This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting NHL.com Q&A with Lane, conducted last week:
    "Coach Kim Brandvold has been great with me, too. He's trying to help develop me into someone who can play 30 minutes a night and to kind of do it without putting myself in vulnerable spots."

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/c...0-LaneHutsonQA

More about the new recruit on the blog.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Gonna disagree on the credit card only thing. Cash transactions are slow. The lines already move slow enough, adding counting change to the equation makes it slower. No issue with them going cashless, it's the standard at this point.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Thats fine (I guess) for me, although I'm not a fan of having lots of $10 and $15 charges on my credit card - what to do people do when their kids go to the game? They expect parents to provide their kids with credit cards now? One one hand it is a small peccadillo, but on the other hand kind of a big negative IMO.
        #OldManYellsAtCloud

BU Hockey: Charge Me
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Concessions at agganis are pitiful. The pizza is burnt and your only other options are chicken nuggets/nachos/candy or popcorn? How about some variety?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
            Concessions at agganis are pitiful. The pizza is burnt and your only other options are chicken nuggets/nachos/candy or popcorn? How about some variety?
            Agganis has to be the worst now, right? I'll take a dog out of a filthy crock pot before I eat another one at Agganis.

It's like they have just given up.
            Go BU!

Comment

• Having to pay for concessions with credit/debit card aside, did Agganis mention this at all in any communication? I don't recall seeing it mentioned. Before the Red Sox season started, and during the season, I received many emails about Fenway going cashless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Having to pay for concessions with credit/debit card aside, did Agganis mention this at all in any communication? I don't recall seeing it mentioned. Before the Red Sox season started, and during the season, I received many emails about Fenway going cashless.
                I do remember seeing in the welcome letter about the new and exciting concession options (or something to that effect) - which obviously didn’t happen.

I also don’t remember seeing anything about having to pay with a credit card.

I'm still not sure how this works for kids (teenagers who can go to games alone) at these arenas.. parents are just giving their kids credit cards?

Comment

• This is pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I do remember seeing in the welcome letter about the new and exciting concession options (or something to that effect) - which obviously didn’t happen.

I also don’t remember seeing anything about having to pay with a credit card.

I'm still not sure how this works for kids (teenagers who can go to games alone) at these arenas.. parents are just giving their kids credit cards?
                    Teenagers have their parent's credit card # on their phone.

The bi-week. Where we spend two pages talking about concessions and payment options.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Let’s take the conversation off of food and the merits of card only transactions then.

Statistically, we have some of the worst goaltending in the country right now. I think we know that’s not really the case, but I believe this has been the the way it’s been in the last several years. If you’re not going 2.00 goal/game or less and 0.950 SV% or more, you’re not an elite team, and you’re probably not even a very good team. Goals against is usually more on the team, but save % more on the goalie. Both categories are bad, if not downright horrible.

Duplessis is 2.85 (15th in HE, 50th nationally ) 0.896 (14th HE, 50th nationally)
                      Commesso is 3.66 (17th in HE, 68th nationally) 0.877 (17th HE, 69th nationally)

These guys should not have these stats.

This needs to get better (a lot better) if we hope to compete near the top of the league and nationally. Defense and goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Teenagers have their parent's credit card # on their phone.

The bi-week. Where we spend two pages talking about concessions and payment options.
                        Parents must be going soft these days. My kids will never have my credit card on their phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                          Let’s take the conversation off of food and the merits of card only transactions then.

Statistically, we have some of the worst goaltending in the country right now. I think we know that’s not really the case, but I believe this has been the the way it’s been in the last several years. If you’re not going 2.00 goal/game or less and 0.950 SV% or more, you’re not an elite team, and you’re probably not even a very good team. Goals against is usually more on the team, but save % more on the goalie. Both categories are bad, if not downright horrible.

Duplessis is 2.85 (15th in HE, 50th nationally ) 0.896 (14th HE, 50th nationally)

This needs to get better (a lot better) if we hope to compete near the top of the league and nationally. Defense and goaltending.
                          Its early and stats are distorted by one game in MI where the wheels came off. Essentially meaningless. In the other 6 games we have let in 2,2,4,2,2 and 1 goal.

Comment

• As to concessions, anyone remember the carvery station above section 106? That was pretty good for in game food. I wonder what happened to that?

I didn't wander down to the far end, but is anything currently in the station next to the ice cream? What optoins do they have there?

From what I can tell the current options are:
                            - Behind section 107: Pizza
                            - Behind section 109: Chicken Fingers
                            - Behind 103 and 113: Hot Dogs, Candy, Popcorn, Pretzels
                            - Behind 119: Ice cream

Am i missing any other options?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                              Let’s take the conversation off of food and the merits of card only transactions then.

Goaltending is not an issue right now. As said above, this is heavily skewed by the UM Friday game.

Anyone who's watched the team play can tell that on the list of things that need significant improvement, goaltending is not one of them.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• 2 of our top 3 scorers are defensemen. Clearly, the forwards need to step up.

Circle Skoog and O'brien. Skoog has 1 assist through 6 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X