky to get him, this may be the biggest (as in size) class we've had in a long time.
          Maybe Jack Harvey is working on him to come to the good guys?

Comment

Don't know if this should be in recruiting thread but rumor is Michael Emerson from Chicago Steel has decommitted from Umass and BU could be a likely destination. Chose Umass over BU and Harvard when he committed back in 2020. If we are lucky to get him, this may be the biggest (as in size) class we've had in a long time.
            Steel's line sheet now says uncommitted. He scored twice last night as did Harvey, and the two combined on a 3-on-5 SHG Friday. Emerson has other BU connections as well. Played with L.Hutson, Kaplan and Anton Castro on the N.Jersey Avalanche 16Us. A 6'2" 200 RW. Big class is correct. Like a Cornell recruit class. Both decommits--Musa and Fine--are smaller guys.

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Maybe Jack Harvey is working on him to come to the good guys?
            And Celebrini, who is very likely coming next September. Hockey recruits, like FB and BB, lobby teammates and friends to join them. Hearing that Perrault was heavily lobbied by the other BC recruits on the U18s.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• So, I'm a little nervous about this weekend. UMass has not had a good couple of weekends - swept by Providence and splitting with Merrimack. I can't see them having three bad weekends in a row. I'm making the trek out to Amherst on Friday but wondering if I should just stay home and watch it (now that I realize I have ESPN+ with my Disney+ subscription).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                So, I'm a little nervous about this weekend. UMass has not had a good couple of weekends - swept by Providence and splitting with Merrimack. I can't see them having three bad weekends in a row. I'm making the trek out to Amherst on Friday but wondering if I should just stay home and watch it (now that I realize I have ESPN+ with my Disney+ subscription).
                I'll be there. Picking up son #2 to bring him home for the weekend, so the timing works out well.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Shane Bowers will make his debut for Avs tonight. Last first round pick from 2017 draft to play an NHL game. A player that declined from Quinn to Albie, and could have used another year. Happy for him

Comment

Shane Bowers will make his debut for Avs tonight. Last first round pick from 2017 draft to play an NHL game. A player that declined from Quinn to Albie, and could have used another year. Happy for him
                    92nd Terrier in the NHL.
                    https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status...kzVvSmc49c-Lfg

Pandolfo talked to media about areas of emphasis in practice.
                    https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...ss-series.html

Comment

So, I'm a little nervous about this weekend. UMass has not had a good couple of weekends - swept by Providence and splitting with Merrimack. I can't see them having three bad weekends in a row. I'm making the trek out to Amherst on Friday but wondering if I should just stay home and watch it (now that I realize I have ESPN+ with my Disney+ subscription).
                      Certainly understand why you would feel that way. I’m optimistic- we’ve played well against them recently and we should be well motivated for a sweep. We really need it. We’re falling behind in the standings quickly. I know we’re playing the good teams early, but we don’t want this to get out of hand. Normally I would say a win and some kind of OT situation, but I really want all the points this weekend. Can’t wait for the games!

Comment

• Well, anyone like that one? First Friday win! I hope all those who were able to go went. Only negative was another 5 minute major taken. I didn’t like the start, but we held until we got it going.

Comment

• Only this team could have a five-goal lead and make me nervous. I didn’t think that hit warranted a five. But that could be my scarlet colored glasses.

That said - w00t! I thought overall they played pretty well. Maybe they were told it was Thursday or something. The freshmen all played well. Here’s hoping it continues tomorrow night!

Comment

Only this team could have a five-goal lead and make me nervous. I didn’t think that hit warranted a five. But that could be my scarlet colored glasses.
                            Not counting last weekend teams taking a 5-0 lead in DI men's hockey were 263-0 and had never lost the lead and teams taking a 5 goal lead at any point in a game were 444-0, so a very hard hill to climb. As for you being nervous, it seems that you are a pessimist about BU and always expect the worst. As for the penalty, it was slew-footing which is a major and is also a point of emphasis this season.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• They didn’t announce it as slew footing in the arena. They called it elbowing. And it seems I’m a pessimist? Jeez Sean are you just coming to that conclusion after knowing me for years?

Comment

• Skoog's "Skoog" goal was #1 on SportsCenter. Apparently, Mark Linehan, on the BU audio feed, "called" Skoog's goal...again.

Greene, Quinn Hutson, Skoog and Brown each had six shots. 5 for Lane.

Comment

Working...
                                X